DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 608
2 members and 606 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Richard Cranium

January 13, 2004, 08:56 AM

OK WTF.....I have a leather jacket....and to complete the safety package I recieved a pair of pants for christmas.....when talking to my dealer about such purchace, the question was...."excuse me kind sir...I own a fieldsheer jacket...as a matter of fact, its the same jacket you have on display here......will the joe rocket perf leather pants (not in stock have to be ordered) fit???" the answer was yes....so I asked so the industry all follows the same road map in making motorcycle garments...and again the answer was yes....so someone please tell me WTF??!!!! I get home after the order comes in...and return them once cause they were too small (my fault, too many extra lattes this winter) so I get them back the second time..put them on..feel great...fit perfect....only one problem.....THE F'N THINGS ZIPPER IS ASS BACKWARDS from the jacket!!!!....man im pissed....so now gotta return them to the dealer...to find out they dont carry fieldsheer at the dealer the pants were purchaced...so now its get refund, find another dealer who knows what they are talking about...and able to sell me a freaking pair of leathers that mesh up with the jacket I own.....sheesh...ok...rant over, I feel better now

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Has an idiot exemption

January 13, 2004, 09:25 PM

Just take it to a sewing shop and have the zipper reversed...

Steve
2015 Yamaha R1
2011 Harley Electra Glide Limited
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2006 Honda CRF150F
2004 Honda CRF150F Monster
2003 Honda CRF 150F Mini-monster
www.cornerspeed.net
Unread
  (#3)
Richard Cranium

January 14, 2004, 09:47 PM

I would but I have this fear of leaving a task like this to any of the local places.....they cant iron and starch a shirt without it looking like crap...dunno if I trust them with something that has to hold up if I have to use it for its intended purpose, know what I mean? Oh well its all good cause MFI will carry fieldsheer stuff starting in feb....after some sort of dealer bike show or something coming up.....just a little fyi....and I have a store credit and an order for a pair when they come in...only problem now is...the perf leather pants that fieldsheer makes have that little spot on the knees for those damn pucks...guess this means I gotta learn how to drag knee

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R
Unread
  (#4)
Site ADMIN

January 15, 2004, 08:03 AM

JR,

There is a leather shop at the brittany's, dillingham square shopping center in lake ridge.

I had them resew my joe rocket zipper b/c the manufacture did a shitty job.

I've also had them patch my full piece leather suit. They do an AWSOME job. Check them out and they are priced decent to have the zipper switched..

The shop is in that same strip that has the dairy queen in it.

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#5)
Richard Cranium

January 15, 2004, 10:23 AM

ahh thanks for the info spud.....Ill remember that in the future...already returned the pants...so...that part is taken care of...but now for future needs now I know there is somewhere close by...actually about a mile away lol.......still woulda pissed me off some if I had to pay even more money....for something that should work lol...250 for a pair of pants is steep in my house lol...

05 HEMI WK
09 M109R