DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 199
4 members and 195 guests
Nobrains, Sal_the_man, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Hazardous racing one piece leather suits
Unread
  (#1)
fruta fresca

Hazardous racing one piece leather suits - December 4, 2012, 02:31 PM

Anybody own a Hazardous Racing suit or crash tested one? If so, how do they hold up? I've been looking at their site, and so far I like their options more than other brands/sites. I'm interested in getting a custom one piece. Couldn't find much in the way of reviews on the net.

"no me olvides que yo no te olvidare"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
fruta fresca

December 4, 2012, 02:46 PM

somebody recommended them on another forum - just trying to find somebody I know that may own one

"no me olvides que yo no te olvidare"
Unread
  (#4)
ELBOWZ

December 4, 2012, 04:12 PM

I have seen them in person, do not own one. They seem like they will do the trick but it depends on what you're looking for out of a suit. An affordable option? or a top quality piece that usually is more expensive?

"you get what you pay for" is usually a good rule of thumb. I wouldn't shy away from them but I wouldn't say that they are top of the line at a fraction of the price either.

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#5)
No more 1050 :(

December 4, 2012, 05:41 PM

Made in Pakistan? If so, there's a good chance they are made in the same shop as other branded leathers.
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

December 6, 2012, 01:17 AM

Yup, it's probably just another dude running his 'company' from his parent's basement after he found a leather dropshipper on Alibaba/whatever.

They all say they provide "custom" leathers that are made to very specific instructions, with their expert oversight and quality control... blah... blah... blah...

But go ahead and ask them for pics from the factory where they are making these leathers and see what they say. These resellers have never been to Pakistan, not to mention "their factory" supplier.

BTW, there were several cases of people posting their post-crash pics of these custom leathers and they had _major_ damage and in at least 2 cases I saw, they literally disintegrated into pieces. Quality will be highly variable and you just never know. You might get a decent suit, or you might get junk that falls apart the second it hits pavement.

Now... In theory there can be good leathers coming out of Pakistan. Pakistan is known for their garments and leather goods. If Alpinestars made their suits in Pakistan I would have zero reservations because Alpinestars would actually have someone overseeing everything on the ground in that factory and everything would be kosher. But these resellers don't do much of anything. They just claim that they do after sending "instructions" and telling the factory to incorporate some changes and modifications (which the company may or may not do, depending on how easy it is to get away with not doing it).
Unread
  (#7)
No more 1050 :(

December 6, 2012, 05:24 AM

I meant nothing bad by the Pakistan inquiry. Where a product is made means nothing as far as quality goes. LOTS of leather goods come out of there. A company's QC is only as effective as they make it.

I too have seen the results of cheapo suits disintegrating. That wouldn't stop me from giving this guy a chance.

Pretty sure A* does get goods from Pakistan. In theory my ass. What I meant by the previous comment was: there's a chance that the same guy/ gal who is stitching this suit is also stitching up A*, Spartan, Heroic? (Not sure where they're made..), etc and whatnot
Unread
  (#8)
ELBOWZ

December 6, 2012, 05:31 AM

I have experience with HEROIC and AStar as well as have seen with my own hands the Hazardois stuff. NOT the same quality IMO. They ALL are made in Pakistan.

Example: cars made out of the same plant are not all made with the same quality. They all have lower end to high end. You get what you pay for.

CCS #720 Expert
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
James
Unread
  (#9)
Officially Addicted to Posting

December 6, 2012, 05:32 AM

I would go for a used name brand before buying something you cant see first hand. I bought my S&S suit a few years ago before they were a common name and the only reason i went with it was because I could see it in person and check the stitching.

"I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." -MG James Mattis, Iraq 2003

Ruining .net one post at a time
Unread
  (#10)
to be continued......

December 6, 2012, 08:48 AM

Sara id go with Heroic.. I do know the owners of both companies but know for a fact Todd McNabney if something happens to your leathers you can send em back he will sew em fix em right back up for you.. he also goes to alot of the tracks and will fix whomever leathers needs to be fixing. I have his cell # if you want it..

Marrc Safety Crew
http://www.marrc.org/
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Unread
  (#11)
ELBOWZ

December 6, 2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newgirlie View Post
Sara id go with Heroic.. I do know the owners of both companies but know for a fact Todd McNabney if something happens to your leathers you can send em back he will sew em fix em right back up for you.. he also goes to alot of the tracks and will fix whomever leathers needs to be fixing. I have his cell # if you want it..

THIS! He has the best track side service in the industry.

CCS #720 Expert
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
James
Unread
  (#12)
to be continued......

December 6, 2012, 09:00 AM

Yes he does.. I dont think ive seen anyone else except Lizzy Leathers track side..

Marrc Safety Crew
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Newgirlie Send a message via AIM to Newgirlie  
Unread
  (#13)
Suddenly Superstitious!!!

December 6, 2012, 09:09 AM

Barnacle Bill has been doing trackside I believe.

I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....Chileeeeee's bay back...
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MudDawg  
Unread
  (#14)
to be continued......

December 6, 2012, 09:12 AM

Dont remember seeing that person at all..

Marrc Safety Crew
Unread
  (#15)
RawkStar

December 6, 2012, 10:06 PM

As far as I know of I have heard decent things about Hazardous. I know the guy is usually at Track Tactics events. There are a few people that have his stuff on the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrackdayJunkies/