DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 179
5 members and 174 guests
2blueyam, gvr4wd, Sal_the_man, Slider, tpadden
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Ruste Protection
Unread
  (#1)
Mommy's Little Monster

Ruste Protection - June 30, 2016, 09:43 AM

https://www.rusteprotection.com/

Anyone ever used this service before? I'm growing tired of all the riding jeans I've tried just not fitting how I like my jeans to fit/look. I just ordered two pairs of Bull-It Jeans with very high hopes, only to be completely let down by the cut/fit of the jeans. Was interested in them because of their use of Covec vs Kevlar which looked to provide a really high degree of protection. Anyways, both of them are gonna have to be sent back because they're just not going to work for me.

I'm now contemplating sending in a pair of jeans that I already own and like, and let them get the kevlar treatment, add padded hips/knees, etc. Would be about $200 for the service including one set of knee protectors, not terrible for getting good protection in a pair of jeans that you know for a fact will fit properly and already like the looks of.

Thoughts?

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Champ

June 30, 2016, 10:29 AM

If it achieves what you are looking to achieve then it's a deal I reckon.

For myself, if I want to wear jeans I just wear jeans. Sometimes I'll throw a set of knee braces under them. If I want to gear up then I spend money on MC gear that's likely to survive more than a single slide on the dirt or pavement. I can't see spending $30.00 bucks for a decent pair of jeans and then spending $200.00 to turn them into disposable one-shot MC gear, but then, I'm not you.

There's bold riders and old riders, but damn few bold old riders.
Unread
  (#3)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

June 30, 2016, 10:36 AM

Cargo Pants for Men, Work Pants and Carpenter Pants - Duluth Trading

I wear the fire hose pants. Serious thickness and lifetime warranty that I have used. Love their products!

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#4)
Mommy's Little Monster

April 27, 2017, 11:52 AM

Well I went ahead and bit the bullet and sent in a pair of jeans to Ruste. I had debated about it for a long time, cause usually I wear my full riding gear...but I know as summer starts to get into full swing there will just be days I don't want to wear riding pants, esp if I'm heading out to meet someone, and I don't feel 100% comfortable riding in regular jeans.

The whole process really couldn't have been any easier. In addition to the kevlar lining, I opted to have them sew in pockets for knee protectors if I decide to add those later on. Including the international shipping it cost me about $185, and took two weeks from start to finish. DHL handles their shipping so they called and I just told them specific times for the pickup/dropoff.

I was a little worried that after getting the lining sewn in, that they would be a little tight or not fit right anymore, but fortunately that wasn't the case. The cool-mesh liner they used feels great, and so far I'm glad I went ahead with this purchase. Certainly worth consideration if anyone else is like me and wants to wear jeans from time to time, but also doesn't like to skimp on protection.

Marking the center of my kneecaps in the riding position, so they knew where to sew the pockets

Box they arrived back in

Coverage

Still fit/feel/look like a normal pair of jeans

2018 BMW R1200 GS
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
2014 Honda CB500X
2007 Suzuki DRZ 400SM
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600