DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 571
4 members and 567 guests
davidcycle, Deep, dubplaya, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
INFO-Icon vest back/chest protector
Unread
  (#1)
Live or just exist

Question INFO-Icon vest back/chest protector - March 17, 2008, 09:18 AM

I want to get opinions on the ICON VEST TYPE BACK PROTECTOR if anyone has one or knows about these. Are they comfortable, too bulky, good/bad articulation with movement while riding? Any recomendations? Thank You for the help.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
( * )|( * )

March 17, 2008, 09:41 AM

I have one...protection is good...I've had a number of crashes with it on....track,dirt,pavement...no problems.

It is hot on hot days and bulky but I can deal with that since it has padding on the ribs, spine, chest, collar bone.

LadyK has one and it worked well for her as well.

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#3)
Got my Permit

March 17, 2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL1264
I want to get opinions on the ICON VEST TYPE BACK PROTECTOR if anyone has one or knows about these. Are they comfortable, too bulky, good/bad articulation with movement while riding? Any recomendations? Thank You for the help.
I have one as well. It is pretty nice. The only thing I did not love was the chest protection. The stuff is pretty good, i just ordered the leg protectors to wear under some kevlar jeans. I used it under my leathers for track days and it fit pretty snug, but under a jacket I don't even notice it's on.

I just bought a Knox vest that has a huge chest protector, so I'm probably gonna sell the Icon. Let me know if you want it.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

March 17, 2008, 12:09 PM

I rock one. Went down yesterday a few times at All Sports, I'm still just a little banged up but it did its job. If your leathers are a wee bit big this will be great for you. Tighten up the chest protector too much and it sometimes restricts breathing but I like it, money well spent IMO.

A.

Gemini Motorcycles (Sterling, VA)
www.GeminiMotorcycles.com

ZX14: 222 mph
ZX12: 229.6 mph
ZX10: 202.8 mph

ZX9: 177.6 mph
ZX6R: 180.8 mph
EX650: 130.7 mph

EX300: 114.7 mph
EX250: 122.4 mph
Unread
  (#5)
Live or just exist

March 17, 2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdc
I have one as well. It is pretty nice. The only thing I did not love was the chest protection. The stuff is pretty good, i just ordered the leg protectors to wear under some kevlar jeans. I used it under my leathers for track days and it fit pretty snug, but under a jacket I don't even notice it's on.

I just bought a Knox vest that has a huge chest protector, so I'm probably gonna sell the Icon. Let me know if you want it.
Are they all one size? If so, yes I would like to buy it. I will be at summitt on the 30th of march. PM me if you are close to there and we can meet that sunday afternoon/evening.
Unread
  (#6)
Live or just exist

March 17, 2008, 12:44 PM

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INFO.