DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 579
2 members and 577 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
MSF Student

June 20, 2003, 01:45 PM

Has anybody on the board had any bad experience from ordering parts from FastLanes?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cees72 Send a message via MSN to cees72  
Unread
  (#2)
MSF Student

June 20, 2003, 01:52 PM

Thats what I thought! They have always been very cool to me, but this time I ordered my rear sprocket for a 520 conversion about a month ago. Everytime I call the only thing they say that it will be in soon. Again, I have not said anything because I have not had a problem with them in the past. Just wondering
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to cees72 Send a message via MSN to cees72  
Unread
  (#3)
boxing twins

June 20, 2003, 02:02 PM

If memory serves, I think Woody has been waiting weeks for some parts from FastLane. I don't know the specifics though. Rick's the owner and a good guy. Talk to him.

-- Chris
BMW R1100s
(previous rides: '82 KTM250, '95 CBR600F3, '98 Buell S3T, 2000 Hayabusa, 2008 R1200R)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hayabusafiend  
Unread
  (#4)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

June 20, 2003, 02:10 PM

EVERY dealer i have ever gone to has done that to me...
ALL of them about one thing or another...they all have people they get their crap from and if it's delayed by them, there isn't much the shop can do but wait for it just like you...

The few times i have gone to Fast Lanes, they have been great, helpful and good speedy service

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#5)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 20, 2003, 02:10 PM

:scared2: oopbanana: :lurking:

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 20, 2003, 02:51 PM

Quote:
EVERY dealer i have ever gone to has done that to me...
ALL of them about one thing or another...they all have people they get their crap from and if it's delayed by them, there isn't much the shop can do but wait for it just like you...
This is very good statement, you really can't blame the shop because MOST of the time its the supplier that takes forever, especially if its LP. I've been waiting 2+ months for flush mounts that I ordered through Ellicott City Motorsports, ordered them on April 6, I think? I'm starting to get flustered evertime I look at my bulky a$$ front signals! :mad2:

"A woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one! But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!"

<font color="#800000">- Homer Simpson
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

June 20, 2003, 02:59 PM

They quoted me $300-350 for R6 8K mile service. They made it sounds like a deal, saying that Kawasakis' service costs twice that amount.

Most other shops charge 180-200+parts for the R6 service.

This has been my one and only experience with Fast Lane Cycles and it will probably be the last. I got the impression that they thrive on buyer ignorance and won't hesitate to overcharge you on things...

Well... let me reprase that... I plan to go to the HP shootout, but that's it...
Unread
  (#8)
MSF Student

June 20, 2003, 03:24 PM

I think they ordered my part thru LP. They have been nice about it, so I am not blaming them, plus other experiences I have had thru them have been great. I am just dying for that part to get in, .
Unread
  (#9)
MSF Student

June 20, 2003, 05:18 PM

Rick is a great guy to deal with, be patient and talk to him, he will give you the straight scoop on whats taking so long.

I work a lot of hours and find it hard to make it to any shops during their normal business hours, so I rely on mail order for most things, most of them stock quite a bit. Here is a list of ones that I have had great luck with.

www.kneedraggers.com
www.parts411.com
www.tobefast.com
www.ema-usa.com
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Buster_Bennett  
Unread
  (#10)
WPNR

July 11, 2003, 11:22 AM

No never had a problem with the shop. I find all the staff very helpful. Whenever i walk in I receive a warm down home welcome. This guys really know what they are talking about. I will continue to buy the bulk of my stuff at Fastlane.

-------------------------------------------------------------
ME!!!
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...2_Yamahar6.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Phife  
Unread
  (#11)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 16, 2003, 06:12 PM

I had a rear tire put on by them and thought I recieved crappy service. I called first, they said come on over, went to the store and waited for over an hour before they began to work on it. Frustrating, but hell, I am one of those ignorant buyers...

I gave them another chance though, and after several fauiled attempts at purchasing boots over the net, ordered a pair fropm them. I know I could have saved $$ elsewhere, but I was fed up with hollow promises on a computer screen... :mad2:

Hugh
Unread
  (#12)
AMA Superbike Champ

July 22, 2003, 06:49 PM

yet another bad visit to Fastlanes. Highly disapointed...
Unread
  (#13)
Fuzz Runna

July 27, 2003, 04:27 AM

awww..guys, where's the luv

Sometimes in order to live, you must first be willing to die....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ND4SPD Send a message via AIM to ND4SPD  
Unread
  (#14)
BOOOORING

August 17, 2003, 04:29 AM

I will be honest as possible..... Rick is a GREAT guy and a wonderful person. I completely trust Rick and would go there but.............

There is a lot less that can be said about the people he hires and what goes on there. It is a shame that his staff has dragging his companys' name thru the dirt, cause they have. There is some shaddy stuff that used to go on there, not sure if Rick has cleaned house yet. I don't want to go into detail becuase of my respect for Rick. I would take my bike there ONLY if Rick worked on it, no one else. Best option is.... only deal with Rick if you need parts. I have sponsorships and have to order thru them, but I have not had any issues with parts from them, but I only get what is in stock

Cornerspeed Riders School & Cornerspin School-"Roadracing in the Dirt"