DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 513
3 members and 510 guests
CrazyMotorcycleGuy, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
OMFG Riding-related: Sidi Adventure GTX Boots
Unread
  (#1)
Derpentine Dealer

OMFG Riding-related: Sidi Adventure GTX Boots - September 12, 2011, 05:30 PM

Anybody on here have these by chance? I know people on ADVRider own them and rave about them. They are expensive as hell though at $625. I'm probably going to pull the trigger because I like the height and of course GoreTex is still number 1 when it comes to waterproofiness. Alternatively, they can be had for $400 in some other waterproof membrane. Opinions (about the boots, these boots, and nothing but these boots please)?

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

September 12, 2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude
Anybody on here have these by chance? I know people on ADVRider own them and rave about them. They are expensive as hell though at $625. I'm probably going to pull the trigger because I like the height and of course GoreTex is still number 1 when it comes to waterproofiness. Alternatively, they can be had for $400 in some other waterproof membrane. Opinions (about the boots, these boots, and nothing but these boots please)?
I love my Adventure Rains.
Unread
  (#3)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

September 12, 2011, 06:02 PM

omg what size foot do you wear? when you wear them out and want to throw them away let me know!

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

September 12, 2011, 06:47 PM

damn that is a nice boot.

I just blew a bunch of money on a pair of sidi crossfire srs though hopefully I actually get this pair of boots unlike the tech 7 sm's I bought (paypal gave me all my money back at least)

-Joe

17 Beta 250RR/RE
09 Husky WR177

Last edited by Gots_a_sol; September 12, 2011 at 06:50 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Gots_a_sol  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Racer

September 12, 2011, 06:51 PM

i think nani had a pair at some point. he's forever switching up his gear though.
Unread
  (#6)
starbucks ADV rider

September 12, 2011, 06:57 PM

I have them, best pair ive had so far.... 100% waterproof also.
super comfortable, that Italian cow is something else
Unread
  (#7)
starbucks ADV rider

September 12, 2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
I love my Adventure Rains.

not really waterproof tho...
Unread
  (#8)
Derpentine Dealer

September 12, 2011, 07:26 PM

I read a review of a bunch of touring boots, and the Sidi Adventure Rain far and away owned the competition. They tested each boot by sinking them down into several inches of water in a bathtub for 12 h. The Sidis did so well they went a full 24 h with them submerged and still not a drop of water inside. I can't remember whether they were the $625 GTX or $400 Rain version though for sure, but I'm about 90% they were the $400 non-GTX version. It was the only boot tested that the reviewers declared unequivocally waterPROOF.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#9)
The last urrbendah

September 12, 2011, 07:30 PM

I think I'd find out for sure before I threw that much scratch at a pair of boots
Unread
  (#10)
GP Champ

September 12, 2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani

not really waterproof tho...
Well shit. All this time I thought my boots were waterproof. I guess I better stop riding in the rain now until I get some good boots.
Unread
  (#11)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

September 12, 2011, 08:27 PM

What are you looking for? Commuter boots, off road boots or SM boots? I got the Sidi Explorer for commuting. Best dam boot ever for it and 100% water proof. I have a couple other boots for off road and sm riding.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#12)
Derpentine Dealer

September 13, 2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131 View Post
What are you looking for? Commuter boots, off road boots or SM boots? I got the Sidi Explorer for commuting. Best dam boot ever for it and 100% water proof. I have a couple other boots for off road and sm riding.
I want a hardass commuter that can perform over in Sterling/Leesburg when I wander over in those parts, if you know what I mean. I'm adopting more of your attitude about all gear, all the time too so I'm thinking of phasing out the Danners. They work great and are warm in the winter, but one crash busted them up pretty good. I'm still interested in the pair you have in your closet though.

Meanwhile, here's an outfit in the UK that ships to the USA and Canada for 35 pounds. Shipped the cost works out to be about 281 pounds to the USA for GoreTex boots, and assuming US$1.63 per pound, you're looking at a US$200 savings over buying them from a US retailer. Other than I hate to put money into the pockets of people overseas, it's a no-brainer unless I have missed something.

Motorcycle Footwear Sidi Adventure Gore-tex

DISCLAIMER: I have no financial or other ties to the link above and stand to benefit nothing by posting it.

Last edited by OrangeShirtDude; September 13, 2011 at 02:19 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
Derpentine Dealer

September 13, 2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimoto View Post
Well shit. All this time I thought my boots were waterproof. I guess I better stop riding in the rain now until I get some good boots.
I think he's referring to the fact that product literature describes them as "water resistant" rather than "waterproof". It probably has something to do with GoreTex having rights to the term "waterproof" rather than to functionality.

Unread
  (#14)
ಠ_ಠ The Cleaner ಠ_ಠ

September 13, 2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShirtDude View Post
I want a hardass commuter that can perform over in Sterling/Leesburg when I wander over in those parts, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Meanwhile, here's an outfit in the UK that ships to the USA and Canada for 35 pounds. Shipped the cost works out to be about 281 pounds to the USA for GoreTex boots, and assuming US$1.63 per pound, you're looking at a US$200 savings over buying them from a US retailer. Other than I hate to put money into the pockets of people overseas, it's a no-brainer unless I have missed something.

Says the URL is bad, but if that were the case it would be a wicked deal. I hate sending money overseas too but it might be the only way to get US retailers to learn how to do business you know? I don't want to reward them for inefficiencies. Worst case, out economy fails, mad bros move to Europe, supermoto is more accepted, wins all around.

I mean for $200 thats another set of tires right there :/

Whenever a post needs posting, I appear, then I'm gone.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to hokierider  
Unread
  (#15)
Derpentine Dealer

September 13, 2011, 02:20 PM

Link fixed. I think the markup probably has more to do with import agreements so the $200 primarily goes to the US government. That's my suspicion, anyway.