DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 148
2 members and 146 guests
2blueyam, MPSniper
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Riding Gear and Apparel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Your Winter Riding Gear
Unread
  (#1)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

Your Winter Riding Gear - January 10, 2007, 09:40 AM

OK I want to know what kind of gear you use while riding in the winter months? I use Under Armour coldgear Headsoc,socks,shirt and pant. Joe rocket Ballistic with liner jacket, First Gear pants with liner, Gaerne Explorer boots and just got my Held Ice Breaker gloves. I am doing this so if someone needs winter riding gear they can do a search and check this thread out for info! Also say what temps you ride at. I will ride till it hits 10 degs then I call it quits for saftey reasons.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Contributes nothing

January 10, 2007, 10:00 AM

cold gear shirt and leggings, joe rocket ballistic 6.0 jacket and 5.0 pants, Cold killers hood, olympia 4650 gloves, and my normal oxtar boots w/ snowboarding socks keep my feet plenty warm

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#3)
Dressed for Success

January 10, 2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge131
Under Armour coldgear Headsoc
+1, worth it's weight in gold. I was skeptical that something so thin could keep me warm, but it keeps all the air off of your neck, face, and head.

Quote:
First Gear pants with liner
+1 (Except without the liner - don't usually notice a difference)

Sidi's boots with just normal socks. Never had my feet feel uncomfortably cold.

Firstgear jacket without the liner (with cheap zip-up fleece jacket underneath). I'm thinking about buying the Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket because it is a 3/4 length instead of the regular jacket that I'm wearing now.

Joe Rocket Insulated gloves. Still comfortable down to 35, after that you might notice your fingers getting a bit numb.

That's it, except that I finally picked up a top-end helmet for comfort reasons (Shoei). My HJC had vents in the back that did not close (allowing air to rush over your eyes). The Shoei also has a chin curtain that keeps the air out of the helmet. I highly recommend this helmet for cold weather.

I'm not sure if I'll go much lower than 15~20 degrees. But we shouldn't see too much of that in this area.
Unread
  (#4)
Pleased to meet me

January 10, 2007, 10:22 AM

1. Aerostich Darien jacket and pants
2. Aerostich electric vest
3. A head scarf thing under my helmet and around my neck. I don't know how to spell the name of it
4. Battery powered gloves or heated grips(on the KTM)
Unread
  (#5)
TEAM.SUKUZI

January 10, 2007, 10:53 AM

im a pussy i dont ride in winter, i spend it having sex~

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#6)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

January 10, 2007, 10:57 AM

ski pants (with elastic ankles)
sweater
Fieldsheer Jacket with liner
2 pairs of socks (though probably overkill, but good for longer rides)
Sidi boots.
2 pairs of gloves (thin "undergloves" and heavy, fluffy, motorcycle gloves)
scarf, balaclava (head + neck cover) if I can find it, usually I can't.

Plus some of those chemical heat packs if I can find them. No electricity (yet).

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.
Unread
  (#7)
DCSB.net NC division

January 10, 2007, 11:09 AM

Firstgear Kilamanjaro 2 piece suit w/ fleece liner in the jacket. polypropolene neck sock that i can pull up like a ninja.
Last time i rode it was ~30 and it was pretty slippery on summer tires even riding smoothly. Im probably done for the season.

Maybe next year i'll have a BMW or something fun to ride year round

just an FYI, im selling the suit i have if anyones interested. Its too tall for me.

'04 CBR1000RR and lots of Volvos (and now a new Tundra for hauling them around when they all break)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to boostdemon Send a message via Yahoo to boostdemon Send a message via AIM to boostdemon Send a message via MSN to boostdemon  
Unread
  (#8)
Retired to most ...

January 10, 2007, 11:14 AM

Cold Weather Gear
nuff said

God Speed Jeff! You'll never be forgotten.

