DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 564
2 members and 562 guests
2blueyam, GETFURIOUS
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Accident on 28 south of waxpool @ 3:30
Unread
  (#1)
Signed up for Track Days!

Accident on 28 south of waxpool @ 3:30 - October 8, 2006, 03:19 PM

It was a black R1 or zx10. Looked bad, hope the rider makes it out o.k.

I think I'm finally the pussy people always told me I was.

Last edited by gsxr1000md; October 8, 2006 at 06:13 PM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Ballaugh Bridge

October 8, 2006, 03:36 PM

See Shoutbox.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

October 8, 2006, 05:14 PM

Yes, I know. I'm still working it.

Rider is OK, but the bike is totalled. 4 vehicles involved altogether.

Lt. Colonel Grossman - writes in his introduction to The Bulletproof Mind:

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#4)
Knee Draggin!

October 8, 2006, 05:41 PM

Im sure it was some dumb ass foreigner that doesnt speak english in a minivan that cut off the biker. Charge them all with RD except the biker!
Unread
  (#5)
IrightI

October 8, 2006, 05:41 PM

Was he wearing a black jacket with a white skeleton design on the back?

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
Unread
  (#6)
Licensed Rider

October 8, 2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUC999
Im sure it was some dumb ass foreigner that doesnt speak english in a minivan that cut off the biker. Charge them all with RD except the biker!
Nope. Some dumbass white boy who tried to violate that small physics rule about two objects occupying the same space at the same time. Or something like that. The one car attempted to avoid, hit another car, bounced off of that, hit the white boy and spun him out, then the bike hit him as he was sideways in the road.

One Vietnam veteran, an old retired colonel, once said this to me: "Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident."....

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

October 8, 2006, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
Was he wearing a black jacket with a white skeleton design on the back?
Yes, I believe so.

That jacket and his helmet saved him. Unfortunately the jeans were not enough to keep a little road rash away. But seriously the helmet saved his life.

He's going to be fine.

Unread
  (#8)
Mohawk Ryderz Prez

October 8, 2006, 07:15 PM

i was with my boyz around that time, was the zx-10 green, i saw it around 28 going north to rt 7 but we past them way at the beginning by expo center. i hope they are ok...
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
IrightI

October 8, 2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog
Yes, I believe so.

That jacket and his helmet saved him. Unfortunately the jeans were not enough to keep a little road rash away. But seriously the helmet saved his life.

He's going to be fine.
I saw him around 10:45 or so rolling down 28 northbound. He was weaving in and out and at one point, as he merged left from the far right lane, a car merged right from the far left - it was a close call. The odds caught up with him apparently. Hope he gets back on quick.

06 R6 Raven
03 R6 Track
Unread
  (#10)
Ballaugh Bridge

October 8, 2006, 07:36 PM

Durango and a Crown Vic also involved. Rider is 16 years old, learner's permit only, from Leesburg. And your radio is a POS. Did I hear all that correctly?

Unread
  (#11)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

October 8, 2006, 08:42 PM

glad to hear the rider will be ok!!!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#12)
Licensed Rider

October 8, 2006, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
Durango and a Crown Vic also involved. Rider is 16 years old, learner's permit only, from Leesburg. And your radio is a POS. Did I hear all that correctly?
Ummmm... did my expletive about my crappy radio make it out on the air?

Unread
  (#13)
Ballaugh Bridge

October 8, 2006, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog
Ummmm... did my expletive about my crappy radio make it out on the air?
No, just that it was cutting out and to put it on the log. Hopefully once STARS becomes fully operational there will be less radio issues.

Unread
  (#14)
Licensed Rider

October 8, 2006, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVbadguy
No, just that it was cutting out and to put it on the log. Hopefully once STARS becomes fully operational there will be less radio issues.
What's sad is that I may be entrusting my life to that POS radio one day... and it is going to fail me. Heck I can't even get it to stay working while I'm not moving and I'm inside the car. I have to rely on my personal cell phone to communicate at work.

I'm STILL working on that freaking accident too.

Unread
  (#15)
Site Admin

October 9, 2006, 02:25 PM

I drove past the accident yesterday, guess it looked worse than it was. I didnt like that feeling of seeing the rider laying in the road.