DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 303
19 members and 284 guests
Baddog, bds120, BigDaddyShoo, big_sur, Cambion, djkouza, Doyler, Fitz, GRN96WS6, Jshep, launchforwards, legendindisguise, O2ShootTheJ, R6SP, Southwade, Tipssy, turkishexpress, vanilla, yzl337
Most users ever online was 919, June 27, 2007 at 03:26 PM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
707 Connex Helmet
Unread
  (#1)
otb
Knee Draggin!

707 Connex Helmet - May 12, 2013, 08:12 PM

I have struggled with the various Bluetooth systems for a couple of years with mixed results. Both the add on systems I have tried give ok phone results, but are bulky, detract from helmet comfort and have short battery life.

I picked up the Connex helmet on sale at CycleGear a couple of months ago.

I like modular helmets; I wear glasses and have issues with fit with many brands. Usually, if they fit with my glasses, the helmet is too loose or wobbly, or leak air or are uncomfortable.

Modular helmets, because of design and construction requirements for the moveable chin bar have a padding gap at the temple to accommodate the hinge mech. This gap just happens to allow my glasses bows to fit without hitting the helmet; if there is pressure on the bows, every time the helmet moves, my glasses jiggle, which jiggles my vision. Very distracting mid-turn, at speed.

I have a Scorpion EXO900 modular helmet, which, like all Scorpions, gives my head a very good, snug fit. The 707 has a very similar fit, but not the same fit and finish; it's an injection-molded polycarbonate helmet, so it has that "plastic" look and feel; but otherwise is a quality piece.

The ONLY bitch I have is that the face shield snaps down TOO tight; trying to flip it up requires more that average pressure and it comes up with a clunk.

The built-in Connex Bluetooth unit is almost invisible except for a multi-function button on the lower left side of the helmet. The speakers and microphone are invisible; the speaks are ok at sub-60 MPH speeds, but as roadnoise increases, the speakers become less useful. Holding a phone conversation above 70 is all but impossible; but for average daily use, works just fine.

The helmet is all-day comfortable, especially with ear plugs, but that eliminates the Blutooth advantage.

It's a good day-to-day commuting helmet with the plus of built-in communication, but I wouldn't want to use it as a week-long touring helmet.

http://www.decreasingradius.net/

TNT: So in summation, yes, 600 ss for your first bike can be done, but it's stupid. It's like eating pasta with a knife - you're just making it harder for no good reason.
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to