DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 190
1 members and 189 guests
MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

June 14, 2004, 03:54 PM

color
yeah, it's a newb thing

the question is, is it cool to get a helmet that matches, or not? is matching squidly? or does it not matter? or is matching a definite must?

lol, dumb question, but i had to ask.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Igrado Send a message via AIM to Igrado Send a message via MSN to Igrado  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 14, 2004, 04:01 PM

I like all black gear. That way you never have to worry about it not matching your bike.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#3)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 14, 2004, 04:53 PM

You need to add 'Custom Painted' to the poll.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
Happiness Consultant

June 14, 2004, 05:45 PM

I have all black gear so u dont have to worry about color matching anything just like the man, the myth, the legend Brooks says....

but my helmet usually has blue in it since that is my favorite color. thus matching my blue bike.

if you want to talk color matching...talk to Sportbike2, I don't think the Power Rangers can color match as well as him

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

June 14, 2004, 06:01 PM

to late to add custom paint. i think you can't edit after someone votes. anyway, i'm to poor to afford custom painting :$
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Igrado Send a message via AIM to Igrado Send a message via MSN to Igrado  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 14, 2004, 10:39 PM

The most important thing to remember is to have your woman wear matching gear while on the back! It's called style... yeah thats it.

KatRider
Katana 600 '99
Ashburn
Unread
  (#7)
Groundhogs can play dead

June 15, 2004, 08:08 AM

My bike and my helmet are both silver, but only because silver is my favorite color. Also, seeing as I am female, that's cool to me, and I'd probably only buy another silver helmet...
However, if someone gave me a free Arai that happened to be ... hot pink... ?? I'd wear it. (or I'd spray paint it!)

Tanya
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Pleased to meet me

June 15, 2004, 08:13 AM

I'm in all black (Vanson, Aerostich, Arai) but it's not the safest. Hi Vis yellow is best.
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

June 15, 2004, 09:13 AM

I like to match. My bike, jacket and helmet are Red, White and Black. All match. My Shoei helmet paint scheme is the same design as my R6. A bit custom.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to RichieRichR6  
Unread
  (#10)
MSF Student

June 15, 2004, 10:34 AM

I have 3 helmets to match my bikes. For the track everything matches, bike, suit, boots except the helmet -- I thought it was a bit too much.

It drives me crazy non-matching gear
Unread
  (#11)
Railing!

June 15, 2004, 10:40 AM

i do the all-black thing so that i match whatever i'm riding

Tara
98 gsxr 750 - track
08 gsxr 750 - street
I must not fear ~ Fear is the mind killer
I will face my fear ~ I will let it pass through me
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing....
only I will remain
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

June 15, 2004, 03:19 PM

yo, thanks for the replies. sounds like matching wins out, then black (but the poll says matching, then doesn't matter)
anyway, i'm going to try for matching first (red and black), then striaght black if i have too.

anyone know how much this helmet is worth? the guy i got it from (with the bike) said it was a replica of a racers, so i'm guessing it's worth quite a bit. I may sell it to get one to match my bike and equip. here's the description.

-main color is yellow, on the front, right above the face shield it has some sort of orange creatures face with 46 on his forhead, and right above that is says agv right under a 3 color banner, gree, white, red. then there are wide lightning-bolts that fade from red to pink. on the back it's a crescent moon-face, and the moon-face has a nose ring.

- label on teh back says s(?)nell M2000, and then DOT of course)
- three vents that you can open, one right under the faceplate, and two on the orange creature.
- seems to be in perfect condition
- size medium
- manufactured 03/03
- batch 11

anyway, i figure someone over here will know what famous racer this is, but i'm out of the loop yet. no cable, so i haven't watched any motogp or anything yet (ever, really) thanks for the help. I'll post pics of it if i can.
Unread
  (#13)
Happiness Consultant

June 15, 2004, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igrado
-main color is yellow, on the front, right above the face shield it has some sort of orange creatures face with 46 on his forhead, and right above that is says agv right under a 3 color banner, gree, white, red. then there are wide lightning-bolts that fade from red to pink. on the back it's a crescent moon-face, and the moon-face has a nose ring.

- label on teh back says s(?)nell M2000, and then DOT of course)
- three vents that you can open, one right under the faceplate, and two on the orange creature.
- seems to be in perfect condition
- size medium
- manufactured 03/03
- batch 11
#46 is Valentino Rossi. He's only the MotoGP reigning champion and boomchic00's favorite racer

I believe Sportbike2 has that same hat, send him a PM he could give you feedback. Chico luvs Rossi almost as much as Sportbike2 and boom so he might have some news for you too.

word

DBR
#135, #47, Vega
--
"Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself." - Confucius

Will pay to see this
whatever henry's name is these days: jason, seriously, im going to kick your face in when I get back
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to EduardoSuave  
Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

June 16, 2004, 03:30 PM

found it I think

http://www.kneedraggers.com/index.ph...32-AGV-03XR2R5

http://helmetharbor.com/estore/produ...GV+XR-2+Helmet (the one on the right)

Mine is basically the same as these two pics. i bit different, but maybe it's 2003 and those pics are 2004? i dunno. anyway, it retails at $350. I may be trying to sell it, but I'll ask the guy i got it from if he wants to buy it back first

thanks for the help ED!
Unread
  (#15)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 16, 2004, 03:39 PM

Late to the party again, as usual. In my opinion, matching takes second (or third) place to safety and comfort. I bought a non-matching helmet for my first bike because I got a great deal on a better quality helmet. Same deal for my boots (well, not technically the same since my boots match every bike ever made ). If you have a choice of color, might as well match, but if you can get better gear for less or the same price, to hell with matching.

My .02!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy