DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 612
4 members and 608 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Aerostich
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Aerostich - August 6, 2007, 10:33 PM

Does anyone here ride with a Aerostich? I have a one piece Roadcrafter and am very happy with it. -Jason
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Republicans for Voldemort

August 7, 2007, 07:23 AM

yep... black and grey 2 piece with the elipse.... Works great - just gotta remember to camp dry it every so often........

-Jason

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

August 7, 2007, 07:38 AM

2 Piece with elipse and some other custom crap. I love it. I wash and treat mine only with the Nikwax products. Only cause the have worked so I am not going to try something else. My suit paid for its already in 2 ways first I won it as a prize at a rally second my motor blew on my Tiger and 4l of Mobil 1 blew all over my leg. I didn't even feel it.
Unread
  (#4)
Tough guy

August 7, 2007, 08:20 AM

I ride with a few BMW enthusiasts and Aerostich is TOP notch. In many cases - better than leathers.
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#5)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 7, 2007, 09:30 AM

How much are these in relation to leathers? How do they hold up in a crash compared to leathers? How easy are they to put on (I think much easier than leathers)?

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 7, 2007, 09:34 AM

Roadcrafter Two Piece Jacket and Pants #125

Detailed Images
Zipped together, it's as fast and convenient to use as the one piece version, yet either part can be worn separately. The jacket overlaps the pants by about six inches and is attached with a securely sewn zipper to stand up to stress and hard use. The pants have a waist drawstring with cordlocks, and there are two additional pockets sewn into the lining that are accessible behind the flaps covering the side zippers. All the features of the one piece design are included in the two piece, making it the most versatile rider s suit available.

Loose enough to slip on easily over your street clothes, it's tailored to minimize wind flutter and drag at higher speeds yet it's light and compact enough to pack away or carry to the office. Years of experience have proven the suit's abrasion protection and all-weather capability. The one piece Roadcrafter is literally covered with innovations for riders: high-visibility Scotchlite reflective; nine strategically placed, external pockets; provisions for removable arm and thigh map window pockets, hip pads and back pad; underarm and back vents; side zippers for access to your street pants; comfortable, ultrasuede collar lining; and a variety of adjustable tabs and zippers that allow you to fine-tune the fit.

The Roadcrafter is all about attention to detail, real-world riding needs and meticulous craftsmanship. Machine washable, sizes 34 regular, 36-50 short, regular or long.

$787 or so.... Hmmm....

Tanya
Unread
  (#7)
Pleased to meet me

August 7, 2007, 09:52 AM

I've got the Darien Jacket (hi-viz) and black Darien pants. Get the hi-viz and be really geeky. Laugh at the squids laughing at you.

I lowsided at 40mph with the pants and a Vanson fully armored jacket. Sold the pants on eBay for about $100 and bought a new pair.

What you will find is that you wear them more than leathers because they are much easier to put on. For those few that actually ride to work and have to look better than a hobo, they fit great over nice cloths.

Unread
  (#8)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 7, 2007, 09:55 AM

Thanks, nunya, very informative!
Ebay for the win!

Tanya
Unread
  (#9)
Tough guy

August 7, 2007, 10:21 AM

Nunya, you shoulda sent them in for repair.

Tanya, they have a review section too.
Aerostich Roadcrafter Suit Review (Willy Ivins of MotorcycleDaily.com)
Cougar Collision (Craig Wheeler)
Motorcycle Online Hi Viz and Electric Darien Liner
Motorsports Network
Better than Leather (Motorcycle Online Staff)
Roadcrafter review (Ian Johnston)
Survival Skills (Kevin Williams)
You Gotta Get One of These! (Lou Crawford)
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#10)
Pleased to meet me

August 7, 2007, 01:58 PM

By the time the did the zipper and other stuff it was close. Also, the other leg had a hole in from my leg constanty hitting the exhaust on my chop.

Speaking of repairs. Vanson is not cheap but the customer service is so Fn good.
Unread
  (#11)
Firmly planted in DC

August 7, 2007, 03:50 PM

Gray 2 piece here. Much easier to put on over business attire than leathers.

Road tested on Rt. 28 where it crosses over I-270. It held up great! I like not having to stop to deal with a rain suit.
However, I think that the First Gear Kilamanjaro works better for really hot weather.
I also have a full Vanson perf suit for the track. That has also held up great when I crashed.

