DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 556
1 members and 555 guests
Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Pack It Up
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

Pack It Up - June 28, 2010, 07:15 PM

I have read quite a few threads about riders taking or wanting to take weekend trips or longer. A common questions is how to get my bike packed up with all the stuff needed.

Helen2wheels is a great place to start. She is a rider and all of her stuff is water proof, well made and designed to be ridden hard.

Here is a H2W duffel and packing straps. On this trip were in the rain from Stephens City to Pine Hurst and the contents were dry.

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 29, 2010, 06:21 AM

I usually just pack everything into Todd's rolling Samsonite. LOL

We have a waterproof duffel that he straps across his back seat/saddle bags. With the VTR, I had a tank bag, saddle bags and a tail pack; all had rain covers, but we also bought some dry bags as an extra level of protection. This set up didn't work quite as well on the CBR but since Donovan's racing is taking up all of our time, I haven't looked too hard for stuff that will work.

Helen
Mom of Donovan,
a GNCC and VCHSS racer

2013 Sponsors: Munn Racing, KTM-Parts.com, Sunstar, ONE Industries, 661, Sunline, Tag Metals, Cycra, Asterisk, Leatt, GoPro, Twin Air, Factory Backing and Mom & Dad

Helen's Facebook
WillowRowRacing Facebook
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SxyRdr Send a message via AIM to SxyRdr  
Unread
  (#3)
Pleased to meet me

June 29, 2010, 07:05 AM

Aerostich is a nice one stop shopping place for travel gear. I know what to take I just have no room.

2008 with no tent:

My ghetto set up last year:

Better this year but the curves were calling. I dragged the bags so hard they both sport holes now.

Next year's set up will rock your face off. Think aluminum. I'm actually drawing it up now. No more shopping for clothes mid-trip.
  Send a message via AIM to