DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 545
5 members and 540 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle, dubplaya, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Review: Fieldsheer Street Pants
Unread
  (#1)
M Class Holder

Review: Fieldsheer Street Pants - August 13, 2007, 04:15 PM

I just got my first pair of casual riding pants last week. The Fieldsheer Street pant. They are black jean-style pants with knee and hip protectors.

Paid: $50 shipped from E-bay (brand new)

Fit: Pretty much like relaxed jeans. Elastic waist is very stretchy requiring a belt to stay on. Pretty comfortable and don't look overtly like riding gear. They could also be used as overpants (when it's colder), but they have no zippers to expand the openings.

Protection: They advertise 600 denier Corbolex outer shell, CE knee armor and SP memory foam hip protection. I don't want to test it.

Comfort: It's hot!! Even on a relatively mild evenning in the low 80s. The FS Raingaurd waterproof, breathable liner is definitely waterproof. I should sue for false advertising that they claimed it is breathable. After 30 min of riding my legs were soaked. The moisture accumulated and even the outside of my boats was wet. I did not even sweat that much.

Final thoughts: Great budget protection for around town. CE Hip armor is available. Waterproof liner should be good for rain, but as it's non-removable makes the pants very hot. Looks like I'll be looking for something lighter for when I'm not wearing my perferated leather 2-piece.
  Send a message via AIM to