DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 633
4 members and 629 guests
car54, davidcycle, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
gear review: EXHALE technology gloves by 180s
Unread
  (#1)
TPG - screw face

gear review: EXHALE technology gloves by 180s - December 15, 2008, 09:04 AM

i know most of you on here have no problem spending $300 on gloves lol...but for those that don't / can't - these are AWESOME.

when i buy gloves...i try them on and fit my mouth around the fingertips and blow...if my finger warms up...i don't purchse them...even if they say "windproof" I also check stitching.

lo and behold...where do I find THE most awesome gloves??? Jammed in the back on the rack at freakin Ross in Sterling...near Don Pablos.

$11.99

The Exhale technology is a small air hole that sits on the top of your hand...covered by a magnetic flap. Simply open the flap and breathe into the hole...cold air is pushed out...hot air is pushed in. If you do this with the glove off...you can literally watch the glove swell up with air.

Obviously you can't do this while riding if you have a helmet on, but it's not needed as they are the real first windproof gloves I've had that say windproof and actually are windproof....but these gloves can also be used as normal everyday gloves, skiing, hiking, etc etc.

Now, eventhough there isn't any protection (kevlar or CE plastic) in these gloves...they nylon material and rubber material that covers the ENTIRE inside of the hand INCLUDING fingertips is very sturdy.

I wore these gloves this morning...and was sweating in them...good thing for the 40 grain thinsulate and wick material on the inside.

The wrist can be sinched by a drawstring...they are gauntlet style gloves. If you do feel your hand getting cool...just pump your fist a few times...out goes the cold. The flap is on the glove to the left in the pic..where it says EXHALE.

Oh..and they are waterproof.

Last edited by Oneway; December 15, 2008 at 09:06 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
T.R.I.T.D.H

December 15, 2008, 11:08 AM

Just to put into perspective...

What temp? and How long? did you ride wearing these gloves...

I wore a pair of snowboarding gloves for about 25mins in 28 degrees...they held up well until just at 20 mins and the got to my finger tips. And this was with thermal glove liners underneath.

I REALLY need a pair of nice cold weather gloves and but I'm not ready to spring for heated gloves/grips...

I think if you told how long you rode and what temp? That would help people judge how well the gloves work...

btw...good tip on seeing how well a glove is constructed at the begin of your post....

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#3)
Owner & Creator

December 15, 2008, 11:19 AM

I rather freeze my hands than to wear snowboard/ski gloves. You wreck those gloves will not do anything for your hands.
Unread
  (#4)
SMB
sans motor bike

December 15, 2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
fit my mouth around the fingertips and blow...

I dip my chicken strips in Chik-fil-a sauce
Unread
  (#5)
TPG - screw face

December 15, 2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
Just to put into perspective...

What temp? and How long? did you ride wearing these gloves...

I wore a pair of snowboarding gloves for about 25mins in 28 degrees...they held up well until just at 20 mins and the got to my finger tips. And this was with thermal glove liners underneath.

I REALLY need a pair of nice cold weather gloves and but I'm not ready to spring for heated gloves/grips...

I think if you told how long you rode and what temp? That would help people judge how well the gloves work...

btw...good tip on seeing how well a glove is constructed at the begin of your post....
i didn't have my bike back yet when i purchased them...so I put them on in the passenger seat of my x's car and stuck my hand out of the window...got up to about 45-50 mph for about 15 minutes....(stop and go traffic) - hands still felt great

This was Friday night around 7-8pm...i think the temp was around 27-35 degrees...?

That's why i like these...cuz the rubber grip stuff that is on the palm...isn't just on the palm...it extends onto each finger AND goes up and over the fingertips....that's what sold me....

....hahah shut up SMB...that's the only way i can simulate riding in the wind lol...

here is a review i found on gizmag.com about the gloves...clip the image gallery and you can see the leather/rubber palm that extends on the fingers and fingertips. http://www.gizmag.com/go/3464/

they retail from $35-60....but check out your local Kohls, Ross, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat Factory first...

Last edited by Oneway; December 15, 2008 at 11:50 AM..
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

December 15, 2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
I rather freeze my hands than to wear snowboard/ski gloves. You wreck those gloves will not do anything for your hands.
Exacer-ry/

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
T.R.I.T.D.H

December 15, 2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:

maybe buy them big enough to fit over a pair of leathers...???

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#8)
Typical Stripper

December 15, 2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
maybe buy them big enough to fit over a pair of leathers...???
[Out the window] Dexterity [/out the window]

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
Owner & Creator

December 15, 2008, 02:09 PM

If you can't afford real gloves, you shouldn't be riding or own a bike.

Unread
  (#10)
TPG - screw face

December 15, 2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
If you can't afford real gloves, you shouldn't be riding or own a bike.

hahaha...i did ride bare knuckled on Sunday...forgot the damn gloves..go figure...

but i think these gloves will hold up just fine in a snow/ice topple over, they are plenty thick..and actually do have a very small bit of padding on the top...not for you though...i've seen u rail in the snow on dirt roads while doin a high chair in the sleet dodging deer on one wheel....so u need real gloves.
Unread
  (#11)
Owner & Creator

December 15, 2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
hahaha...i did ride bare knuckled on Sunday...forgot the damn gloves..go figure...

but i think these gloves will hold up just fine in a snow/ice topple over, they are plenty thick..and actually do have a very small bit of padding on the top...not for you though...i've seen u rail in the snow on dirt roads while doin a high chair in the sleet dodging deer on one wheel....so u need real gloves.
Stop posting what i do, we have LEO's on this board