DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 519
0 members and 519 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Moto-D one piece undersuit
Unread
  (#1)
It's not about me....

Moto-D one piece undersuit - July 25, 2012, 09:18 PM

Moto-D Racing products

One piece undersuit product review.

I am writing this in an effort to provide a candid and fair review of the new one piece undersuit that is available from Moto-D.

I ordered two of these suits in preparation for our 2012 race season. I had previously used Under Armour in a two piece configuration. I was not unhappy with the performance of the UA product but it is very expensive and had started to come apart at several of the seams. I was also not particularly happy with the overlap of the upper and lower garments that created a double layer in the waist area.

Upon arrival, I found the Moto-D suits to be of good quality. I tried on my medium suit and found both the arms and legs to be too long. Otherwise the fit was fine. After making this situation known to Scott at Moto-D, he immediately sent “small” replacements. They fit a bit better. There is still a bit of extra length in the arms. It is not uncomfortable or intrusive and I can easily understand that others with longer arms than I would need the excess.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a stirrup at the bottom of each leg. This comes in handy when getting into leathers and boots as the Moto-D suits do not fit as tightly as UA.

Our team’s first weekend of trial with these suits surely put them to the test. It was upward of 100 deg Fahrenheit with little wind at the track. True to the claims of Moto-D, these suits worked wonders in aiding entry and exit of our race leathers. We had zero issues with sticking and zero issues with zippers, materials and stitching.

In fact, these suits worked so well, the only recommendation we could possibly offer would be to provide them in lighter colors to avoid the sunlight/heat absorption that black seems to provide.

If you are wearing cotton t-shirts and shorts under your leathers, you absolutely need to get yourself one of these undersuits. If you are like I was and using UA, you need to check these out. At $64.95 they are far cheaper and I feel that they work better. Being one piece, there are no annoying gaps or overlaps either.

One last thing. These suits are not just for track junkies. They make a great first layer for street riding and come in a “Fall/Cold” version for those colder days on the road.

You can purchase yours directly from Moto-D at this website: Performance Sportbike Motorcycle Accessory Manufacturer ? MOTO-D Racing
When you call in, tell Scott “Cowboy 6 sent me” and he will give you a discounted price on your purchase!

Until next time, keep the rubber side down and leave nothing on the track but blackies!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Typical Stripper

July 25, 2012, 09:34 PM

I'm a big fan of my UA compression gear but for that price I'd consider trying one of these.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

July 25, 2012, 09:40 PM

Heard great things about the Moto-D undersuits on Gixxer.com. I decided to pick one up after having issues getting out of my suit during a 95+ degree track day.

I have to say this is a great suit. Makes getting in and out of the leathers really easy. The customer service is great too. Unfortunately, USPS misdelivered my package and the guys at MotoD sent me another suit.
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 25, 2012, 09:51 PM

For anyone using a 1 piece, an undersuit is an obvious addon that seemingly few people have. I don't know why. I don't know anything about this particular one, but for $65 it's an easy decision for anyone who doesn't have one.

I also have RS Taichi Gore-Tex Undersuit for the winter which is amazing.
Unread
  (#5)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

July 26, 2012, 06:51 AM

Awesome!

I'm going to order one of each once I get to Germany and a few more if I like them.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#6)
Typical Stripper

July 26, 2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Awesome!

I'm going to order one of each once I get to Germany and a few more if I like them.
Planning on soiling them easily?

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#7)
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ↓

July 26, 2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist View Post
Planning on soiling them easily?
You never know

I think I'll look cool walking around the house in one.

-Ryan
Unread
  (#8)
in Yamaland

July 26, 2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYUperman View Post
The customer service is great too.

+1... Moto D customer service is top notch.
Unread
  (#9)
RawkStar

July 27, 2012, 06:03 PM

Have the same suit and love it.