DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 612
2 members and 610 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

June 5, 2003, 05:46 PM

Howdy,

I NEED leathers, I'm thinking a 2-piece. I already have a Fieldsheer Jacket, so does anybody have some pantst hat they want to sell, preferable Fieldsheer. Or any other make that would zip together with my jacket? I have checked all the website that people recommended ie, kneedraggers, newenough, leather exchange etc. But no luck. They're all out of my price range at the moment. I'm not looking for the best leathers out there, just some "starter-leather" I'm hoping someone here has an old pair that they want to sell. Let me know if you know anyone. Thanks.

I'm about 5'10, 36 waist. Thanks.

Rowan

Cheers

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson
"Ah, good ol' trustworthy beer. My love for you will never die." - Homer J. Simpson

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Railing!

June 7, 2003, 12:10 AM

mawonline.com has some good leathers for $250-400. not bad considering some of 'em are 1.5mm leather. I bought my AGVsport Vortex leathers for $374.00 ... actually i originally bought a JR razor suit (textile) but it just didnt feel right (the textile)..didnt give me a feeling of safety...

anyways PM me and lemme know how your search goes...rixride prolly knows some other places for cheap starter leathers..

rajmeister

97 GSX-R600
Check it out HERE
[img=265x168] http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6sewk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/DCSBN_sig.jpg[/img]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rajmeister Send a message via MSN to rajmeister  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

June 7, 2003, 03:48 PM

Thanks very much Rajmeister. I've checked out their site and they do have some good deals. I'm thinking about the AGV Modena 2-piece, they have it for $364.95. It's a good price, even AGV's website have the suggested retail price at $599.

I'll let you know what I decide. Thanks again. :thumbup:

Rowan

Cheers

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer J. Simpson
"Ah, good ol' trustworthy beer. My love for you will never die." - Homer J. Simpson

Unread
  (#4)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

June 7, 2003, 09:38 PM

I am thinking about leathers too. Not so much for protection when riding but to keep me dry when I spill drinks when I am dancing at the club. Nothing worse than wet clothes when I am out.

This is someone trying to impersonate Kim...please Ignore
Thanks

[Edited on 6/9/2003 by KatiesGSXR600m]

"I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed."
Unread
  (#5)
Signed up for Track Days!

June 8, 2003, 01:57 AM

CBR_F4i, if you're going to spend over $300 for a 2-piece why not buy the Fieldsheer Sport Air pants or Sport Pants? I got mine from kneedraggers for $209... :dunno:
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

June 9, 2003, 08:40 AM

Quote:
CBR_F4i, if you're going to spend over $300 for a 2-piece why not buy the Fieldsheer Sport Air pants or Sport Pants? I got mine from kneedraggers for $209..
That is a good idea. The only problem is that my Fieldsheer Tattoo jacket is really uncomfortable. I think it is just because I haven't worn it enough. I always wear my Rocket jacket. I think I need to wear it around the house and soften up the leather. Thanks for the advice.

Rowan

Cheers