DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 507
0 members and 507 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Summer Street pants... suggestions?
Unread
  (#1)
DCSB.net NC division

Summer Street pants... suggestions? - August 4, 2006, 09:17 AM

Would prefer a pair with armour for both knees and hips, but wondering if anyone has input. I have hand-me-down full winter/foul weather gear, so im looking for something better than jeans for summer.Oh, and I have a big ass

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#2)
B
It goes to 11.

August 4, 2006, 09:33 AM

I wear shorts... Im thinking about modding some teenage mutant ninja turtle kneepucks on though...

We do what we want.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.

Last edited by B; August 4, 2006 at 09:39 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#3)
DCSB.net NC division

August 4, 2006, 09:57 AM

how about some tighty whities and a pair of these:

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#4)
B
It goes to 11.

August 4, 2006, 10:02 AM

ewwww... I like how you think.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Unread
  (#5)
Put yo mouth on the curb!

August 4, 2006, 10:08 AM

I have some aplinestars mesh pants that i use. They have padding in the knees and I think the hips as well but no CE armor.

Greg

2003 SV650
1990 FZR 400 - Sold

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
B
It goes to 11.

August 4, 2006, 10:10 AM

He also sweats his BALLS off everywhere we go. You have to find your own balance of safety vs comfort. Some people go more extream one way or the other.

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#7)
Put yo mouth on the curb!

August 4, 2006, 10:31 AM

Well with just shorts on underneath them, they breath better than jeans I think. But yeah i was a lil toasty yesterday but I'll take it for a bit of extra safety.

Greg

2003 SV650
1990 FZR 400 - Sold

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
B
It goes to 11.

August 4, 2006, 10:42 AM

and the sweaty balls , of course... hawt!

SV650s for SALE!!!

Unread
  (#9)
Agitator

August 4, 2006, 10:53 AM

Draggin jeans maybe?
no armor, but kevlar inside on all the rub points...if you want more armor, you could get the pads you can wear under jeans...or some knee pads or something

-m

Marc
CCS Amateur #851
2001 Ducati 850RS
2006 SV650 Racebike
2010 CBR1000RR

...and because sometimes you want to go fast, but need 4 wheels:
2009 Nissan GT-R
2003 Nissan 350Z (for sale, $11k OBO)
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to birdman  
Unread
  (#10)
DCSB.net NC division

August 4, 2006, 10:57 AM

yeah nothin like getting that slip-n-slide effect going on the seat... you should market that swap ass bonus to racers for easier movement through esses

anyways, back on track here... what about the JoeRocket balistic cargo pants? or something that i can cover work wear with like the Firstgear ones that zipper down the sides. Im thinking they arent as ventilated?

Unread
  (#11)
DCSB.net NC division

August 4, 2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston-birdman
Draggin jeans maybe?
no armor, but kevlar inside on all the rub points...if you want more armor, you could get the pads you can wear under jeans...or some knee pads or something

-m
checkin out pictures in google, they dont look too bad.. i think i'd like to be able to wear them over other clothes if needed though. like if i wanted to go downtown i'd have to lug a change of pants with me, that type of thing

Unread
  (#12)
I got dis!

August 4, 2006, 11:07 AM

I have the A-Stars cargo pants, and while they do get quite a bit warm I will trade that off for the armor on the inside. If you get the right size they will fit over work clothes as well, but that's bound to get plenty hot on days like we've had this week.

- Matt

Quoted from AIM. A conversation with Dwight about him and Ben.
"cpsdwight: i couldnt believe that i was keeping him up"

Harvey - "I can't date fat chicks man, there's just too much material there. Someone's gotta be thin in the relationship and it's obviously not me."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnfiend Send a message via AIM to Drgnfiend