DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 572
2 members and 570 guests
GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

January 9, 2003, 07:10 AM

I commute on my SV. I carry a laptop, usually lunch, various papers, etc etc. I've been using a Timbuk2 bike messenger bag. I also have a magnetic tank bag (Suzuki brand), but am hesitant to put my laptop in it so I donít use it much.

Iíve always worried about the potential for further injury as a result of strapping this 10+ lb. bag on my back. Luckily, in a recent straightline highside, I was not injured by the bag (just a torn rotator cuff :eek7: as a result of shoulder on pavement) and my laptop survived. Nevertheless, I decided I wanted a different way to carry my gear to work.

I bought a RocketLocker Elite Zip-Pak. Thereís a decent review here . I donít have much to add to the review other than to say, ďI agreeĒ. The bag in all the pictures is stuffed full and looks like kinda ridiculous. With just my laptop and a few file folders it only sits up a couple inches off the seat and cinches down pretty good.

This thing is awesome. Highly recommended.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

January 9, 2003, 10:50 AM

ditto. i just got one for christmas. build quality is excellent and it certainly looks like it can fit tons of stuff. haven't had a chance to test it out yet but so far so good. would recommend it to any commuter.

SV650S 2K2 (with the extra fast silver color)

Ummmm....Sacrelicious!!
Hmm, beer. The cause of, and solution to all of life's problems!
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand
  Send a message via AIM to