DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 544
10 members and 534 guests
2blueyam, beatle, GRN96WS6, nootherids, onel0wcubn, RobertJ, Scot, Speed3, tonetone, Triple X
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

January 17, 2006, 06:58 PM

Anyone know where I can find a sizing chart for Moto GP leather. They just have S, M, L etc listings instead of Euro sizing. I guess I could always buy one and return it if it didn't fit.

Katie 135
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Brooks  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

February 23, 2006, 10:39 AM

They run REALLY SMALL!! I went and tried on a jacket today and I usually wear a medium but I had to throw on a large and that barely fit me right. They are VERY SNUG by design. I suggest you try a place that has them on display and try em on.

Does anyone know about their quality? I need a new leather jacket. Mines really old!!!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Champ

February 23, 2006, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the help James. I ordered the new 2006 Alpinestars Stage Jacket. It's replacing the TZ-1 I had. Supposed to be here Tuesday.

Katie 135
Unread
  (#4)
Got my Permit

February 23, 2006, 11:18 AM

Since you're in Woodbridge, Coleman may have some on display. Their selection isn't very good though, and their prices are really high. Just check for fitment but don't actually buy from them. Plus their sales staff isn't very knowledgeable so you're pretty much on your own.

Scorpion9R is right though. Sizing runs very tight. They're cut more for somebody's who's tall and lean (typical Euro build). I wear a size 40 and I'm pretty lean myself, and I have trouble with their S. The M feels a little loose on some areas and still pretty tight on the chest area.

A* seems well build for the money, but the only problem I've seen with them is they start ripping at the seam when you go down a few times. Even the top of the line SM-X suit does this.

For the money, Vanson seems really expensive, but you get what you pay for. Plus they'll service and repair just about anything they sell. And they'll do custom sizing for you if you're hard to fit (especially if you're a woman).

Otherwise just replace your jacket once every few seasons or so
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
noise

February 23, 2006, 12:11 PM

FYI, I think MFI carries the Apex jacket in several sizes...

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#6)
Super Moderator

April 12, 2006, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
Thanks for the help James. I ordered the new 2006 Alpinestars Stage Jacket. It's replacing the TZ-1 I had. Supposed to be here Tuesday.
Did you ever get the jacket Brooks? How does it feel?

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#7)
GP Champ

April 12, 2006, 11:09 PM

yeah I got it. The jacket looks good and I have always liked the black leather with white stiching. One thing I liked about the TZ-1 is the thicker zippers. The new one has zippers like that ones that come on some khaky's. The fit is just like the TZ-1 and the leather is streching nicely.

Katie 135
Unread
  (#8)
Super Moderator

April 13, 2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks
yeah I got it. The jacket looks good and I have always liked the black leather with white stiching. One thing I liked about the TZ-1 is the thicker zippers. The new one has zippers like that ones that come on some khaky's. The fit is just like the TZ-1 and the leather is streching nicely.

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#9)
Mohawk Ryderz

Question April 29, 2006, 07:51 PM

Does anyone know of a place not to far from Rockville,Maryland that sells moto gp gear?

Harvey
Unread
  (#10)
Super Moderator

April 29, 2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax03
Does anyone know of a place not to far from Rockville,Maryland that sells moto gp gear?

Harvey
Heysers in Laurel does

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
Unread
  (#11)
Mohawk Ryderz

April 30, 2006, 10:55 AM

Hey Thanks.

Harvey