DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
0 members and 547 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
What's today? aah fuck it

October 6, 2004, 11:35 PM

I've been looking for a 1 piece suit for TDs and I've found what I want:

http://www.newenough.com/teknic_ligh..._suit_page.htm
or
http://www.newenough.com/teknic_2003..._suit_page.htm

The problem is I have no idea what size I need. I'm 6"4', 170lbs. I'm doing Summit TD this monday (oct. 11) and I need to find a 1 piece ASAP. If anyone would be kind enough to lend me theirs for one day, I'd greatly appreciate it. That's if they fit....and of course, if I wreck in it, I'll pay you however much they are worth.

Hope I can find something
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 7, 2004, 07:24 AM

YO 44 should be good for you... by the way nice suits I might have to get another one prices look good!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#3)

October 7, 2004, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbike2
What size waist are you? I might have a 2 piece that can fit
Adrian, I wear sizes 34/36/or even 38 waist.
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

October 7, 2004, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico0920
YO 44 should be good for you... by the way nice suits I might have to get another one prices look good!!
He is 6'4...I doubt a 44 will work for him heightwise. I have the lightning in a 48 and I am 6'3 and it still isn't terribly comfy fully upright (not that it should be).

I don't think very much will fit you off the shelf Amer and 2 pc may be the way to go. Anything that is tall enough will be baggy elsewhere. Now go eat you skinny bastard

I know I wasn't doing 205 your honor, because my bike topped out at 145 last week......" *pauses* "I need NAWS."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onenamlynn Send a message via AIM to onenamlynn  
Unread
  (#5)
Licensed Rider

October 7, 2004, 07:54 AM

actually thats not necessarily true derek. the american cut suits are made that way. but the euro suits like spidi are cut much better for a skinny dude.

amer...if you need it you can borrow my 2 piece since it has already been crash tested twice, i wouldnt mind as long as you dont put a hole in the shit.
Unread
  (#6)

October 7, 2004, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenamlynn
I don't think very much will fit you off the shelf Amer and 2 pc may be the way to go. Anything that is tall enough will be baggy elsewhere. Now go eat you skinny bastard
Yea, I know that too well. It was hard finding a leather jacket, when I finally got something that fit my long arms, I had enough room in mid-section to shoplift an entire isle.
Unread
  (#7)

October 7, 2004, 08:00 AM

Dink, that's awesome!!! I owe you man! Like I said, if I wreck in it, I'll pay you however much you think its worth. I just hope it fits better than the one I tried on last night....don't ask!
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

October 7, 2004, 08:06 AM

it may be a little floppy here and there(its a joe rocket speedmaster 2pc), but i figure you are but 2 inches taller and most of that extra length seems to be in the legs...i dont see why it wouldnt fit.
its funny i never realized that my jacket fit a little loose around my arms until i was flyin down the straight at 150-160... FLAP FLAP FLAP...just consider it a friendly reminder to TUCK.
Unread
  (#9)
Knee Draggin!

October 7, 2004, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6dink
actually thats not necessarily true derek. the american cut suits are made that way. but the euro suits like spidi are cut much better for a skinny dude.

amer...if you need it you can borrow my 2 piece since it has already been crash tested twice, i wouldnt mind as long as you dont put a hole in the sh*t.
Amer, I stand corrected. Go buy a Euro suit....you skinny bastard...and a hamburger wouldn't kill you either

Screw you skinny phuckers

I know I wasn't doing 205 your honor, because my bike topped out at 145 last week......" *pauses* "I need NAWS."
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to onenamlynn Send a message via AIM to onenamlynn  
Unread
  (#10)
Licensed Rider

October 7, 2004, 08:24 AM

Quote:

don't hate. but yeah i have a spidi suit...fits like a glove.

that one aint a loaner.

Unread
  (#11)
Knee Draggin!

October 7, 2004, 08:39 AM

Mine fits like a glove too! Ever heard the saying 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag?

Unread
  (#12)

October 7, 2004, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Amer, I stand corrected. Go buy a Euro suit....you skinny bastard...and a hamburger wouldn't kill you either

What's all this anger? Did your team loose again?

I wouldn't mind having a hamburger or two as long as you're paying.
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

October 7, 2004, 09:58 AM

big difference between fitting like a glove and fitting like spandex when sweatin to the oldies!

Quote:
Mine fits like a glove too! Ever heard the saying 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag?
Unread
  (#14)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 7, 2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:

amer...if you need it you can borrow my 2 piece since it has already been crash tested twice, i wouldnt mind as long as you dont put a hole in the sh*t.

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#15)
Knee Draggin!

October 7, 2004, 10:50 AM

Quote:
big difference between fitting like a glove and fitting like spandex when sweatin to the oldies!

My shit is all kinds of Richard Simmons tight, but what is a guy to do. First suit and it was a gamble. As long as I am mobile it should do for the day and maybe one more TD this season. Since I was the lucky winner of the JR jacket Tuesday I already have 1./2 of a speedmaster 2 piece

Maybe I should sport some bootie shorts and a tank top under the leathers to complete the look.