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to JohnnySpeed1KRR  
Unread
  (#9)
Dressed for Success

January 10, 2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdemon
just an FYI, im selling the suit i have if anyones interested. Its too tall for me.
I'm interested in the Kilimanjaro jacket. Is it the version 2, 3, or 4? Size? Price?
Unread
  (#10)
Retired to most ...

January 10, 2007, 12:45 PM

Point of interest!!

I bought these just before it started getting cold ............

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master...loves_page.htm

So far they have been bad ass! Got caught in the rain once or twice and they are full water proof! Lowest temp I've tested in so far is 28 - 30 and they have been great. Only part that kinda sucked was breaking them in because they are pretty stiff and limit your control for a little bit. Easy way around that is to just wear them around the house for a few days and work them or as Devious suggested .. go rack leaves or shovel snow or something!!!

BOOSTZX3 : in all seriousness head injuries ain't no joke. I've had around 10 concussions and now I ride a Buell Don't let it happen to you!
Unread
  (#11)
Que se jodan!!

January 10, 2007, 01:29 PM

A car. With a heater.

Whisper
"Speak quietly and carry a big stick."
2014 BMW S1000RR
2006 GSXR 1000 - Street (Sold)
2005 GSXR 1000 - Track (Sold - I hate you, Paul)
2010 YZ250F -Motocross in Mexico (I still hate Yamahas)

Men are qualified for civil liberties in exact proportion to their disposition to put moral chains upon their appetites: in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity...Society cannot exist, unless a controlling power upon will and appetite be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters. ~Edmund Burke, Political Theorist and Philosopher

Some of us are lions, but even lions can be crushed under the elephant of bad management.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Whisper  
Unread
  (#12)
( * )|( * )

January 10, 2007, 02:09 PM

Fieldsheer jacket/weather-proof gloves (gortex), head sock, regular sidi boots, jeans or leathers with long-johns.

The DRZ does a good job of shielding my legs so they really don't get cold.

As other said though...the headsock is golden!

Temps? As long as I have time to ride I'll get out...and what I take out R6 vs DRZ

I did get caught in the snow once on my R6 with dunlop 208's...that was "interesting" but I kept the bike from falling (and it wanted to fall trust me )

Chris
2008 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Last edited by deviousR6; January 10, 2007 at 02:11 PM..
Unread
  (#13)
GP Champ

January 10, 2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
OK I want to know what kind of gear you use while riding in the winter months? I use Under Armour coldgear Headsoc,socks,shirt and pant. Joe rocket Ballistic with liner jacket, First Gear pants with liner, Gaerne Explorer boots and just got my Held Ice Breaker gloves. I am doing this so if someone needs winter riding gear they can do a search and check this thread out for info! Also say what temps you ride at. I will ride till it hits 10 degs then I call it quits for saftey reasons.
After all the shit you give people here you posted yet another winter gear thread.

I would like to know what you think of the gloves. I am looking for something between my Racer Gore-Tex and Olympia cold weather. Gerbings heated glove are good but bulky and surprisingly water resistant.
Unread
  (#14)
Retired to most ...

January 10, 2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space
After all the shit you give people here you posted yet another winter gear thread.

I would like to know what you think of the gloves. I am looking for something between my Racer Gore-Tex and Olympia cold weather. Gerbings heated glove are good but bulky and surprisingly water resistant.
http://www.newenough.com/tour_master...loves_page.htm

FTW!!!

Unread
  (#15)
#47 GODSPEED BAMBAM

January 10, 2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space

Hey type in "Winter Gear" in the search and see what happens!! Zero came up even though one did get started on Oct 2006. I wanted a thread to come up and give people advice so stuff it! BTW the gloves are 1st rate for protection for winter gloves. I rode with them today in 25 to 30 deg temp and they seam to work. I really need to test them in rain.

www.RnRcycles.com

Home of RNR Repsol Racing.

Missing all my fallen friends and family! If Life Was Easy Then Everyone Would Do It!