DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 562
6 members and 556 guests
Dark, davidcycle, dubplaya, HenryW, Scot, tonetone
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net
DCSportbikes.net

DCSportbikes.net (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/)
-   Riding Gear and Apparel (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f48/)
-   -   Suit Sizing Question - Need Help (http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f48/suit-sizing-question-need-help-42251/)

Castle September 17, 2008 12:44 PM

Suit Sizing Question - Need Help

So I'm looking to pick up a suit, either new or used, but I can't find any place that's local to go try on some different sizes.

I would consider myself to be average build. 5'10" & 185 lbs. Pant sizes, I usually wear a 34/31 and in jackets, I wear a 44.

If anyone is similar in size to me and would let me try on their suit, that would be great.

Otherwise, after doing some research here and on the WERA board, I think I might be either a 44 or 46, but not sure.

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

AzPit September 17, 2008 12:55 PM

Im 5'10, 190...I bought a AGVsport 2 piece size 44 and it was JUST a bit too small. Standing, it felt good, riding, felt horrible. I went back to their warehouse, and got a 46...and it worked out great! Figure youre going to be wearing under armour or boxers shirt etc under it too to help fill it out just a bit if its not just right. Good luck

Edit: youre free to come by and try mine on when ever you want

windsorfox September 17, 2008 07:54 PM

I'm a similar build, you're probably a 44. But a bit of warning: sizing varies by manufacturer. Sometimes by a little. Sometimes by a lot. So you should always either try it on first, or buy from a place with a friendly return policy.

Castle January 2, 2009 02:18 PM

:bump:

I'm still looking to pick up a 1 piece for the upcoming season. If all goes well, I'll be on the track for some trackdays.

AzPit, is the offer still open for me to come by and try on your leathers? I'm torn between a 44 and 46.

I've got a lead on some almost brand new MotoGP Titaniums size 44 for a great price. I'm just worries about forking over $500 and not having them fit right.

If anyone else has size 44 or 46 leathers and would be willing to let me try them on, I'd be forever grateful!

Cloaca January 2, 2009 02:19 PM

I swear on my life...I thought you were talking about an actual suit...not leathers. :lol:

Dirty January 2, 2009 02:20 PM

chris i got a few suits come on over i have 1 for sale for cheap

Jaxxx January 2, 2009 02:23 PM

I'm about as tall as you and just fatter... Mine is AVG size 46, 44 may be too short for you. Then again, depends on the manufacturer.

Castle January 2, 2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody (Post 673990)
I swear on my life...I thought you were talking about an actual suit...not leathers. :lol:

Were you ready to offer up your haberdasher services?? :lol:

SLOride January 2, 2009 02:33 PM

I thought he was talkin' about a Suit also.

I'm thinking.. Burlington Coat Factory dude.. come on.

steele11 January 2, 2009 02:34 PM

I've got a brand new Alpinestars Octane 1 piece suit size 46 that fits perfect and you are more than welcome to try. I'm 6' 185lbs.

nrcooled January 2, 2009 02:37 PM

I wear a 48 and I'm 6'0" 220 if that helps

You sound like a 44 but it depends on if you have to fit the suit around a particular feature of yours. If you have a significant belly/longer arms/shorter inseam/etc. then you will either have to fit around the feature or get a custom suit.

Call up the guys at sportbiketrackgear.com and they will answer all your questions. Good guys to work with and they'll be able to help figure it out.

Cloaca January 2, 2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLOride (Post 673998)
I thought he was talkin' about a Suit also.

I'm thinking.. Burlington Coat Factory dude.. come on.

Dude seriously....BCF was the first thing I thought too. :lol:

I couldn't figure out why he'd ask guys on the WERA board about suits.

Castle January 2, 2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steele11 (Post 673999)
I've got a brand new Alpinestars Octane 1 piece suit size 46 that fits perfect and you are more than welcome to try. I'm 6' 185lbs.

You've only got about an inch or two of height on me. You going to be around this weekend? Maybe even tomorrow afternoon?

Oneway January 2, 2009 02:58 PM

an inch or 2 goes a long way when dealing with leathers..especially if you hope to have them save your hide.

my joe rocket jacket is a 44 and fits perfectly...and i'm ur size..but i think i'm going to go with a size 46 only cuz i have bigger thighs and kaboos...(track / football)

have you tried going to Coleman's to get fitted or try some on? I know Motoneko will be more than happy to size you and let you try some on...granted they are up near B-more though....

steele11 January 2, 2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle228 (Post 674003)
You've only got about an inch or two of height on me. You going to be around this weekend? Maybe even tomorrow afternoon?

Yeah I've got no plans. I'll be home all weekend unless the temps rise 20 degrees. :) I'll pm you my # and address.