DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 541
4 members and 537 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, legendindisguise, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
1 piece suit opinions?
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

1 piece suit opinions? - September 9, 2006, 12:00 AM

hello... I went down a few weeks ago in southern md.... I was wearing a 2 piece teknic suit, teknic gloves, and sidi boosts.... basics... I walked away pretty much with out a scratch, but my left sleeve opened up at the stiching, and I got a nice 2 inch bit of road rash because of it.... No real complaints since the rest of me was unmarked...my gixxer on the other hand well.... I am putting it back together, and want to get some new leathers...
I have been looking at 1 piece higher end suits from alpinestar, and dainese etc... obviously how does there construction stack up next to some of the cheaper brands? I dont mind spending 1800 bucks if it will save my skin, I just would like to choose one worth the money, not the brand name hype....I know you get what you pay for, but not allways.... what do you guys like..... ? I hope I dont get flamed I did not search, and this is my 1st post....later
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Invictus Dominans Forma

September 9, 2006, 12:12 AM

Dude,

Check Syed leathers out, they have a good rep and you can get a custom sized suit for less than 1200 depending on colors and design. You can do your own design and stiil have it under 1500.00. Before I bought my Duc I was thinking about buying a BMW K1200S and I sent them a suit drawing for a one piece based on the boxer cup suit (blue/white) and they quoted me at 1450.00 which is incredible fully armored and perfed. If you want to get an off the rack I would go with Dainese which aint cheap but neither are hospital bills. Dainese is the Ferrari of suits IMHO. Still my next 1 piece will be from Syed for sure. http://www.syedleathers.com

Good luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOR SALE
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

September 9, 2006, 10:49 AM

Alpinstars and Dainese both make GREAT suits, and you mentioned that you don't coming up off the coin... More power to you...

The best bang for the buck, IMO is the MotoGP Compression suit... it's priced right around 1k and it's pretty much on the same level of quality as the others... Kangaroo hide, as well... DEFINITELY worth checking out.

2001 GSXR 1000 (The bike that lit the afterburner on the liter class world)
2012 Monster 1100 Evo
2003 Yamaha YZFR6 (track only)

mmm... carbon fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by No One Ever
Awesome Prius!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to skwidrific Send a message via AIM to skwidrific  
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 9, 2006, 11:55 AM

You also can try Vanson leathers. I have had one for 12 years and been down in it 5 times and still no tears but one hole when the shifter went through it at the calf. These are thick and heavy but thin light ones are good for one crash. If you do get them they are custom made and get the double zipper so you can get them on and off without lube! About 1200-1400 for them!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)

September 9, 2006, 12:53 PM

thanks for the reply's, I wish I could just go sample some of these vendors... what place in the area has a wide variety in stock , so I could atleast just compare quality at the same time?Is there even such a place?Half the places I check have a few joe rocket jackets on the rack and thats it.....
Unread
  (#6)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 9, 2006, 01:07 PM

Most places do not stock high end suits. You can post up and ask people like you have. Its hard on the eastcoast for store fronts to carry suits. Colemans has some suits and You can look at the websites and see if they have a dealer nearby.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#7)
Site Owner

September 9, 2006, 01:13 PM

I bought a motogp compression kangaroo suit and got a great deal on it from Tom @ Coleman's in Falls Church. If you go tell him you're a part of .net, he will hook it up for you.

And the kangaroo leather is awesome.. lightweight. Haven't crashed in it yet but I'll let you know how that goes when it happens.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#8)
This Ain't My First Time!

September 9, 2006, 01:13 PM

Dude get the Dainese. I had a get off in my Dainese suit and I still wear the thing. I have the two peice P.103 pants and the Gladiator jacket. I had it zipped in when I had the get off. The Gladiator jacket is the jacket with the leather in the front and the rest is made of D-tex. I also slid on my sholder and the stitching was not compromised at all. It is still good enough to ride in and I am sure it would hold up in another get off. I would go the Dainese route, but it aint cheap. Like someone before me said, neither are hospital bills. Good luck!!!

BTW I am sure the other venders are good as well. I just have experience (actual get off) with Dainese so that is what I recommend.

OVER? did you say "Over"? Nothing is over until we decide its over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!!!

~Blutarski~

Dodge131:
If your goal is to scrape knee within 1 mile of your house then you sir have a problem.

Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich.

Last edited by cf3232; September 9, 2006 at 01:16 PM..
Unread
  (#9)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

September 9, 2006, 01:32 PM

Syed or a completely custom one by Barnacle Bill.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#10)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
September 9, 2006, 01:34 PM

Get in touch with Bedos in Falls Church they may be able to repair your current stuff

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#11)
THE PATIENT

September 9, 2006, 01:38 PM

imho----it dont matter what kinda suit you got, or especially how much money you spend, your gonna pop somestiches when you hit asphalt because of the friction

ive seen every kinda suit at the track from frank thomas to 1500 bucks and they all pop seams when you get off the bike..

i personally use fieldsheer and came off on a low side and popped the stitch on my right hip that hit the ground first..but got it restitched and all good, retouched it with white leather dye and its good as new..

i also dont believe you should only rely on 1.3mm of leather to protect you, another measure such as body armor and spine protectors should be used, cuz if you slide far enough fast enough leather aint gonna help either.

this is of course what i practice and everybody is different, i know my bones are gonna snap, but id much rather have meat on em while they heal (fieldsheer is a damn good suit)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander  
Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
September 9, 2006, 01:45 PM

1hander would be the man to know. Mad props to you

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#13)

September 9, 2006, 03:07 PM

appreciate it, I actualy ride with a back protector all the time.... I know that friction can eat up a stich quick, but some of the higher end suits looks like they are stiched on the inside of the seam...like folded inand then stiched...seams like it would hold up better...either was I was just looking on opinions, and you guys gave me some good places to start... I just want some comfort, and extra safety, a little bit of quality will go along way in keeping the suit for a few seasons....
Unread
  (#14)
MRP Racing

September 9, 2006, 03:37 PM

defently vanson leathers if u can afford it , there custom fit , i think they take about 38 different measurments so they fit like a glove. but like others have said just about any brand will save your ass the same as a more pricey brand , i've been down 3 times on my teknics and they are still holding up , a little stich repare but thats about it.

sponsor
http://WWW.MRPMOTORSPORTS.COM
WERA AM # 616
TPM GP Moto # 11
R.I.P My Baby Girl Jessica Vetter 12-6-86 - 4-21-07
Unread
  (#15)
Signed up for Track Days!

September 11, 2006, 08:52 AM

Get Alpinestars. The quality is just as good if not better than Dainese and it's not nearly as expensive. There was a suit comparison done in one of the euro magazines and dainese was actually only middle of the road.

If you want to save a few more bucks, get the MotoGP suit. I know a bunch of people that use at the track and it has held up very well. Good bang for buck.