DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Sportbike Pictures and Vids

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#31)
GP Champ

March 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

Meh wasn't the Cops fault. Cop must have had COLD tires!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#32)
GP Racer

March 2, 2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
seriously? Riding on the edge of the road like he was makes him WAY less visible to other drivers. He was practically off of the road.

at 0:27, it also appears that there is 20 yards between the accord and his bike, which was also coming over VERY slowly. No need to slam his brakes.

Not arguing it was the cops fault, but the rider wasn't innocent either. Almost seemed like one of those rear end set-ups to me
I'm not saying he's a great rider. We all know that you should be riding to the left or right inside of a lane because the center is the worst place to be. In the right lane, it's probably going to be safer to be on the right side, which is where he was. Granted, he was a few inches further over to the right than most experienced riders would probably be if they were in the right part of the lane, but that's okay. That doesn't make him a "douchebag."

I agree that there was a large space between himself and the Accord. I certainly wouldn't be accelerating to see if the Accord decides to accelerate nor would I have slammed on my brakes. But a new rider might, and that's okay. That's what safe following distances are for.

-Nate
'13 HP4
'12 Hayabusa
Unread
  (#33)
.com's Resident Handyman

March 2, 2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
I'm not saying he's a great rider. We all know that you should be riding to the left or right inside of a lane because the center is the worst place to be. In the right lane, it's probably going to be safer to be on the right side, which is where he was. Granted, he was a few inches further over to the right than most experienced riders would probably be if they were in the right part of the lane, but that's okay. That doesn't make him a "douchebag."

I agree that there was a large space between himself and the Accord. I certainly wouldn't be accelerating to see if the Accord decides to accelerate nor would I have slammed on my brakes. But a new rider might, and that's okay. That's what safe following distances are for.
+1 and well said.

2005 Yamaha YZ250f
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
My wife wants to get LASIK or a boob job

She asked my opinion

I told her I have no vested interest in making her eyesight better
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex View Post
Im not really fast enough to notice a difference between tires. I buy the kind thats black and made out of rubber.
Unread
  (#34)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

March 2, 2013, 03:58 PM

Meh i dont know that him ridng the edge made him any less visible then him riding a little bit more to the left...the only reason ibwouldnt ride that close to the edge is due to debreee...
Unread
  (#35)
2 wheels for life

March 2, 2013, 08:33 PM

Is the motorcyle guy from canada .. how is he so calm lol

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#36)
All weather rider

March 2, 2013, 09:06 PM

The officer looks like Harvey Keitel... maybe he was channeling The Bad Lieutenant.

Last edited by phogroian; March 2, 2013 at 09:08 PM..
Unread
  (#37)
what? me worry?

March 3, 2013, 01:41 PM

. . . and the cop told him "the law is you should be riding with the traffic, up there" pointing away up the lane. Also said he "couldn't stop that fast". That says to me he doesn't know what a safe following distance is for a motor vehicle no matter how many wheels it has.

Doesn't matter why you rear-end any vehicle, it's always the striking driver's fault even if someone hits you from behind and pushes you into the vehicle in front of you.

I would have got off the bike to make sure my camera picked up the cruiser with it's number and the cop's badge, taken the tickets and called a lawyer.

Anybody dumb enough to handle that situation that way is too dumb to be carrying a gun.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam!

Every bike that passed my house made me look out the window like a dog wanting to go run and play - RobMoore

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#38)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 3, 2013, 01:43 PM

Cops fault, IMO.

Weird riding aside, it's the following vehicle's responsibility to maintain an adequate following distance.

-Fitz

Decreasing Radius - Musings on Motorcycling

Support the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America!

2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange
2012 V-Strom 1000 Adventure
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too hot to ride" are coming...
Unread
  (#39)
SWIPER NO SIDESWIPING

March 3, 2013, 02:55 PM

I can't believe the level of mistrust in this thread. Who are any of you to question the sound judgment of a law enforcement official?

14 Husky 300
13 KTM 200

Twin 2T panty removal systems.

Bannings: 2
Thread removals: 2 - The pussification continues.
Abuse of police powers: 0
Unread
  (#40)
Disturbed is who I be

March 3, 2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
. . . and the cop told him "the law is you should be riding with the traffic, up there" pointing away up the lane. Also said he "couldn't stop that fast". That says to me he doesn't know what a safe following distance is for a motor vehicle no matter how many wheels it has.

