DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 509
0 members and 509 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Earplug Recommendations
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Earplug Recommendations - March 1, 2007, 06:43 AM

Looking for a pair of reusable. Read all the threads on the subject, but no one actually recommended a pair.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/

or if anyone knows a closer one in Woodbridge. Do the ones that music stores sell are good enough for wind noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#2)
Spike

March 1, 2007, 06:48 AM

Tony (Archangelracerx) tells me to wear earplugs but if I do that then I can hear myself singing and I'd rather hear the noise inside the helmet than my own voice!

RIP Greg Walker, I will never forget you

If everybody thought before they spoke, the silence would be deafening
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jtatooz Send a message via Yahoo to jtatooz Send a message via AIM to jtatooz Send a message via Skype™ to jtatooz 
Unread
  (#3)
Que se jodan!!

March 1, 2007, 06:56 AM

I wear shooter's plugs - they last a long time since you can clean them, and they cut down a lot on wind noise without making you deaf to important sounds.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

March 1, 2007, 06:59 AM

I like these. They are cheap, washable, and comfortable. I don't use the insert.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Street Bonk Bum.....

March 1, 2007, 07:15 AM

just buy the big box of throw away ones from lowes or home depot or walmart. they work good at the track. its like $20 for like 500 of them.
Unread
  (#6)
whoa preppy......

March 1, 2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWZelibor
just buy the big box of throw away ones from lowes or home depot or walmart. they work good at the track. its like $20 for like 500 of them.

Sonar concurs. Big box of cheapies. They get dirty..pitch em. You lose one? Who cares...grab another pack.

2016 Concours 1400
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
opossum puncher

March 1, 2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Fru,

I like the little tube of heros to supliment though, I keep it in the trunk of the bonk, that way I always have a few with me.

-
Attack Life! It's going to kill you anyway.

08 Z1000

Go Hokies!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to zx6rfool  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

March 1, 2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
sure they work at the track. Try riding for 10 to 16 hours a day for 4 days. Your opinion will change about the cheap ones. There is nothing worse than pain in your ears while riding.
Unread
  (#9)
whoa preppy......

March 1, 2007, 07:51 AM

must be a personal thing. I've never had this pain you speak of.

2016 Concours 1400
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

March 1, 2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot
must be a personal thing. I've never had this pain you speak of.
Maybe. I notice it more with some of the cheaper high pressure models. Of the foam style I prefer the Howard Leigh brand MAX. I can wear them all day. Again, I like the Hearos because they are washable and comfortable.
Unread
  (#11)
BE ENCOURAGED!

March 1, 2007, 08:06 AM

I wear the throw away foam type. I usually buy packs of 50 0r 100 at a time when I go get gun stuff.

I don't use them for shooting because i don't think they give you enough protection against loud percussions.

I do recommend them on a bike, not just for comfort, but because they don't block out all the noise, they just tone it down. I still want to be able to hear sirens and be alert to my surroundings.

Sidebar: Even if you don't have a loud bike, I recommend you try earplugs just once to see if it makes your riding comfort level higher. You might be suprised at the wind and small humm noises it eliminates. The throw away ones are cheap so you really have nothing to loose and you can get them at CVS & RiteAide.

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
I Second That Opinion
Unread
  (#12)
Whoa, Momma!

I Second That Opinion - March 1, 2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
I wear shooter's plugs - they last a long time since you can clean them, and they cut down a lot on wind noise without making you deaf to important sounds.
I wear my shooter's plugs, too. They work pretty well and are wicked cheap to replace. Sides, it would be a bit silly to buy plugs for riding and a separate set of plugs for shooting.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to lucrecci  
Unread
  (#13)
B
It goes to 11.

March 1, 2007, 10:15 AM

Surprisingly comfortable too...

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#14)
GP Champ

March 1, 2007, 10:27 AM

I used a few different types. In the past I used the foam kind and pitched them when they got dirty. I found the foam pressing in my ear started to get uncomfortable after about 30 minutes. So I switched to something I got in my local bike shop. Those were better, but still pretty much a foam design and after a time would give you a headache. My most recent pair came from the DC bike show. They inject your ear with silicone to custom form them. The right is marked so know which is which. They were about $65. I can't say I've used them enough but the initial feel is that they're MUCH more comfortable.

The sound reduction is like you put your fingers in your ears. They seem easy to clean too. Bonus: They come in a little plastic case like a small retainer case for storage.
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

March 1, 2007, 10:36 AM

I was actually looking at these.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/almonasomoea.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95