DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 550
0 members and 550 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Put yo mouth on the curb!

May 27, 2004, 09:56 AM

I'm about to start riding and have been looking for a suit of leathers for myself, I'm about 6'3"-6'4" and 155 lbs. After doing lots of searches I can't really seem to find off the shelf leathers that will fit me (most are way too big in the chest and such). I would like to know if anyone has a similar build to me and if so what off the shelf leathers you found that fit, or did you have to have custom leathers made? I'm thinking i'll probably just have to suck it up and put down the cash for a custom set, but I thought i'd ask first. Also, for those that did have a custom suit made, how long did it take?
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Nesba CR #571

May 27, 2004, 10:48 AM

I would recommend www.syedleathers.com They have a special for a custom sized one peice suit for $799. Just click on the specials icon. I do not have a set of these myself yet but plan on buying one soon. I know a few people that have the suits and they are nicely made and very well ventilated. These guys have also been down with these suits and they held up really well (much better then my Teknic). You can also send them back to them and they will fix them for a fee. At you height and weight you really need a custom suit unless you want to alot of extra leather getting in your way.
Unread
  (#3)
Signed up for Track Days!

May 27, 2004, 10:57 AM

Yep, you're going to have to go custom with those dimensions. I'm 6'3-4" 185 and most suits that are (barely) long enough for me are a bit too big around the chest and waiste. I just make do, and use a good thick back protector and they fit OK But you will be swimming in any suit that is long enough for you.
Unread
  (#4)
Put yo mouth on the curb!

May 27, 2004, 12:20 PM

Ok thanks, I've actually been looking over the syed site and will probably go with a suit from them.
Unread
  (#5)
Nesba CR #571

May 27, 2004, 12:29 PM

Ohh and just to let you know while I was looking at the site again I saw that they charge an extra $100 bucks if you are 6'3" and taller. Kind of sucks but it is still the lowest priced custom suit you are going to find.