DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 612
4 members and 608 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Bluetooth helmet anyone?
Unread
  (#1)
TPG og

Bluetooth helmet anyone? - June 11, 2009, 10:56 AM

Since I'm needing a new helmet looked around found this. Love Vega's helmets (DOT, not Snell but whatever). Built in sound canceling mic, one touch bluetooth function. Dunno much about bluetooth except its wireless. Anyone know how it would work out with Ipod, GPS, Cell Phone and laser detector all at the same time wired up? Can you switch between things easily with bluetooth? Having wires hanging off you isn't fun at all. The flat black looks good to. Even has an internal flip down tinted half shield so you wouldn't have to buy any other shields. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...id-Helmet.aspx

"
Meets or exceeds DOT standard
Specialty thermoplastic shell in 6 sizes
Two shell sizes (XS M) and (L XL)
Interior flip down tinted half-shield
Channeled interior ventilation
Chin, forehead and cheek vents flow through to rear outlets
Built-in V-Tune Bluetooth receiver and high fidelity earphones
Compatible with Bluetooth devices such as cell phones and MP3 players
Driver to passenger communication
V-Tune Bluetooth long lasting battery 48 hours of standby and 6-8 hours of use
Recharge via AC adapter, included
Removable, washable, comfort fit liner interchangeable within shell size
Wick-Dri fabric has superior wicking properties
6-position optically correct UV protective, clear shield"
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to b00st  
Unread
  (#2)
Groping is a skill...

June 11, 2009, 11:17 PM

Actually its got a lot of cool features built into it. Unfortunately unless I had a sport cruiser I wouldn't get one since I don't think it will be very light or aerodynamic. On a super sport you gotta worry about your neck on any semi long ride.

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Ninja Power

June 12, 2009, 12:43 AM

I would love to try one on!

Talent
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Arctic White / White Pearl (Still Under Construction)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Talent Send a message via AIM to Talent  
Unread
  (#4)
Ninja Power

June 12, 2009, 12:44 AM

I just rememebred, Coleman carries Vegsa, atleast they did 7 years ago when I worked there, maybe I will go check it out and see if they have em, or are getting them

Talent
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
Arctic White / White Pearl (Still Under Construction)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Talent Send a message via AIM to Talent  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

June 12, 2009, 01:18 AM

I would get one in an instant - it sounds like a great idea - but in practice, they suck. The problem with all of them is that they don't allow for your own earbuds. You have to use their shitty speakers. Forget that, I want to use my Erymotic ER-6 to cut down on wind noise AND to protect my hearing.

Not to mention, most of them have only Mono audio and don't use transducer microphones.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

June 12, 2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
Actually its got a lot of cool features built into it. Unfortunately unless I had a sport cruiser I wouldn't get one since I don't think it will be very light or aerodynamic. On a super sport you gotta worry about your neck on any semi long ride.
In my experience, the more 'features' the more the item sucks at everything it does because it doesn't specialize in anything.

Unless you're on the salt flats, don't worry about aerodynamics. Also, no worries about your neck on long rides - if you ride long rides, it's not an issue. If you never ride long rides, everything will hurt anyway. I've ridden with a Chatterbox (which is about 1LB) and it's no problem at all. Around 120ish, you can feel the aerodynamics getting messed up, but at 120, you should be tucked in anyway, so it's no problem at any speed in practice.
Unread
  (#7)
Site ADMIN

June 12, 2009, 07:55 AM

the new Iphone 3Gs will allow you to listen to music through bluetooth.. might be a good buy to answer the phone and listen to music.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#8)
TPG og

June 12, 2009, 09:40 AM

Thanks the replies everyone. Turk, I emailed Vega to find out how much it weighs. It has stereo headphones, dunno how they managed that. The other BT helmets only had mono due to DOT restrictions (only one headphone/speaker allowed). I'll find out the weight but it seems worth it. My other Vega helmet protected my head 100% after a 65mph drop so I trust the company.

Spud, I'm loyal verizon user. No Iphone for me anytime soon, but maybe an G2 Android when they come out with it

Think I'mma go ahead and get it, even if can't switch easily between GPS, radar/laser, phone, etc being able to listen to music and phone wirelessly If I don't pick up for moms she calls 10 more times, crazy Greek moms ya know, plus pops and my sister call to warn about speedtraps of which there are tons in MoCo.
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

June 12, 2009, 10:23 AM

Bluetooth comes in different versions. The old tech is mono, the newer tech is stereo.
Unread
  (#10)
Im Always Down to Ride

June 12, 2009, 10:38 AM

I prefer getting whatever helmet you like the most and just putting a chatterbox xbi on it. Thats what I have. Can hear music extra clear and call out and talk at speeds 80+ without person on other side know I am on my bike as well I have a stealth exhaust on my R1 and its louder than most and still no issues.

Plus its portable....buy new helmet....move it to it

Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?

Speed kills, ride a Yamaha!

MotorSport/PowerSport Auctions
Unread
  (#11)
TPG og

June 12, 2009, 11:35 AM

http://www.chatterboxusa.com/cbx1btfkit.html

This looks cool, but bulky. Like the integrated helmet because theres no extra bulk save for maybe a couple pounds of weight like Turk was talking about. That kit is almost double the Vega helmets price though!
Unread
  (#12)
Im Always Down to Ride

June 12, 2009, 01:23 PM

its not bulky. Its like 2 inches long by 1 inch thick. sits comfy but hey I feel you, people like what they like....go for what you like.

Unread
  (#13)
TPG og

June 12, 2009, 03:38 PM

You know rememeber someone having one, they weren't that bulky. But for the price (400) and having to wire it all up... I'll take the Vega. Do you have to say turn off a radar detector to hear your phone or turn off the phone to hear the ipod? Can it all work at once?
Unread
  (#14)
Im Always Down to Ride

June 12, 2009, 04:07 PM

Its only 150, dont know what you are looking at...

Unread
  (#15)
Got my Permit

June 12, 2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
I would get one in an instant - it sounds like a great idea - but in practice, they suck. The problem with all of them is that they don't allow for your own earbuds. You have to use their shitty speakers. Forget that, I want to use my Erymotic ER-6 to cut down on wind noise AND to protect my hearing.

Not to mention, most of them have only Mono audio and don't use transducer microphones.

Then, how can you use your preferred headphone, e.g. Erymotic ER-6, with bluetooth for two devices: Sirius and GPS ?