DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 579
5 members and 574 guests
2blueyam, 2wheelin, davidcycle, GRN96WS6, HenryW
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Where to get womens boots?
Unread
  (#1)
Herndon's Finest

Where to get womens boots? - April 3, 2008, 07:06 PM

The girlfriend needs to get a new pair of boots. Who has a decent selection of womens boots that we can go look at?

Thanks

Jim

03 Subaru Legacy wagon
08 Subaru Tribeca Limited
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to J.R.  
Unread
  (#2)
running on liquid crazy.

April 3, 2008, 10:57 PM

It's hard to have a women's selection to 'look' at for any shop unless they are huge shop. You can try Coleman Powersports...maybe they may have a 'decent' women's selection. I highly suggest SIDI boots-- I race and I think they are great. You don't necessarily have to get the race style, either-- there are different levels. Come to our shop RnR Cycles, in Sterling and we will be happy to talk with you and show you some choices... from a catalog. Unfortunately, we'd have to order the boots and then you'd have to try them on, at least for now. SIDI, and some others, will allow returns, but some charge 20% restocking fee.

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
noise

April 3, 2008, 11:51 PM

Selling my wife's boots barely used... SIDI Vertebrae race boots FOR SALE

another board member's boots

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/sh...d=1#post547657

"Love is love and family is what is around you and who is in your immediate sphere."

Last edited by static; April 4, 2008 at 12:29 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

April 4, 2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesasse1
It's hard to have a women's selection to 'look' at for any shop unless they are huge shop. You can try Coleman Powersports...maybe they may have a 'decent' women's selection. I highly suggest SIDI boots-- I race and I think they are great. You don't necessarily have to get the race style, either-- there are different levels. Come to our shop RnR Cycles, in Sterling and we will be happy to talk with you and show you some choices... from a catalog. Unfortunately, we'd have to order the boots and then you'd have to try them on, at least for now. SIDI, and some others, will allow returns, but some charge 20% restocking fee.
Does this mean you may actually start stocking womens gear? I think that would be great! It is a PITA to find gear for Kim. Sure it can be ordered. To be able to go to a shop and see it, touch it, try it on and buy then and there would be great.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
GP Champ

April 4, 2008, 07:44 AM

try newenough.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Stinky:
Im so excited im about to pre-blast in my pants.....then....it hits me...
I smell her arm pits and i damn near threw up!!!!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to hfam95 Send a message via AIM to hfam95  
Unread
  (#6)
Tough guy

April 4, 2008, 07:53 AM

I talked to the Sidi folks one day and the only true ladies boot Sidi makes is the Jasmine. Sidi markets the B2 to women but if u look at the catalog the Mens and Womens are identical in size and part #.

Focus your attention to only the Euro size...otherwise u will be confused! Find the correct Euro size for her and any boot will fit!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
It's all about the Benjamin's
Unread
  (#7)
running on liquid crazy.

It's all about the Benjamin's - April 4, 2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
Does this mean you may actually start stocking womens gear? I think that would be great! It is a PITA to find gear for Kim. Sure it can be ordered. To be able to go to a shop and see it, touch it, try it on and buy then and there would be great.
There is what is now and what I would like RnR Cycles to be able to do. Yeah, certainly, as a woman and rider, I think it would be nice to have some of this stuff in stock. Especially in my size. (Too bad my feet are too big for the average ladies boot.) It will just take us a little time to get there...

the one and only...
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Ling Long

April 4, 2008, 02:40 PM

www.motonation.com

U
C
Lots of
Asians
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to YaoMatt Send a message via AIM to YaoMatt Send a message via MSN to YaoMatt  
Unread
  (#9)
Herndon's Finest

April 4, 2008, 03:48 PM

I'll pass all the suggestions on to her. I told her to go to Colemans, but she doesn't want to go without me...in case she gets lost.

Anyway...thanks for the suggestions.

Jim

03 Subaru Legacy wagon
08 Subaru Tribeca Limited
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to J.R.  
Unread
  (#10)
God Made Me Wrong

April 4, 2008, 04:03 PM

I got my Sidi Vertigo's from Battley's in MD. They aren't specifically women's riding boots, but I was rather happy that they had the men's sizes small enough to try on to see what fit best. I do remember them having women's boots there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesasse1
There is what is now and what I would like RnR Cycles to be able to do. Yeah, certainly, as a woman and rider, I think it would be nice to have some of this stuff in stock. Especially in my size. (Too bad my feet are too big for the average ladies boot.) It will just take us a little time to get there...
I think that is one of the most popular questions that women riders (or women that want to ride) ask is where do I go for gear? So few places carry a quarter of the variety that they do of men's stuff. It'd be pretty badass to have a shop around that doesn't necessarily cater to women's gear, but has a wider selection than the majority of places. As a woman, a racer, and a shop owner, I think you guys at RnR have a unique opportunity in that area...once you are able to get there, as you said.

"Always question those who are certain of what they are saying." - Elie Wiesel

When the time comes to leave, just walk away quietly and don't make any fuss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfinch
Why does SnoopDogg carry an umbrella?...Fo' drizzle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper
Stop putting shit in my papusa!
When people I don't even know don't like me, I figure I'm doing something right.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Bexxx Send a message via AIM to Bexxx