DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 640
6 members and 634 guests
2blueyam, car54, CrazyMotorcycleGuy, davidcycle, Nobrains, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
HJC FS-15
Unread
  (#1)
noise

HJC FS-15 - June 24, 2009, 10:26 PM

I've had this lid for a minute and gave it a rundown. Thoughts, NOT bad, lighter than previous HJC models and has neat features!

1st, the PINLOCK faceshield is a great invention. I have the dark insert for daytime use and is just as dark as a comparable dark tinted visor from any brand. When night falls, presto instant clear shield. Guess what, the clear shield is also anti-fog!

I thought the HJC AC12 vented better but it's been a while to compare... It does vent alright for me but then again I am used to high venting lids anyhows.

HJC helmets are sized bigger, so IMHO, you need to go down one size to get the proper fit. It comes with a chin curtain installed and a thicker neckroll to quiet things down. It has space for in helmet speakers

R1-Ryder got, I think, the nicer version called "Terror" whereas I tried the Spies replica 2. Gotta like the red, white and blue!

Chin strap is IMO a tad bit too long, kinda annoying, feels almost like when you first learned to tie your shoelaces.

If you have a SHOEI, definitely get the PINLOCK visor, very nice product.

I give this HJC model 3.5 out of 5 only because HJC needs to make the density of the liner better like SHARK, ARAI or SHOEI.

GOOD sale prices for these!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2956 (Small).JPG (63.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2958 (Small).JPG (59.4 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2959 (Small).JPG (66.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2960 (Small).JPG (58.1 KB, 50 views)

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 27, 2009, 05:06 PM

I am thinking of getting one of these. How long have you had it and do you think it will hold up for several years?
Unread
  (#3)
noise

June 28, 2009, 11:32 PM

I've had it pretty much since it came out. The lid will last but the liner will need replacement. Feels just like the older ones that doesn't hold it's firmness. I do like it and is one of my favorite lids to wear amongst all the ones I've owned and sold over the years

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#4)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

August 18, 2009, 07:22 PM

I'm thinking about buying the carbon fiber FS-15 because it's now $285 on newenough.com.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Zibba  
HJC FS 15
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

HJC FS 15 - December 2, 2009, 05:47 AM

right now i have a road rashed HJC leather jacket, and ive been looking at the icon motorhead jacket or the Alpinstar TZ1 jacket and Spinner jacket... does anyone know how HJC jackets fit in relation to icon or alpinestar?
Unread
  (#6)
noise

December 2, 2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by failtmax73 View Post
right now i have a road rashed HJC leather jacket, and ive been looking at the icon motorhead jacket or the Alpinstar TZ1 jacket and Spinner jacket... does anyone know how HJC jackets fit in relation to icon or alpinestar?
I have a HJC jacket I use for colder weather and these fit close to stated size. I like mine except for the cheap foam like so-called armor.

Unread
  (#7)
running on liquid crazy.

December 2, 2009, 07:34 AM

Just becareful of the chin curtain- I guess it's held in place by velcro? My friend has this helmet, loves it, but then somehow lost the chin curtain and cold air would pour in. He tried to call HJC to get a new one, but they basically told him to go pound sand. We were able to get him another one but I told him not to make a habit of losing it because it wasn't easy to get.

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
TPG - screw face

December 2, 2009, 08:15 AM

@ chin curtain

Unread
  (#9)
noise

December 2, 2009, 09:19 AM

The chin curtain isn't held on by velcro on this model, it snaps in between the helmet and edging trim around the base of the helmet much like the Shoei X-11's chin curtain attaches.

Unread
  (#10)
running on liquid crazy.

December 2, 2009, 10:04 AM

Well, I couldn't remember how it attached. I just know he lost it so be careful...

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to