DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 194
7 members and 187 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya, gvr4wd, Sal_the_man, Scot, Slider, tpadden
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Women's Rev'It Allure Jacket
Unread
  (#1)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

Women's Rev'It Allure Jacket - February 11, 2014, 01:20 PM

Since I am still working my way to 5 posts I figure I'll try and make these next few productive:

So a few months ago I bought the Rev'it Allure jacket on Ebay (it's an older model but I'm bringin' it back here folks!) brand new. Unfortunately, I don't have any action shots of it because... well... I'm usually trying to manipulate the clip-ons and the controls on my bike, so I don't have the resources to snap a pic. Either way, it's a great jacket. I've always really liked their products and the leather is decent quality (as I'm sure many of you know).

I do like that for someone who is vertically challenged (such as my self, measuring up at a whopping 5'6"), they make their pants in multiple size options.

Anyway, it's a great jacket but my only issues with it are:

1. Finding aftermarket insertable armor that fits is a bitch. And honestly, I'm just not going to go through the extra work of finagling all of the straps for my track protector.

2. It sits a little high in the shoulders but this eliminates itself when I'm hanging off the bike and the jacket is zipped to the pants.

Otherwise, it was pretty much a steal.

About as close to an action shot as you're gonna get until I get a GoPro or a little midget to sit on the back of the bike.

This jacket gets the Mayhem stamp of approval.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

February 11, 2014, 02:11 PM

Try this company. I use their stuff and it works great and a lot of shapes and sizes.

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
Unread
  (#3)
Signed up for Track Days!

February 11, 2014, 08:56 PM

Not sure how old that jacket is, but I agree up until recently REV'IT hasn't had good options for back protector inserts (I have three of their suits). All you have is that smallish pocket in inner mesh that only covers your upper back. Their newer jackets (I know this doesn't help you) have much better back protector insert options. They also purchased Tryonic which makes back protectors you put on with straps, and maybe they are leveraging their research to make better back protector inserts.

dodge131 is on a good trail (as he should be, he rides supermotos), as Forcefield has a series of inserts that I believe are compatible with REV'IT. I'm guessing "size 001" would be compatible with your jacket if the pocket is the same size as the jackets they've released over the past couple years (excluding their latest round of jackets which have deeper pockets).

Forcefield BackPad Insert Pro - RevZilla
Unread
  (#4)
No more 1050 :(

February 11, 2014, 09:50 PM

Forcefield makes good shit. I've crashed in mine a couple times- one time hard, snapping the frame in 3 places. It does the job- I rode a friend's bike home.

I wouldn't call 5'6 short for a lady though.. I think that's about average. There are more than a couple guys here shorter than you.
Unread
  (#5)
Groping is a skill...

February 11, 2014, 10:11 PM

I guess I'm a bit confused. I always wore an alpinestar back protector inside my old RevIt suit, especially at the track. The one time I didn't wear it because it was 110 air temps at the track I cracked 4 ribs on my back and the suit was cut off me

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -

Last edited by turkishexpress; February 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)

February 11, 2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishexpress View Post
I guess I'm a bit confused. I always wore an alpinestar back protector inside my suit, especially at the track. The one time I didn't wear it because it was 110 air temps at the track I cracked 4 ribs on my back
I prefer this style instead of the drop in back protectors, but she said in the original post that she doesn't wanna mess with the straps every time... I usually just leave it on at stops, unless I'm staying for a while.

Unread
  (#7)

February 11, 2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz1050 View Post
I usually just leave it on at stops, unless I'm staying for a while.
I do the same. Plus I like having the ability to have a chest protector attached. Not all suits have a chest protector pocket. I have the Dainese Thorax Wave Pro, which is aluminum and slimmer, but it's basically a "use once" if it experiences any impact from a crash due to the honeycomb crumple zone under the aluminum panels. The Forcefield can be used more than once in most cases from what I've read.
Unread
  (#8)

February 11, 2014, 10:47 PM

Unless I'm a special case, it can definitely be used more than once..

My Momma did always say I was special...
Unread
  (#9)

February 11, 2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
My Momma did always say I was special...
Is that why you always have a helmet on even when you're not riding?
Unread
  (#10)
Groping is a skill...

February 11, 2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
I prefer this style instead of the drop in back protectors, but she said in the original post that she doesn't wanna mess with the straps every time... I usually just leave it on at stops, unless I'm staying for a while.

I got one of those too. Mine is a bit thicker though. Especially the chest piece. I wear that one on the street mostly under my XXXXL Icon jacket

2015 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
2013 Victory Vision Tour
K7 Gixxer 600 - Track Only
RnR Cycles Touched & Tuned

I grope suckaz!!! -
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#11)
Railing!

February 12, 2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:

+++ on Forcefield stuff, but I wouldn't recommend the Harness Flite for her application. She'd be better getting the Pro Shirt in XS. US retailers generally don't carry it anymore, but they can special order it for you.

No straps, and you can use it on track/dirt too. Armor is removeable and shirt is machine washable. You don't get as much lumbar support or kidney protection, but the comfort/convenience is higher.
Unread
  (#12)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

April 7, 2014, 08:25 PM

Easiest would be to wear an armored jacket/shirt under it... or find someone that sews to sew the armored shirt right into the jacket.