DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 611
3 members and 608 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Realtor in VA

November 11, 2002, 09:15 PM

I ride a 2002 GSXR 750. Iím a good rider, ex-racer and I like to go fast most of the time. I moved out here from sunny southern California where the only clothing you needed was, gloves and helmet, of course and jeans and a leather jacket. Fine for the weekday commute, but if you wanted something better you had your full leathers for the weekend blasts through the canyons. You donít need a rain suit, it never, ever rains.

As anyone does who rides, eventually you come across someone wearing an Aerostich suit. You know the suits Iím talking about the snow mobile lookin suits you see older riders wearing on beamers and goldwings. The ones made out of NYLON!

I hate to say it, I bought one. Yep, I bought one, and I have to say, I love it!

I have to admit I liked the idea of one suit for all conditions and that is what I got. When it was hot, I opened the vents, I got cool. When it got cool, I closed the vents, I was warm again. When it was raining, I didnít care! I already had my rain suit on. Yes, thatís right itís water proof! Those old guys are on to something.

I bought the two piece Roadcrafter. The jacket can be worn alone for trips to school or the post office. So can the pants, if you want. They zip together at the waist like a two piece set of leathers. The pants have long zippers all the way up the legs, so you donít take your boots off to get in or out of the suit. To get into the suit takes about thirty seconds, getting out is faster. It was stiff when I got it but loosened up after one weekend of riding. The suit comes with knee, elbow and shoulder armor. You can get almost any color you want and they can tailor you suit to your specific needs. Sport bike people may want the legs longer. And the one piece suits have forward rotated arms for bikes like the GSXR or R1. I didnít have any problems riding with the suit, and with armor I felt as protected on the street as I would in my leathers, but I was more comfortable. Underneath I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I wouldnít wear it for track days but on the street, where the speeds are always much slower, itís now my first choice of riding gear.

It has so many pockets I could carry all the stuff that wouldnít fit in the tiny little compartment under the passenger seat of my bike. I had a full size map, cell phone, wallet tire pressure gauge, my keys, a baby ruth, and even a bottle of water.

I have to wonder after seeing these suits on guys and ladies who have obviously been riding for years, why I didnít get one earlier. I think that I had this image of myself being a bad ole sport bike guy. After one weekend in my Aerostich suit on my GSXR, I now think of myself as a bad ole sport bike guy in a comfortable do it all Roadcrafter motorcycle suit.

Look em up on line its worth your time. www.aerostich.com Tell em what you ride. My suit was delivered to me in four days. Judy said check it for fit and send it back for alterations. I want to get the legs lengthened a tad but not till there is ice on the roads, because until then Iím wearing my Roadcrafter!

I'm a Realtor Licensed In DC and VA
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to highsider Send a message via AIM to highsider