DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 179
5 members and 174 guests
2blueyam, gvr4wd, Sal_the_man, Slider, tpadden
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Helmet cams?
Unread
  (#1)
no one's blowing up moons

Helmet cams? - June 18, 2012, 08:32 PM

Do you/have you owned used a Drift camera? Will you tell me how it works(ed) for you? Do you feel the product is worth the cost?

I have a Contour HD1080P that is about 10 months old. It had issues since the day I got it. After making certain it showed as ON it would record intermittently (or not at all) without the settings/buttons having been touched. The catch to hold in the battery snapped in half and soon after that came off completely. Now it's finally stopped charging/working at all.

My main reason for a camera is to document any problems I might have on the bike so I record every ride but I don't keep the footage if there wasn't any problem. What matters to me most is recording time as I do some day long rides fairly often. I'm looking around at other cameras and noticed that the Drift has an accessory battery pack that can extend recording time up to 20 hrs but it also has a hefty price tag.

The Contour price was a lot for a camera that worked for less than a year so I'm trying to not do that again.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider View Post
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250XK9 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel CMX - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/

Last edited by lam@dcsf; June 18, 2012 at 08:35 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Playing in the dirt

June 19, 2012, 06:58 AM

Other than my contour having serious dust sealing issues with the lens cover it's worked.

Any interest in selling your non working camera? I wouldn't mind having some spare parts.

KTMs and Yamahas
Unread
  (#3)
Mojito Anyone?

June 19, 2012, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
Do you/have you owned used a Drift camera? Will you tell me how it works(ed) for you? Do you feel the product is worth the cost?

I have a Contour HD1080P that is about 10 months old. It had issues since the day I got it. After making certain it showed as ON it would record intermittently (or not at all) without the settings/buttons having been touched. The catch to hold in the battery snapped in half and soon after that came off completely. Now it's finally stopped charging/working at all.

My main reason for a camera is to document any problems I might have on the bike so I record every ride but I don't keep the footage if there wasn't any problem. What matters to me most is recording time as I do some day long rides fairly often. I'm looking around at other cameras and noticed that the Drift has an accessory battery pack that can extend recording time up to 20 hrs but it also has a hefty price tag.

The Contour price was a lot for a camera that worked for less than a year so I'm trying to not do that again.
why dont you send it back to contour for warranty repair???

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#4)

June 19, 2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onel0wcubn View Post
why dont you send it back to contour for warranty repair???
That would have to be didn't, not don't. The warrenty period is 180 days.

The camera was a gift from my family, bought awhile before it was given to me and a warranty dates from the sale. By the time I emailed Contour I was out of that and emailing them just resulted in them telling me I wasn't using it right.

I did email them last week telling them what the problems I had were, that I would never buy another Contour product and that I was cc'ing all my regular vendors on that email. That got me an offer for a Contour Roam at discount.

If anyone wants a Roam for about 150. then pm me. I don't think their offer was much better than can be done by shopping around though.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam! . . . . . . Because the D-K Effect is an STD .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Quote:
This is what happens when weak minded adults allow children to make decisions. You get stupid shit like this.
unintentional accidental

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3
2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz

Unread
  (#5)
Mojito Anyone?

June 19, 2012, 08:46 AM

damn not even a year warranty.. that sucks..

thats why gopro always wins in my book.. by far the best warranty and customer support

ay ya yay
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onel0wcubn Send a message via AIM to onel0wcubn  
Unread
  (#6)

June 19, 2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar944 View Post
Other than my contour having serious dust sealing issues with the lens cover it's worked.

Any interest in selling your non working camera? I wouldn't mind having some spare parts.
I have a friend that works with electronics. I'm going to ask him to take a look at it when he's back in town. If he can get it to work I may use it as a dash cam or something.

If he can't then I will probably post the parts (batteries, charge cable etc.) and see if anyone wants them.

Physics always wins

Quote:
unintentional accidental

2013 Suzuki TU250XL3