DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 610
2 members and 608 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Got my Permit

December 6, 2002, 01:51 PM

I'm looking for a set of pants to wear on top of my jeans / slacks for commuting purposes. Need to provide soem protection and most importantly WARMTH!!!

Any suggestions are welcome!

'01 Yamaha FZ1
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to novaFZ1  
Unread
  (#2)
Ballaugh Bridge

December 6, 2002, 03:06 PM

I've been doing some research on this and it looks like I'll be getting a set of the Motoport Ultra II gear for Christmas.

"The Ultra II Cordura Pant is 100% Waterproof, Windproof and Breathable with the optional zip out Gore-Tex liner. The right leg fully unzips while the left leg opens to above the knee enabling you to get in and out of the pant in seconds. Available in Black (00) only. "

"-Can be worn with or without pants underneath
-Tri-Armor in velcro secured pockets. Armor wraps around thighs and covers knee and shin area
-Zippered side flaps that allow you to access your inner pant pockets
- Five inch stretch panel above the waist for kidney protection provides better fit and comfort
-Unique extra strength waist fastening system that will keep your pants on in case of a tumble. The extra five inch stretch panel gives you enough coverage high on the waist to make zipping it to the jacket unnecessary
-Two large front outside pockets
-All critical seams Safety Lock Stitched
-Top quallity YKK zippers
-Full length waist zipper can be installed to connect to any of our waist cut jackets
-Some sizing modifications can be made
-Scotchlite reflective material on outside of both legs."

http://www.motoport.com/

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

December 6, 2002, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm looking for a set of pants to wear on top of my jeans / slacks for commuting purposes. Need to provide soem protection and most importantly WARMTH!!!

Any suggestions are welcome!
I think this is going to be my next suit...the Rukka Armatech. Here's a review...-Steve

ADAC motorradwelt: Group Test Riding Suits

The most interesting group tests are those that employ scientific methods to determine which products really deliver what their advertising promises. In the latest issue of its motorcycle magazine "motorradwelt", the renowned German motorists' association ADAC tested ten textile motorcycle riding suits of different pricing ranges ? among them Rukka's top suit, the Armatech. The tests carried out by the ADAC test center covered three categories: Accident protection (yielding 60 per cent of the overall rating), comfort/handling/equipment/protection against cold (20 per cent overall) and protection against rain (also 20 per cent overall). The first two categories were again divided into several sub-categories.

One of the most important issues tested was abrasion resistance, tested on the Technical University of Darmstadt's abrasion test-bed. The Rukka Armatech, whose upper material consists almost completely of Kevlar-based Armacor laminate by Gore-Tex, surpassed all competitors with ease, receiving grades of 1.3 (jacket) and 1.1 (trousers). It fared even better than a competitor's product that is also made of Armacor. Testers also noted that only the Armatech's jacket and trousers both deliver an equally high degree of accident protection, whereas with all competitors' suits, either jacket or trousers proved to be distinctly less safe than the other piece.

Together with top results in other safety criteria the Armatech suit is rated best in the overall accident protection rating, with marks of 1.8 for the jacket and 1.9 for the trousers. The ADAC group test is the first independent, unbiased test to confirm that the Rukka Armatech suit's protective capabilities are not behind those of leather apparel.

The Armatech suit also received high marks in numerous comfort, usability and equipment ratings, for example the top marks in the water absorption rating: "A three hour tour in the rain was absolutely no problem."

Testers conclude that "as a general tendency, the more expensive suits are better because they mostly offer better accident protection." The Rukka Armatech received the best overall marks and was awarded the ADAC's special, three-star recommendation.

----------------------
Steve
'05GS1200
Unread
  (#4)
Site Admin

December 7, 2002, 08:44 AM

wow those are some reviews!
Unread
  (#5)
noise

December 8, 2002, 03:26 AM

What would y'all recommend in leather pants for say mix matching to a jacket?

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."
Unread
  (#6)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

December 10, 2002, 09:41 PM

Quote:
What would y'all recommend in leather pants for say mix matching to a jacket?
Yo man just go to new enough motorcycle.com and you can get some leather's their for like 160.00 plus shipping.
Chico

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#7)
Got my Permit

December 20, 2002, 01:48 PM

Those motoport ones look to be exactly what I need...funny I can't seem to find similar models.

Is that the only place that carries them?

Someone also suggested the JR Ballistic pants, but I'm not sure they are the same as the motoport ones.

Gear Review had 'great' things to say about the cordura pant....

'01 Yamaha FZ1
Unread
  (#8)
Ballaugh Bridge

December 20, 2002, 02:19 PM

I'm a member of the VFR List forum. On it there are lots of long distance riders and types that ride in all conditions from all over the world. They have all sorts of gear from different countries. From their reviews Motoport gear is the only gear anyone has found to be 100% waterproof. Many pants leak in the crotch area, Aerostich suits being one, but not the Motoport pants. My Motoport UltraII Cordura Light (600 rather than 1000 denier, more flexible) pants arrived yesterday but I can't open them til X-Mas.

This is a link to many reviews of the pants.
http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/...php?prodID=688

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#9)
Got my Permit

December 20, 2002, 04:22 PM

sv - was in front of you on the MGR site, I had gone there immediately after I saw you post your earlier link up.

Was that the only dealer for those pants though?

'01 Yamaha FZ1
Unread
  (#10)
noise

December 20, 2002, 04:48 PM

SV, oh the excitement knowing it's right there waiting... I would have a difficult time not peeking

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."