DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 500
3 members and 497 guests
boomboom929, shiphteey, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#16)
Mr. Glass

October 5, 2004, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer600
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Luva
This guy's R6 is pretty tight (to me). I was thinkin' of doing the same type thing.... He doesn't seem to be using neons though...

http://www.highbimmin.com/Install/Kuryakyn.htm
I don't know what the hell that guy is using, but it looks tight. I don't about running them as strobe lights tho...I can tell you that if LEOs ever saw you with flashing visible red or blue lights...that's YOUR ASS!!
im not one with "blingin" or "riceing" out my bike, but his lights look damn good.. cause the bike is soo clean.. cleanliness is word.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#17)
Mr. Glass

October 5, 2004, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy6
It's not automatic reckless @ 20 over. I was written for 21 over no reckless. it's the cops disgression in va. I was radared 76/55. Might be different on I-95. I was on a backroad.

I argued it down to 10-19 over anyway
From VA code:

46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.

So I guess the 20 over rule doesn't apply if you're going 35. But everywhere else - 20+ over is reckless.

Thread jacking is what CWB is all about!
i feel this law is ghey.. but thas just me..

06 Black 10R

Quote:
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#18)
GP Champ

October 5, 2004, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's not automatic reckless @ 20 over. I was written for 21 over no reckless. it's the cops disgression in va. I was radared 76/55. Might be different on I-95. I was on a backroad.

From VA code:

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.

So I guess the 20 over rule doesn't apply if you're going 35. But everywhere else - 20+ over is reckless.

I understand how the law is written. It's makes it extremely easy for the officer to write anything over 20 @>45mph as reckless. However says nothing about the officer being restricted to writing a ticket for reckless and reckless only. I may have been very fortunate. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Infact, the officer stated he was not writing me from reckless.Despite having the authority to do so.
There are also provisions for writing tickets for speeding over 20 mph.

Screamin- I don't necessarily agree with the law either. I don't understand the reasoning behind it other then the fact it may distract other drivers/riders or is in voilation due to tampering with factory equipment in some manner. I could probably pick out 50 laws I didn't understand the reasoning behind. Welcome to the people's republik of Va.

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#19)
( * )|( * )

October 5, 2004, 04:43 PM

Yeah...make sure when you're on the highway you spot check frequently, make sure you know what is in front, on both sides and what's coming up behind. I was on my way home in my cage and two cars (300M and BMW) were racing and they were moving...the BMW almost clipped the front of my truck because he cut me off pretty bad. That did not bother me because he would have been hurting much more than me but I couldn't help but think what if I was on the bike and these idiots didn't see me? I know just about everyone here has been through the car coming into your lane even though they are looking at you routine...ride safe and keep an eye on what is around you.

As for the lights, I agree...I doubt they will do nothing more than squid the bike out and make you a bigger target for the cops.

-Chris

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year
Unread
  (#20)
Signed up for Track Days!

October 5, 2004, 04:51 PM

dayum. he's just trying to give his opinion...

and yes the traffic laws are F*...firetruc...*k (previous post) any which way you look at it.

obey or pay (up)... (all you want to do is give the police officer even more of an excuse to write up more and more tickets. might as well just give them the keys and walk home...

just remember as is BASEBALL. 3 strikes. OUT'a'here. and in the pin you go before you can say a*s - fink - ter says what!

this is my .02

peace bro.

2003 999 SUPERBIKE
Unread
  (#21)
GP Champ

October 5, 2004, 05:13 PM

what? Damn!

If you drink and ride, I have no pity for you. At all, ever.
Unread
  (#22)
Resident Rodent

October 5, 2004, 05:18 PM

If you put them on for posing ... parking lot ... B&N kind of stuff ... on a switch ... the right way ... there's no problem.

I had a lot of fun with it.

Is it rice?

Answer: Who cares what some folks think. Self confidence.

If you put them on wrong (no disconnects for each light) ... you will pay an extra 2 hours of labor or so for every major service.

So, I'm not putting them on my newest bike.

But again, I had a lot of fun with them.

Pix:
http://flandersland.tzo.com/magicrat...ghtPics/Small/

http://flandersland.tzo.com/magicrat...231/3-Neon750/

And a "How To":
http://flandersland.tzo.com/magicrat...s/How%20To.txt

- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

http://www.magicratproductions.com
Unread
  (#23)
Mr. Glass

October 5, 2004, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

From VA code:

I understand how the law is written. It's makes it extremely easy for the officer to write anything over 20 @>45mph as reckless. However says nothing about the officer being restricted to writing a ticket for reckless and reckless only. I may have been very fortunate. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Infact, the officer stated he was not writing me from reckless.Despite having the authority to do so.
There are also provisions for writing tickets for speeding over 20 mph.

Screamin- I don't necessarily agree with the law either. I don't understand the reasoning behind it other then the fact it may distract other drivers/riders or is in voilation due to tampering with factory equipment in some manner. I could probably pick out 50 laws I didn't understand the reasoning behind. Welcome to the people's republik of Va.
i agree...

06 Black 10R

Quote:
Quote: