DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 573
2 members and 571 guests
GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Ex-racer TURNED Post Whore

January 3, 2003, 08:33 AM

The picture sucks but I wanted to let everyone know I really like my new one piece. I have worn it out riding twice now and it is starting to loosen up a bit.
The blue matches my bike perfectly and I have grown quite fond of it.

It fits really snug and it really makes me feel safe and even a little more cautious if that makes any sense. I can put my knee out ..woohoo...

Does anyone know of good pucks that won't come off and that don't look like big white squares..hahaha

I will take some pictures of it..(without me in it) so you can see the pretty flames...
and the white square pucks Vanson supplied...

[Edited on 1/3/2003 by KatiesGSXR600m]

Honda Cbr600RR NESBA #135
"Your anger makes me Happy"
Ambivalent? Welllll, yes and no.
You are about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#2)

January 3, 2003, 08:51 AM

Here is the front

Here are the knee pucks

here are the stripes all the way down both sides

[Edited on 1/3/2003 by KatiesGSXR600m]

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via AIM to KatiesGSXR600m Send a message via MSN to KatiesGSXR600m  
Unread
  (#3)
GP Racer

January 3, 2003, 08:52 AM

I need to get me some leathers. I've got a textile suit to hold me over for now though. I need some extra $$ --- anyone know where a man whore can find some work? :o :lick1:

Brad
-- I've got one word for you... brain damage.
http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/ibf/ht...icons/tard.gif
Kat 600
Chevy Chase, MD
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to BAMMER  
Unread
  (#4)
Got my Permit

January 3, 2003, 08:52 AM

Here's an idea Katie. How about a camera with a shutter timer. That way you can be in your own pics and folks can assess how good a job Vanson did in actually fitting the thing to you. As I recall, that was an issue the first time through. I hope they remedied that problem with a minimum of muss and fuss. Aw, what the heck do I know? I'm just a damn noob.

I'm getting the hang of existing; now I want to LIVE!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)

January 3, 2003, 08:58 AM

Brad, the man whore....does your girl know about this buddy?? hahaha..liked the licking smilie..nice touch

Maxwell

You are right. luckily i went down there to be measured the first time so they HAD to get it right. When you let them measure you for a custom suit..it is a guaranteed fit. vanson sent me a suit that was way too big at first.. So I sent it back and they made me a brand new suit from scratch.

The main guy over at Vanson said they just made a mistake and so when i got this suit I was amazed at the perfect fit. It really is custom for me.

and trust me it's snug.

Unread
  (#6)
Got my Permit

January 3, 2003, 09:11 AM

Am I recalling correctly that they pretty much have to fit snug or they won't provide optimum protection in a get-off? If true, does anyone know why that is the case?

I'm getting the hang of existing; now I want to LIVE!
Unread
  (#7)
Ballaugh Bridge

January 3, 2003, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know of good pucks that won't come off and that don't look like big white squares..
Intuitive makes good sliders with strong velcro. They're made from the same material as frame sliders and last a long time. http://www.inturace.com/default.htm

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#8)

January 3, 2003, 09:28 AM

Thanks Travis for the site

these look like winners

but...I noticed it said something about the option of sewing the patch on and then hooking the slider on it so you never have to replace the patch....Does anyone have these?

Sounds convienient anyway.

Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

January 3, 2003, 09:56 AM

Hey Katie, where did you go to get your custom one piece?!?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Bmiester  
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge

January 3, 2003, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yoshimura, Pilot and AGV leather wearers!
We now have Knee Sliders that work on Yoshimura, AGV, Pilot and Spidi suits which have the hook side sewn to the leathers. Order our KS-2 knee slider today
I don't know what Intuitive is talking about. My AGV leathers have the "loop" side of the velcro on the leathers, not the "hook"

Quote:
The Knee Slider Patch Kit!
This kit comes with both the patch for your leathers, and the Knee Sliders. By sewing our "hook"side patch to your leathers you will NEVER have to replace the patch again. This will allow you outstanding adhesion from the slider to the leathers during the entire life of the slider, no more sliders flying off - no more replacing the patch on your leathers every season.
I don't know why the hook side would be better on your leathers. It makes no difference in strength. I can't imagine ever wearing out the velcro patch on the leathers. I've never lot a puck. The only way to take off Intuitive sliders is by undoing every tab one at a time. I don't think they would come off in even the worst of crashes. You'd be dead before they ever came off. If I did lose one I wouldn't put my knee all the way out anyways. I suppose it depends on the quality of velcro that comes on your leathers.
The original AGV sliders I had could be pulled off fairly easily.
I like the Intuitive one a lot. They have a lot of "feel". I burned through two sets of AGV sliders in ~700 track miles. The Intuitive sliders will probably last four times that.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#11)
Go slow to go fast...

January 3, 2003, 10:22 AM

Katie, try this site.
http://www.sliderwoman.com/

The intuitive pucks are really good, but they are about the same size as the pucks you have now and are made of a really hard material. I would recomemd the bommerang pucks, but I can't remember who makes them.

Tony
1-12-2010
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RRonin  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

January 3, 2003, 11:53 AM

spidi makes the boomerang pucks
i have used them before, there are good

you'll have to go down the page a bit
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/kneepucks.html

[Edited on 3/1/2003 by jrock]

have you ever noticed anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to jrock Send a message via AIM to jrock  
Unread
  (#13)
GP Racer

January 3, 2003, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I will take some pictures of it..(without me in it)

Now where exactly is the fun in that??????????? HMMM anybody answer this for me please........

People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
2004 R1
2002 CBR954RR
2002 CR250R
1991 KX500
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YUSOSLO Send a message via MSN to YUSOSLO  
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

January 3, 2003, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I don't know what Intuitive is talking about. My AGV leathers have the "loop" side of the velcro on the leathers, not the "hook"

I don't know why the hook side would be better on your leathers. It makes no difference in strength. I can't imagine ever wearing out the velcro patch on the leathers. I've never lot a puck.
I've had some gloves that have had the loop side of the velcro wear out, so I would guess that the same could happen with the loop side on the leathers, but you would have to be burning through a lot of pucks, or taking them off a lot. Tony, is the loop side worn out on yours? I know you lost a puck that one time.

I doubt I'd ever wear it out myself, but I'll wait until I wear it out and make the call then. I would think having the hook side on the leathers would be a big pain in the ass though, grabbing on to everything.

[Edited on 1/3/2003 by rddy]
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to rddy  
Unread
  (#15)
AMA Superbike Champ

January 3, 2003, 01:28 PM

Those flames look really really good....

but those knee pucks must go! fugly!!!

Matt
02 DRZ400
00 SV650s
08 Vino 125
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to car54