DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 567
2 members and 565 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

May 27, 2005, 03:47 PM

So im travelling down 95 in that holiday traffic. Im travelling with a friend who is pushing it harder than my limit, but dumbazz me forgot the rule #1 - Drive at your own pace. So i am trying to get over a lane and this lady in her nice little minivan is being a bitch and wont let me over. so then a trailer cuts in front of me and i pull a newb move and grab a hand full of brake, lock up the front and the wobble begins. I try to hold it, but at 35-45mph i am like i am not at this level yet and i am gonna make matters worse and highside, so i just said faghetaboutit --- lean to my left and let go... my beauty slides about 10ft on her left side crying the whole way when thunk frame slider pops...then boom left side mirror...she is huting and i can tell...because now pavement is ripping apart her left side. i am crying as i am sliding on my azz and witnessing the whole event before my eyes. Jump off and i actually picked my baby up by myself...get her started on tothe side of the road i go. Then i look down and notice her sweet spot(shifter) snapped off as well. Damn start looking for the other rider...boom...gone...calling no answer. Finally a fellow rider named Gene rolls on by and checks me out...tells me about Powersports over off route 1. We kick my baby over to the place and i am driving her thug style...no shifter pedal...make it to the place and get the shifter replaced for $95 not too bad...no mirrors in stock though. Gus took a look and could see no mechanical defects.

im tucked away at home now...with a textile jacket left shoulder is shredded, but no bruises to my shoulder...just a heat bump by my elbow.

Like i kept telling myself it was inevitable, unfortunately it was the competitor in me that said i could keep up instead of keeping my own pace and i went down...good newb mistake of panic braking along with not driving my own pace. Dont have any pics but pretty much the corner edges of the left side are scraped up and need some new paint...didnt crack. Thats all now you guys can post your comments like Good to Go DUmbazz!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Azraely2k  
Unread
  (#2)
whoa preppy......

May 27, 2005, 03:54 PM

You crashed on I-95 racing someone else on memorial day weekend?
Then you paid someone $100 to replace a shifter that is held on by a single 10mm pinch bolt?
Then you tell everyone about it? LMAO!

Then again, I had to read what you typed 4 or 5 times. Hilarious!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
What's today? aah fuck it

May 27, 2005, 03:54 PM

You gotta ride with your head on tight and within your limits...you just got that bike! But its good to know you're alright and u rode it home!
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Racer

May 27, 2005, 03:55 PM

Look at the good side, you are alive and in 1 piece. Crashing in traffic is bad news, cars can run you over or you could slam into something that wont move.

As far as hauling ass in holiday traffic, sounds very risky to me regardless of ability level.
Unread
  (#5)
whoa preppy......

May 27, 2005, 03:57 PM

Holy son of Jarel I hope you are trollin!

2018 XSR700
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2019 Honda Monkey
2019 Z900 ABS
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

May 27, 2005, 03:59 PM

trollin? i wasnt racing scot. just driving a little fast.

now the girl wants me to sell the bike....damn she is so scary...gotta be strong and tell that mothasucka NO!
Unread
  (#7)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 27, 2005, 04:01 PM

Ok first. Glad you are ok. But this story makes me ask a few questions.

#1 You were riding with a friend and he left you after you crashed?
#2 You were riding above your limit on 95 in holiday traffic. How fast can that be?
#3 If your level isn't 35-45 MPH yet, why are you even on 95?
#4 A speed wobble @ 35-45 MPH? Sure it wasn't a panic wobble?

Like I said. Glad you are ok. Might wanna hit the parking lots for some practice before you hit the highway again.

Oh yeah...Get a new friend!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

May 27, 2005, 04:03 PM

Gobbler yeah i am not sure if he noticed me even go down, but still i havent heard from him yet. And no not the speed was above my limit...that damn traffic weaving was though. and yeah i said it was a panic wobble...not a speed wobble. gotta practice that panic braking.
Unread
  (#9)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 27, 2005, 04:04 PM

hey well at least you are ok. be happy you didnt get hit by a car.

E_M_A_G_D_N_I_M
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to fictionnn Send a message via AIM to fictionnn  
Unread
  (#10)
BE ENCOURAGED!

May 27, 2005, 04:06 PM

Gobbler? I asked serious questions based on what you wrote there. You wanna be an ass about it and get smart. Game on!!! Hope you are better at that then riding though!!

FOREVER #47 "Walking In The Echo...."
Are you a 'Secret Believer"? Do you Conceal your faith from your family, friends and co-workers? Isn't it about time to step out of hiding and let others know whom you follow?
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to GUZZ Send a message via Skype™ to GUZZ 
Unread
  (#11)
What's today? aah fuck it

May 27, 2005, 04:07 PM

Oh be nice Guzzy!
Unread
  (#12)
Asleep at the wheel!

Sorry to hear about the bike but glad you are ok.

'82 Honda CB750 f Supersport
'03 Suzuki SV650s
'05 Yamaha TTR 125 LE
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to SquirrelHead Send a message via AIM to SquirrelHead Send a message via MSN to SquirrelHead Send a message via Skype™ to SquirrelHead 
Unread
  (#13)
Licensed Rider

Guzzler. I wasn't trying to be an azz. I looked at your name once and wrote what i thought i saw. dont make anything more of it. I answered your questions so you could know why i went down.
Unread
  (#14)
GP Racer

May 27, 2005, 04:13 PM

I have some advice, next time you crash, do it on a racetrack!
Unread
  (#15)
DAS BOOT

May 27, 2005, 04:19 PM

OK- you recognized what you did wrong. Don't do it again and if you see your friend doing that, you might want to advise him/ her to not ride like that. Or anyone you ride with. Inevitably it will catch up with you and bite you in the ass.

Take it to the track. Be safe.

Wow. Just..................wow.