DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
1 members and 543 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Feedback on SIDI Vertigo Corsas
Unread
  (#1)
Your Ad Here

Feedback on SIDI Vertigo Corsas - September 15, 2010, 06:18 AM

Got a line on a moderately used pair in sz44.

I wear a 10.5/11 in shoe/sneakers but which should correspond to a Euro 45, but my Teknics are 44 as well so go figure.

Anyone have any feedback on them?

I'm reading the soles wear through pretty quick so don't expect to walk around in them much, but they can be re-soled.

Also, I don't see the Corsas on Sidi's website anymore and the Veritgo model doesn't use the fore-foot buckle any longer. I don't know if it's a good sign or bad sign.

Thx

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 15, 2010, 06:57 AM

Since this is motorcycle related I will answer. Don't get them they will be to tight. You need 45 in Sidi's. Unless you think they are a steal then take out the liner and have them stretched a bit from a boot repair place. This is what I did cause my feet are one size off from each other.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 15, 2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
Since this is motorcycle related I will answer. Don't get them they will be to tight. You need 45 in Sidi's. Unless you think they are a steal then take out the liner and have them stretched a bit from a boot repair place. This is what I did cause my feet are one size off from each other.

Shrek in your bloodline? lol...j/k

Yeah Sidi's run small. Heard they make a great boot with lots of REPLACEMENT parts...

I bought Alpinestars b/c of better fit on me....and I got to thinking with all those replacement parts and gadets it makes it easier for stuff to break....like it seemed fragile...knowing how in a hurry i'd probably pull the wrong tab here or there the wrong way. A*'s were more of a clean flush look...plus I wanted something that laced up.

I'd PASS.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#4)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 15, 2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Shrek in your bloodline? lol...j/k

Yeah Sidi's run small. Heard they make a great boot with lots of REPLACEMENT parts...

I bought Alpinestars b/c of better fit on me....and I got to thinking with all those replacement parts and gadets it makes it easier for stuff to break....like it seemed fragile...knowing how in a hurry i'd probably pull the wrong tab here or there the wrong way. A*'s were more of a clean flush look...plus I wanted something that laced up.

I'd PASS.
Yea somehow I would not listen to you on gear. I have 6 sets of Sidi's. One pair with only 1 screw coming out after about 20,000 miles of street use and about 30 hours of indoor racing use. All the rest are still going strong with ZERO problems. There is a reason for all the adjustments and parts. The boots last and they can take a beating. Don't tell someone about something you know NOTHING about!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#5)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 15, 2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Yea somehow I would not listen to you on gear. I have 6 sets of Sidi's. One pair with only 1 screw coming out after about 20,000 miles of street use and about 30 hours of indoor racing use. All the rest are still going strong with ZERO problems. There is a reason for all the adjustments and parts. The boots last and they can take a beating. Don't tell someone about something you know NOTHING about!

having a rough morning? I see nothing wrong with what I said...you shouldn't either.

It was strictly my thoughts on the boot... I didn't tell him not to buy them...my conclusion is that I would pass. It wasn't to influence him either way to buy or not buy...

I told him my thought process when I bought boots. It's his decision to follow or not follow. While you have many, many, many years of gear and riding experience over me and you could be stating more facts over opinion it doesn't automatically make it the end all say all or even disband me from my commentary....

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#6)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
having a rough morning? I see nothing wrong with what I said...you shouldn't either.

It was strictly my thoughts on the boot... I didn't tell him not to buy them...my conclusion is that I would pass. It wasn't to influence him either way to buy or not buy...

I told him my thought process when I bought boots. It's his decision to follow or not follow. While you have many, many, many years of gear and riding experience over me and you could be stating more facts over opinion it doesn't automatically make it the end all say all or even disband me from my commentary....
Your statement however and assumption is wrong no matter how you came up with it... The replacement parts are because they are locations that get "worn" not broken and instead of having to buy another pair you can just replace those parts. SIDI is probably the top manufacturer in boots and while I like them alot I do have to agree I need a 45 and why I went with Alpinestars also...

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train
religion is just a misspelling of superstition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Once again I forgive you for your self-righteousness, bigotry and prejudice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOF...embedded#at=36
http://www.bachbio.com/gunsavelives.htm
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 15, 2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
Your statement however and assumption is wrong no matter how you came up with it... The replacement parts are because they are locations that get "worn" not broken and instead of having to buy another pair you can just replace those parts. SIDI is probably the top manufacturer in boots and while I like them alot I do have to agree I need a 45 and why I went with Alpinestars also...

lol....you obviosuly don't know me too well....

Anything that has the slightest potential to break can and will....anything that is proven to be sound....will still break.

I know how I am with things...I didn't buy them b/c I could see myself in my haste pulling and turning something the wrong way and boom....pop...and snaps....ordering new parts...for a boot.

Alpinestars pull a string, zip a zipper, buckle a plastic ratchet...done. No wincing of a rubber band on my foot with a turn key type mechinism etc.

lol...funny that you're telling me that I'm wrong on my own feeling about something. ITS MY FEELING. it could be dead on or dead off...but it's mine. there is no right and wrong.

