DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 491
1 members and 490 guests
beatle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Spidi suit from Motoneko
Unread
  (#1)
Madman in Training

Spidi suit from Motoneko - May 17, 2007, 09:05 AM

Tuesday circa 3 PM

- Depart Arlington heading down 6 East to GW to 395 North. Even at this hour traffic is backed up on the bridge. The little engine that could (R6) is not happy with the heat.
201 dodging trucks, vans..the latte and make up crowd heading to 50 East. Not much fun either. 295 to Baltimore. At times I am doing 50 at times 12. I am wondering how all daily commuters put up with this.
The traffic inchworm in the heat does not go in my good memories book. Finally a little bit of space, some greenery and I get on the 695 to Towson. Baltimore is a different animal. The drivers are better but faster.
Zip, zip zip back to home and hearth seems to be a mantra. Apart from two back-ups I am at exit 19 in no time. Motoneko Parts is in Ownings Mill in an a one level building home to multiple businesses.
It is at the back to the far left. I miss it as the sign has yet to go up. The owner steps out to wave me in. Very friendly, nice little shop. They took the time to school me about what what to look for in a suit and how important fit is. They were kind enough to help me get out of some of the suits I tried. I settled on a Spidi Varitek: http://www.motonekoparts.com/Spidi-Varitek-Wind-Pro-p-17435.html I settled on the euro size 44
and Alpinestars back protector. I left my mesh jacket behind and somewhat sheepishly got on the bike in my suit and rolled off. The drive back was interesting. Note to self..if wearing one-piece suit expect some to stare and some to want to race you. I obliged neither. I rode back into town and somehow managed to get out of my suit now that I learned the proper procedure.

Anyway, the owner was courteous and helpful, offered a variety of choices, helped with fitting and also tried to find some stitching info for me online. Got a good deal and am very happy.
Here is the plug..local (relatively) business sells tires, helmets, suits, back protectors and lots of moto goodies. Ask for Sree if you go. I will definitely be back there.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Masamune  
Unread
  (#2)
tang ama ka !!!!!!!

May 17, 2007, 09:39 AM

i have yet to order something from motoneko...

hmmmmm

Anthony
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to totnac  
Unread
  (#3)
AMSOIL/NGK Dealer

May 17, 2007, 10:47 AM

Sree (Owner) is a great guy and business man. I pretty much buy all of my parts/accessories through him. Motoneko will take good care of you!

CCS #133 AM

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to www.dc-moto.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to DC-MOTO Send a message via AIM to DC-MOTO