Lisa
Unread
  (#12)

August 7, 2007, 05:09 PM

I love mine.... I will always have one... That said, I just picked up a Spidi H2) suit - thru .net's connection Motoneko.

The only reason I did is that the stich hasn't changed over the last XX number of years... Some definately will say, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.... It's not perfect, I have camped dried mine - but anyone who has one will warn you to train, and to make sure the left leg zipper ovelap doesn't pop up.. In a rainstorm - if you aren't careful - water can get caught in the crotch area and if that flap isn't right - while your entire body will be dry - you will have soaked THAT area.. This means funny looks when you take it off, and it's wet if you have to put it back on.... The Spidi has a superior water protected zipper and got good crash reviews - so it pulled me away from brand loyalty... So it's not like the stich is the only thing outhere...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hondahawkrider Send a message via AIM to hondahawkrider  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

August 7, 2007, 05:35 PM

Tanya

There is nothing easier to get in and out of. The Roadcrafter is heavier than the darian to with stand a crash better. AeroStich customer service is excellent, just be prepared to send it back 3 or 4 times at your expense. Recently one of our dogs ate a strap for Kim throw overs. I called RiderWarhouse to order a new one. When I asked the cost they said no charge.

I have not had the crotch soak through on mine, well only once. I figured out the flap needs to remain flat and now it is not a problem. I have ridden entire days in the rain without any soaking, I Nikwax twice a year.

Venting is good as long as you are moving it sucks at a stop. although I did notice that I feel much less engine heat then in leather or mesh.

My only real complaints are all the Velcro and lack of flaps to cover the leg zippers.

I had seen people crash at over 50 mph and walk without a scratch. AeroStich will also repair crash and wear damage. I have yet to hear anyone say they were sorry they bought one.

Simply being able to get it on or off in 10 seconds rocks.
Unread
  (#14)
Groundhogs can play dead

August 7, 2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks! I've been hesitant about buying a leather jacket and/or suit. I have a fieldsheer jacket that I love - I can layer and unlayer it and be comfortable in most riding conditions. I also have some heavy duty "winter" pants (got them from someone on this site), but they don't do me much good the rest of the year... and they're a pain in the butt to put on and take off. Couldn't beat $60, though!

Tanya
Unread
  (#15)

August 7, 2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
Tanya

There is nothing easier to get in and out of. The Roadcrafter is heavier than the darian to with stand a crash better. AeroStich customer service is excellent, just be prepared to send it back 3 or 4 times at your expense. Recently one of our dogs ate a strap for Kim throw overs. I called RiderWarhouse to order a new one. When I asked the cost they said no charge.

I have not had the crotch soak through on mine, well only once. I figured out the flap needs to remain flat and now it is not a problem. I have ridden entire days in the rain without any soaking, I Nikwax twice a year.

Venting is good as long as you are moving it sucks at a stop. although I did notice that I feel much less engine heat then in leather or mesh.

My only real complaints are all the Velcro and lack of flaps to cover the leg zippers.

I had seen people crash at over 50 mph and walk without a scratch. AeroStich will also repair crash and wear damage. I have yet to hear anyone say they were sorry they bought one.

Simply being able to get it on or off in 10 seconds rocks.
err I am pretty sure the Darien Jacket is the exact same material as the roadcrafter... There is a Darien Light Jacket that isn't as heavy but if anything they make the regular Darien a bit heavier and stronger.. Folks are more apt to use a jacket by itself than a whole suit... While I have had a 2 piece for years, I have unzipped it only a handful... If I hadn't gone with the Spidi - I was going to get the Darien jacket and get the bib zipin for the pants and use it with the darien jacket instead of the Suit as a whole..

A friend when he is going serious touring - like in Alaska - uses the Darien jacket and pant vs the road crafer as it's stronger - etc... The fact that it's longer that the jacket of a roadcrafter 2 piece, can aslo provide more protextion from the elements in the nether region as it were - which is not covered if you are using a heated jacket... etc..

You are right that the customer service is incredible... If you say gain some weight and it gets too small- you can sent it in and for a low price will put some panels in it and make it larger - etc... They are good company to deal with... It's a awesome package - etc.... I just think they need to update their product - it's been the same for over a decade - and they are lots of advancements that could be used ...

-Jason
DAMN Rider DAMN Rider