Doesn't matter why you rear-end any vehicle, it's always the striking driver's fault even if someone hits you from behind and pushes you into the vehicle in front of you.

I would have got off the bike to make sure my camera picked up the cruiser with it's number and the cop's badge, taken the tickets and called a lawyer.

Anybody dumb enough to handle that situation that way is too dumb to be carrying a gun.
LOL....well said, looked at all 3 pages to this thread and you were the only one that mentioned what the cop said as far as keeping up with traffic. Cop is dead wrong, notice how his demeanor changed when dude wanted to go on about his business? Hell he even got a hand shake

Rider was a complete pussy...

IMO...rider should have recieved his "shit load of tickets" and called a lawyer ASAP

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
Unread
  (#41)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

March 3, 2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagg87t View Post

LOL....well said, looked at all 3 pages to this thread and you were the only one that mentioned what the cop said as far as keeping up with traffic. Cop is dead wrong, notice how his demeanor changed when dude wanted to go on about his business? Hell he even got a hand shake

Rider was a complete pussy...

IMO...rider should have recieved his "shit load of tickets" and called a lawyer ASAP
Or, the rider knew he had everything on camera and knew he did nothing legally wrong so instead of dealing with the hassle of a shit ton of tickets, lawyers, and court cases, he went about his business and is using the video evidence to get the cop his due punishment.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - camelhumps87
Unread
  (#42)
Silence... I keeeel you

March 3, 2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
Or, the rider knew he had everything on camera and knew he did nothing legally wrong so instead of dealing with the hassle of a shit ton of tickets, lawyers, and court cases, he went about his business and is using the video evidence to get the cop his due punishment.

This. As much as we all want to be johhny badass and "get that guy". Escalating the situation on the side of the road carries too many risky variables.

Then again... That's just me.

On the internet... Everyone is an expert.

And now...The dancing Banana:
Unread
  (#43)
Disturbed is who I be

March 3, 2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
Shrugging my shoulders....I guess. The rider is promoting this vid..."Blow this shit up! Metro cop rear ends me, a Las Vegas rider and tries to blame it on myself! WTF?" He's going through all the hassle of posting on youtube.....make your case honestly...ijs

Clearly he has evidence he did nothing wrong. As the cop stated he has it on video too.....I wonder what his footage looks like? Another angle to look at this....maybe the rider was dirty i.e. no license or whatever??? Who knows...but he punked out. If it were me I would've stated he was in the wrong for following too closely and for him to come off like I'm wrong for riding safely is bogus, my safety comes first...so you go ahead and write them shit load of tickets and get your Sgt on the horn cuz buddy I got a case.

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"

Last edited by Zagg87t; March 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM..
Unread
  (#44)
your local PI

March 3, 2013, 11:29 PM

I blame the biker, but I think the cop is wrong for accusing him from the start.
Unread
  (#45)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

March 4, 2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagg87t View Post

Shrugging my shoulders....I guess. The rider is promoting this vid..."Blow this shit up! Metro cop rear ends me, a Las Vegas rider and tries to blame it on myself! WTF?" He's going through all the hassle of posting on youtube.....make your case honestly...ijs

Clearly he has evidence he did nothing wrong. As the cop stated he has it on video too.....I wonder what his footage looks like? Another angle to look at this....maybe the rider was dirty i.e. no license or whatever??? Who knows...but he punked out. If it were me I would've stated he was in the wrong for following too closely and for him to come off like I'm wrong for riding safely is bogus, my safety comes first...so you go ahead and write them shit load of tickets and get your Sgt on the horn cuz buddy I got a case.
So you're seriously willing to go through all the hassle of getting a lawyer and fighting all the tickets?

For what?

Either way this cops just going to get his ass chewed out by a superior. At least the YouTube vid makes it a much more public thing and may cause other cops to think twice before strong arming an innocent person.

If it goes to trial, it's going to remain hush hush and there won't be nearly as many eyes looking for and avoiding this type of behavior.

I see no reason to waste time, and money (time out of work or whatever) for such a small payoff.

You like to video yourself doing horribly illegal things and then promote it publicly. What's wrong with this guy doing nothing illegal and promoting his vid publicly?

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - camelhumps87