That's like asking me how I feel today..."I feel frushtrated"....oh well you're wrong about that b/c the only reason blah blah blahl....lol. HOw did the burger taste to you? GREAT...well NO you're wrong. it was horrible, it tasted terrible. How does the weather feel? AWESOME, it's snowing and sub zero...WHAT, well I'm from Florida so this weather sucks......

get my point.

Unread
  (#8)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:

Anything that has the slightest potential to break can and will....anything that is proven to be sound....will still break.

I know how I am with things...I didn't buy them b/c I could see myself in my haste pulling and turning something the wrong way and boom....pop...and snaps....ordering new parts...for a boot.

Alpinestars pull a string, zip a zipper, buckle a plastic ratchet...done. No wincing of a rubber band on my foot with a turn key type mechinism etc.

lol...funny that you're telling me that I'm wrong on my own feeling about something. ITS MY FEELING. it could be dead on or dead off...but it's mine. there is no right and wrong.

That's like asking me how I feel today..."I feel frushtrated"....oh well you're wrong about that b/c the only reason blah blah blahl....lol. HOw did the burger taste to you? GREAT...well NO you're wrong. it was horrible, it tasted terrible. How does the weather feel? AWESOME, it's snowing and sub zero...WHAT, well I'm from Florida so this weather sucks......

get my point.
I've seen pics of you and know you are freaking huge. My statement still stands SIDI's are tough products and they are probably better than the alpines you have. Your feelings may be your feelings but when it comes to the reality of a product you have never owned they are assumptions and in this case I have to say, wrong sorry!
I have the Alpinestars S-MX Plus Racing Boots with the string and snaps...

If you feel it is cold but infact it is hot and you have a sun burn ur wrong dude!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
I'll also thank them for proving that you don't need the force to get a woman to make you a sammich.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#9)
Ling Long

September 15, 2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:

get my point.
If you really think you could pull the wrong thing and break it on the Corsa's... you are very ignorant my friend.

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#10)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 15, 2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2sport View Post
If you feel it is cold but infact it is hot and you have a sun burn ur wrong dude!

Prove it.

You can't prove to me or anyone a feeling that they feel is wrong. Period.

I could have all the damn sunburn in the world but if I feel cold then that's just it....I'm freakin cold.

I mean think about it. We live in relativity...how can two people be in the SAME room set to a certain temperature and one person be cold enough to put on a sweater and another person be hot enough to take theirs off?

It's not wrong one way or the other. The set temperature is a fact....it being hot or cold is a feeling that you can't set a right or wrong to it.

Unread
  (#11)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Prove it.

You can't prove to me or anyone a feeling that they feel is wrong. Period.

I could have all the damn sunburn in the world but if I feel cold then that's just it....I'm freakin cold.

I mean think about it. We live in relativity...how can two people be in the SAME room set to a certain temperature and one person be cold enough to put on a sweater and another person be hot enough to take theirs off?

It's not wrong one way or the other. The set temperature is a fact....it being hot or cold is a feeling that you can't set a right or wrong to it.
You're cold, its not cold... In my above example you could have a sunburn and it be 80 degrees outside and you "feel" cold but no one in their "right" mind is going to say 80 degrees is cold, you are cold... A feeling which in fact not how most would "feel" and you do only because of ur burn.
You think the boots are weak, reality is they aren't!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by n2sport; September 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM..
Unread
  (#12)
Nubbs ban yourself!

September 15, 2010, 10:15 AM

PS I am only in this thread because a false statement about a product is being made based on someones opinion. I don't mean to be crapping on his sale thread!

To punish and enslave!
2003 GSXR1K
2008 HD Night Train

Quote:
Quote:
-Benjamin Franklin
Unread
  (#13)
Your Ad Here

September 15, 2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I sort of have the same problem. My left foot is a bit bigger than my right. I'll have to note this. Not really a steal - $200 - but he may negotiate to a price that is.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#14)
T.R.I.T.D.H

September 15, 2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMatt View Post
If you really think you could pull the wrong thing and break it on the Corsa's... you are very ignorant my friend.

Lick my nutts.

now that' is ignorant.

I passed on boots b/c of my initial perception. Do I really believe that they would break the instant i'd put them on....no. I know Sidi is a highly regarded brand in our hobby/passion. I stated what I thought at my time of purchase of my alpinestars. Did I want to deal with a whole bunch of strings snaps and gadgets and rubber bands...no.

I'm typing and feel like you're making double use of the word ignorant here....

A) Ignorant in the sense of not knowledgable about a certain products durability...okay I can take that. didn't know as much about Sidi when I was buying boots as I know now 1.5/2 years ago when I bought boots.

B) Ignorant in the fact that I'm being stupid b/c I didn't buy sidi's based on MY thought process...you can't convince me that my feeling was wrong. It was mine not yours. why try?

Unread
  (#15)
Parkin lot pimpin'

September 15, 2010, 10:24 AM

200 doesn't really sound like a great deal to me. if thats his best price I'd rather do these.

Sidi Closeout Vortice Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough

2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R - back at it again
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (636) Lots o' Mods - SOLD

2013 Ford F-150 Ecoboost (Toy Haulin)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EndoSJ3