DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 620
2 members and 618 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

March 10, 2003, 01:09 PM

Any help would be appreciated. I am a tall rider (between 6'4" amd 6'5") and I am looking for a good jacket with armor and all. ANyone have any suggestions? I am NOT looking for those parka like jackets that go down past your waist. I would prefer to get a heavy leather rather than synthetic but all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

JP
--------------------------------------------------------------
98 Honda CBR 1100XX
Leesburg, Virginia

If I wasn't crazy before I definitely am now !

:eyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to ADDA2D Send a message via AIM to ADDA2D Send a message via MSN to ADDA2D  
Unread
  (#2)
Signed up for Track Days!

March 11, 2003, 02:17 PM

Hey ADDA2D,
Sounds like your about an inch taller than me (I'm between 6'3" and 6'4") Right now I only have one riding jacket, and it's a mesh summer jacket, but it fits really well. It's a Fieldsheer Sonic Air. Not sure of your weight....that will come into play as well. But the Fieldsheer jackets seem to be cut for riders on the taller side. They have some decent leather jackets that you may want to take a look at. The newer Fieldsheer stuff seems to be of great quality. CE armor in the shoulders elbows and back. Another brand you probaby want to look at is First Gear. They sell long versions of their jackets, and should carry something that will fit you. Finally, I know that some of the Gericke jackets can be ordered in a long version for taller riders. Good luck, and let us know what you end up with. The taller guys will appreciate your findings

I refuse to tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

March 11, 2003, 11:19 PM

I'm 6'7" and the only jackets that i can find in a store that fit are Joe Rockets. Not all of them but a few( Phoenix,Reactor and the Blaster ) they make all of these in a XXXL.
Also you check Hein Gericke they make some in talls that are a little stylest like the Speed Hump.

I hope this helps

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R.I.P. Vega
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Addicted to farm animals

March 13, 2003, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Hey ADDA2D,
Sounds like your about an inch taller than me (I'm between 6'3" and 6'4") Right now I only have one riding jacket, and it's a mesh summer jacket, but it fits really well. It's a Fieldsheer Sonic Air. Not sure of your weight....that will come into play as well. But the Fieldsheer jackets seem to be cut for riders on the taller side. They have some decent leather jackets that you may want to take a look at. The newer Fieldsheer stuff seems to be of great quality. CE armor in the shoulders elbows and back. Another brand you probaby want to look at is First Gear. They sell long versions of their jackets, and should carry something that will fit you. Finally, I know that some of the Gericke jackets can be ordered in a long version for taller riders. Good luck, and let us know what you end up with. The taller guys will appreciate your findings

I am 6'3" and my Fieldsheer fits very good. I like the style and feel too.

Ride Hard or Put it Away. Trickn is life.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to TricknR1  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

March 23, 2003, 07:33 PM

Hey bro I am 6'5" and found that the Joe Rocket stuff is probably the best!! But that is just my opinion!

People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
2004 R1
2002 CBR954RR
2002 CR250R
1991 KX500
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YUSOSLO Send a message via MSN to YUSOSLO  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Racer

March 24, 2003, 03:47 AM

Quote:
But that is just my opinion!
yes, but,..........

you wear a WIG! :o

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not
only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public.” -Theodore Roosevelt