DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 554
5 members and 549 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, Heist, Sal_the_man, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
New Alpinestar leather jacket - how does fitment look?
Unread
  (#1)
Yep, it's purple

New Alpinestar leather jacket - how does fitment look? - December 3, 2009, 09:04 PM

This is the Stunt leather jacket from Alpinestar. its a size 40/50 Euro. I tried the 42 on at the store and the salesguy said it looked like there was too much room. I tried the 40 on and he said it looked more right.

Now, problem is when I put my Icon back protector on, it feels somewhat tight in the chest area. Without the back protector, it fits like a glove. The elbow pads are where they need to be and so do the shoulder pads, sleeve length is perfect too.

Should I get a 42 or see if the 40 size will "break in" like some people are telling me?

Oh, I'm 6'1" and 150 lbs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg without back protector.jpg (436.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg with back protector.jpg (491.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg with back protector 1.jpg (480.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 12-3-09 010.jpg (493.6 KB, 97 views)

TPG - wreaking havoc since '07

"You only get one chance to walk on GODíS green earth so you must always make the most of it or just waste away..."

You will never be forgotten, Jeff Vega. RIP

Last edited by KevinG; December 3, 2009 at 09:12 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

December 3, 2009, 09:08 PM

Looks kinda short on you!

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
Unread
  (#3)
Magic Carpet Ride

December 3, 2009, 10:12 PM

Sleeves look a little short and it looks tight overall. You need to sit on your bike in the riding position and see how high the sleeves come up when your arms are stretched out. Also, you may want to wear a few layers under the jacket when it gets cold, so make sure there's some room for that.

Does that jacket have a removable vest liner? I would go with one that does so you can wear it in the cold weather with the liner AND warmer weather without. I have this one and reallly like it:

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html

Last edited by Interceptor; December 3, 2009 at 10:17 PM..
Unread
  (#4)
GOTTARIPANDRUNNOW

December 3, 2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Sleeves look a little short and it looks tight overall. You need to sit on your bike in the riding position and see how high the sleeves come up when your arms are stretched out. Also, you may want to wear a few layers under the jacket when it gets cold, so make sure there's some room for that.

Does that jacket have a removable vest liner? I would go with one that does so you can wear it in the cold weather with the liner AND warmer weather without. I have this one and reallly like it:

http://www.newenough.com/protective_...le_jacket.html
True that plus looks if you sit on bike the jacket will be halfway up your back!

RIP AND RUN COMEON!!!!!2007GSXR1000 Ride your own you rookie!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00000789219497
Unread
  (#5)
Yep, it's purple

December 3, 2009, 10:34 PM

This jacket does have a removable liner and I was wearing it with a long sleeve sweater. The sleeve length feels fine to me and the length of the jacket is a tad longer than my medium Icon jacket (it sits below my waist actually - optical illusion with my red sweater hanging out the jacket). I can grasp barely a handful in the chest area without the backprotector. With the protector vest on, I can not grab but 3/4 of my grip.

I am guessing that leather jackets take a while to break in to be perfect for the rider?

TPG - wreaking havoc since '07

"You only get one chance to walk on GODíS green earth so you must always make the most of it or just waste away..."

You will never be forgotten, Jeff Vega. RIP
Unread
  (#6)
Winnar!!

December 3, 2009, 11:05 PM

up one size

Amigo del pussy wah wah!
Unread
  (#7)
Captain Slow

December 7, 2009, 02:09 AM

Hey, we met at the underwear ride (multi colored Ducati bennie) Dude 40 is fine, keep it. If I can make a suggestion, now invest in some riding pants.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Desmodromic  
Unread
  (#8)
Traction Control

December 7, 2009, 07:18 AM

I went up to coleman's this weekend to try on some A* leather jackets. The smallest size they had was 42. It fits pretty good but I wanted to see how a 40 feels. If anyone around fairfax has size 40 A* leather, I'd love to try it on real quick to see the fit.

KTM RC8R
KTM RC390 race
Yamaha R6 race
Honda CRF50 mini
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Tecknojoe  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Champ

December 7, 2009, 07:21 AM

You know, I go with what feels good on me. Ive heard the jacket is supposed to be snug. Well I dont like how that feels when Im riding. My jacket has room in it. Ive never understood why it should look like youre a bodybuilder when wearing one. Just my .02

Go with what you feel like is comfortable. Who cares what we think. Its you that has to wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#10)
SaS
Sas pronounced Sauce.

December 7, 2009, 02:13 PM

The reason the jacket is supposed to be snug is so it doesn't ride up on you, and the armor stays in place. It's not about how it should look; it's a safety factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfam95 View Post
You know, I go with what feels good on me. Ive heard the jacket is supposed to be snug. Well I dont like how that feels when Im riding. My jacket has room in it. Ive never understood why it should look like youre a bodybuilder when wearing one. Just my .02

Go with what you feel like is comfortable. Who cares what we think. Its you that has to wear it.
Unread
  (#11)
ELBOWZ

December 7, 2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasSV View Post
The reason the jacket is supposed to be snug is so it doesn't ride up on you, and the armor stays in place. It's not about how it should look; it's a safety factor.
+1.

Mine is snug but is perfect. If I go down everything is going to stay in place. As long as it is not restricting you from operating you bike properly and is comfortable then stay with it. Its not for going to the club and picking up chicks.

CCS #720 Expert
Michelin Tires www.sportbiketireservice.com
EvolveGT www.evolvegt.com
MRP Motorsports www.mrpmotorsports.com
MOTO-D Racing Tire Warmers www.motodracing.com
EVIL Powder Coating www.evilpowdercoating.com
AMSOIL www.dc-moto.net
Trackside Parts Club www.tracksidepartsclub.com
James
Unread
  (#12)
GP Champ

December 7, 2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasSV View Post
Hmm. Then thats strange, because I have a jacket and pants and on neither the armor moves. Knee and hip armor stay in place. Elbow armor does too. Yet I still have room.

So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#13)
TPG - screw face

December 7, 2009, 02:43 PM

man y didn't u bust out a might morphin power ranger move in the 4th pic with the Christmas lights that jank is colorful as hell hahaha.

Yea it should fit snug, but not super tight when you put ur back protector in. If it feels uncomfortable, go up one size, but if when you put the back protector on with the 42 and it's still baggy...then I'd so stick with the snug fit.