DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 244
12 members and 232 guests
a8s0lut0, Baddog, BigDaddyShoo, big_sur, djkouza, drnknmnky13, GRN96WS6, Heist, launchforwards, okayh, Saracen, Southwade
Most users ever online was 919, June 27, 2007 at 03:26 PM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Forums > Sportbike Pictures and Vids

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#46)
Disturbed is who I be

March 4, 2013, 06:31 AM

Lol why are you bringing up old stuff huh? Thats the past

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#47)
GP Racer

March 4, 2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelhumps View Post
I see no reason to waste time, and money (time out of work or whatever) for such a small payoff.

ZERO payoff IMO. Spend time and money to get out of a ticket/tickets you talked yourself into getting by being an ass? Waste of time. I got much better shit to do.

Cop was wrong, got butt hurt, vented, and that is it. @ minutes out of your day and you are on your way. Now had the cop actually written tickets, then it would be a different story.
Unread
  (#48)
what? me worry?

March 4, 2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam@dcsf View Post
. . . and the cop told him "the law is you should be riding with the traffic, up there" pointing away up the lane. Also said he "couldn't stop that fast". That says to me he doesn't know what a safe following distance is for a motor vehicle no matter how many wheels it has.

Doesn't matter why you rear-end any vehicle, it's always the striking driver's fault even if someone hits you from behind and pushes you into the vehicle in front of you.

I would have got off the bike to make sure my camera picked up the cruiser with it's number and the cop's badge, taken the tickets and called a lawyer.

Anybody dumb enough to handle that situation that way is too dumb to be carrying a gun.
Quote:
Or, the rider knew he had everything on camera and knew he did nothing legally wrong so instead of dealing with the hassle of a shit ton of tickets, lawyers, and court cases, he went about his business and is using the video evidence to get the cop his due punishment.
Except that the rider is on both videos admitting fault. He would have to claim, for the record - that he did it under duress, that he was afraid of the cop. Actually not a bad strategy in a suit if his goal is to get the cop removed from the street, if not from the department.

What the cop did qualifies as witness intimidation and tampering. Serious felonies. As far as I know that qualifies as police corruption.

Physics always wins

. . . . so get that helmet cam!

Every bike that passed my house made me look out the window like a dog wanting to go run and play - RobMoore

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am socially disabled so some things do need to be explained to me.

2010 Triumph Bonneville - I love that fucking bike . . . . Om nom nom nom . . .-Fitz
2009 Suzuki TU250 - KBC Sep 2013
2001 Honda Rebel - KBC Mar 2010

http://flexyourrights.org/
Unread
  (#49)
Disturbed is who I be

March 4, 2013, 12:44 PM

^^^^^^
Well said

I'd rather be riding my Bike think'n about God than be in Church think'n about my Bike.

"Da PrOwLeR"
Unread
  (#50)
Disturbed is who I be

March 4, 2013, 11:59 PM

parody/phone interview.....

"Da PrOwLeR"
Unread
  (#51)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

March 8, 2013, 01:59 PM

Police officer in YouTube video placed on paid leave - www.ktnv.com

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - camelhumps87
Unread
  (#52)
Your Ad Here

March 8, 2013, 09:48 PM

I'm probably going to get flamed, but the cop wasn't wrong to be upset.

The motorcycle rider was an idiot for brake checking in the middle of moving traffic. He sped up, which probably made the cop think he was making room for him to come over, and then came to a complete stop!

There was more than enough room for him to continue at a reasonable pace while letting the Accord merge over into the right lane.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#53)
SRWJTS Media and Safety

March 8, 2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
I'm probably going to get flamed, but the cop wasn't wrong to be upset.

The motorcycle rider was an idiot for brake checking in the middle of moving traffic. He sped up, which probably made the cop think he was making room for him to come over, and then came to a complete stop!

There was more than enough room for him to continue at a reasonable pace while letting the Accord merge over into the right lane.
He can be upset all he wants but he doesn't have to be a dick or threaten the guy just so he won't be in trouble for an at fault rear ending.

'04 F4i - Sold
'12 ZX6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nard Dog
I wish there was a way to know you're in the good ol' days, before you've actually left them

XBOX - camelhumps87
Unread
  (#54)
CIG
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

March 8, 2013, 11:43 PM

Damn cop.

He should have been written up.

Regardless, any kind of rear ending is the rear car's fault.

2006 Track Yamaha R6r
2012 Ducati 848 Corse SE
2006 Yamaha R6r
2008 Honda CBR1000rr
2008 Honda CBR600rr
Unread
  (#55)
Your Ad Here

March 8, 2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
He can be upset all he wants but he doesn't have to be a dick or threaten the guy just so he won't be in trouble for an at fault rear ending.
Point noted, but I've had the same thing happen to me so many times on BW, 66, 95 I can't help but to be sympathetic.

I'm driving along, traffic is moderate or even dense. I'm in one lane and want to move to the adjacent lane where there is a car/vehicle slightly ahead but with a car length's gap. That car has at least 20-30ft between itself and the car ahead of it.

As I begin my merge, the car in the adjacent lane for no reason either starts pacing me or rapidly decelerates for no good damn reason, leaving me either to swerve back into my lane, straddle the lanes, or ram the car!

WTF. I want to literally jump out of my car and throttle people who do this.

“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires”.

- Nicolo Machiavelli 1469-1527

Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#56)
Site Owner

March 9, 2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heist View Post
Point noted, but I've had the same thing happen to me so many times on BW, 66, 95 I can't help but to be sympathetic.

I'm driving along, traffic is moderate or even dense. I'm in one lane and want to move to the adjacent lane where there is a car/vehicle slightly ahead but with a car length's gap. That car has at least 20-30ft between itself and the car ahead of it.

As I begin my merge, the car in the adjacent lane for no reason either starts pacing me or rapidly decelerates for no good damn reason, leaving me either to swerve back into my lane, straddle the lanes, or ram the car!

WTF. I want to literally jump out of my car and throttle people who do this.
You are following too closely then. Isn't the rule that you need one car length for every 10 mph you are going?

It sucks that people drive like b-holes like this, but if you hit him its your fault.

Same with the cop. Definitely his fault for rear ending someone then him trying to cover his ass by threatening the driver he rear ended? Mmmmkay.

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#57)
SRWJTS SGT-At-Arms

March 9, 2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post

You are following too closely then. Isn't the rule that you need one car length for every 10 mph you are going?

It sucks that people drive like b-holes like this, but if you hit him its your fault.

Same with the cop. Definitely his fault for rear ending someone then him trying to cover his ass by threatening the driver he rear ended? Mmmmkay.
2 seconds. If you keep 2 seconds or more, you usually will have adequate time to avoid a hazard. Using the two second rule eliminates any distance guesswork. As your speed increases , so does the distance you travel in two seconds

-Fitz

Decreasing Radius - Musings on Motorcycling

Support the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America!

2012 Harley Ultra Limited in Ultra Annoying Orange
2012 V-Strom 1000 Adventure
2009 Buell 1125R Sold!
2005 Superhawk Sold!
2001 Superhawk Abandoned!
1981 CB650C Destroyed!

Brace Yourselves... the cries of "It's too hot to ride" are coming...