DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 614
3 members and 611 guests
2blueyam, GRN96WS6, Nobrains
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

January 10, 2003, 12:30 PM

I need a suit, I want a 2 piece. I'm tall and lanky, 6'4" and about 190. 46" chest. Anyone know what off-the-shelf suits would fit me? Teknic seems to run tall I think, but not sure. Any ideas? Thanks

I refuse to tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

January 10, 2003, 12:39 PM

Why "off the shelf"? Do you need it tomorrow?

I have a two piece Aerostich Roadcrafter ... They may already have one cut for your size or you can specify the sizes and colors and wait about 3 weeks ... I like the 'stich.
Unread
  (#3)

January 10, 2003, 12:44 PM

Off the shelf because I don't want to spend much more than $600. I'm assuming custom suits will run a good bit more. If I can't find an off-the-shelf that fits, I guess I will eventually get a custom made, but I was just wonsering if there were any out there that'd fit me so I don't have to go through the trouble and extra expense.

Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

January 11, 2003, 10:15 AM

Hey DC I am 6'5" and picked up a Teknic Chicane jacket at my local dealer for $160. It fits better than most of the jackets I have tried on. Although I normally wear a 52/2X I had to go with a 54/3X because of my arm length. The only problem I have is that when standing it looks a little wide through the back, but this makes it a little more comfortable when stretched out on the bike. I an getting ready to order a pair of the Teknic pants to go with it..............I will let ya know how they work out.

People sleep peacably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
2004 R1
2002 CBR954RR
2002 CR250R
1991 KX500
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YUSOSLO Send a message via MSN to YUSOSLO  
Unread
  (#5)

January 13, 2003, 02:17 PM

Re: Teknic

I've read that the Teknics are cut for taller people (except for the "Lightning"). The Chicane looks like a decent suit, but I'd rather wear cow than goat. I've seen the Teknic Violator suits for around $500-$550. I've got a pair of the violator gloves, and I think the quality is pretty good, so I may go with the violator suit. Looking at 2 pc suits, this would be a good choice as it has a 360 degree zipper making it race legal. Anyway, thanks for the response, reinforcing what I've heard about Teknic sizing!