DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 138
2 members and 136 guests
2blueyam, davidcycle
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
495 near Route 4 @ 6pm today
Unread
  (#1)
AMA Superbike Champ

495 near Route 4 @ 6pm today - May 16, 2010, 09:21 PM

Was slabbing it back on 495 today from the NB route today. Got onto 495 from route 4 and it was dead stopped BOTH ways. About a mile up on the southbound side there was a downed orange ZX-10 laying against the guard rail pretty much totalled. Than about 400 ft before that there were 3 or 4 bikes and cars stopped. Saw about 4 park police and 3 state troopers and they had the entire 495 southbound blocked. Must of been at least 5 miles of traffic.

Anyone know what happen and if the person is ok? Scary scene.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Licensed Rider

May 16, 2010, 10:20 PM

Is was two of my friends involved in the accident. Don't have all the specifics but a car hit the orange ZX-10 causing him to go down and then the bike hit my friend on his white/silver GSXR 1000. The friend on the Kawi is in the hospital with some broken bones, and my other friend walked away with minor road rash.
Unread
  (#3)
Pfffft...

May 16, 2010, 11:30 PM

Im glad they are ok.. Hope for a quick recovery.

2008 GSXR-600
2005 SV650S Naked Streetfigther (Sold)
Unread
  (#4)
It was me.

May 17, 2010, 12:02 AM

Damn that's messed up. Glad they are mostly ok.

Mohawk Ryderz Road Captain
www.MohawkRyderz.com

"We drop sukaz!"

-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwgOmlI0ht.../s400/byah.jpg
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Widow Maker  
Unread
  (#5)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 17, 2010, 07:26 AM

My friend who was a few minutes a head of me on 495 said he saw a bunch of bikes lane splitting. When I came up on it 5 minutes later there were several bikes all down.
Unread
  (#6)
I got a need for Speed!_!

May 17, 2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD636 View Post
My friend who was a few minutes a head of me on 495 said he saw a bunch of bikes lane splitting. When I came up on it 5 minutes later there were several bikes all down.
90% of the time that is the case on 495, the bike was probably at fault for traveling at a high rate of speed and in between cars, may not be true in this guys case, but that is the way it goes on the highway. City/backroads its usually the car that hits us, I don't like either but those are the risks if you choose.

TPM Red
AMA#629103
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to thespectralsorrows Send a message via AIM to thespectralsorrows  
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

May 17, 2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectralsorrows View Post
90% of the time that is the case on 495, the bike was probably at fault for traveling at a high rate of speed and in between cars, may not be true in this guys case, but that is the way it goes on the highway. City/backroads its usually the car that hits us, I don't like either but those are the risks if you choose.
I believe that was true in this case, my buddy said they were moving in and out of cars.
Unread
  (#8)
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

May 17, 2010, 09:00 AM

Both Knee cap bones exposed, and hole in ankles....shit could have been worst with 495 Air show traffic.

good thing he will live...

The Nightmare of Summit Point
WERA Nov# 325 / CCS # 326
2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race)
2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
  Facebook Page MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to vonstallin  
Unread
  (#9)
Elite Racing

May 17, 2010, 09:16 AM

Glad your friends are okay and it wasn't any worse.

It's a long shot, but I'm not so sure posting up details about the accident on a public board is a good idea in the event it goes to court.

Chris
Elite Racing
CCS AM #458

Godspeed Bam Bam

VFR Matt: gotta be a winner at something. Cant reach for the stars mind well be king of suck
tecknojoe: we could get together at my house and mount my trailor
vonstallin: whack one off 4 me henrey
thefitzvh: I'm the assholist asshole that ever assholed
Unread
  (#10)
T.R.I.T.D.H

May 17, 2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonstallin View Post
Both Knee cap bones exposed, and hole in ankles....shit could have been worst with 495 Air show traffic.

good thing he will live...

when you said that I grabbed my knee caps....man it isn't a lot of skin b/t your kneecap for real.

anyways there way another accident on 495 involving a friend of a friend....not sure where on the beltway...
EDIT: Just looked at text on phone. It came in at 4:32pm yesterday...definitely not related.

but again as usual multiple accidents this weekend.

Wish it would all just stop.

What do you value more? Life or Image?

"I don't ride, I usually just sit around wearing a tshirt and my icon back protector and talk shit about anyone who does not have a liter bike. That's how you can pick me out of a crowd. I also wear a red tophat."
Unread
  (#11)
AMA Superbike Champ

May 17, 2010, 01:18 PM

Actually we were in traffic at least 20 minutes prior to the scene. It looked like the cops where there awhile. 4:32pm probably sound about right. This could be your friends friend accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkofDC View Post
when you said that I grabbed my knee caps....man it isn't a lot of skin b/t your kneecap for real.

anyways there way another accident on 495 involving a friend of a friend....not sure where on the beltway...
EDIT: Just looked at text on phone. It came in at 4:32pm yesterday...definitely not related.

but again as usual multiple accidents this weekend.

Wish it would all just stop.
Unread
  (#12)
The STREETS is all I got!

May 17, 2010, 01:37 PM

I was also coming from North Beach about this time, didnt see downed bike but i did see a White Ford F150 with its front bumper missing and a white "gixxer" on the back, with a car infront and behind it on shoulder, another few hundred feet and there were several vehicles parked on the inside shoulder, one of which was a truck with several ATV's on a trailer. Traffic was backed up on I495 north from Penn ave to right past richie marlboro road exit.

Don't ask me how many years I've been riding.....ASK ME HOW MANY HOURS!!!!!!
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to robby23rd Send a message via AIM to robby23rd  
Unread
  (#13)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 18, 2010, 02:00 PM

Yep, So I'm the guy who was on the Sliver and White GSXR 1000....Black BMW got spoked hearing the motorcycle driving safetly and calmly through traffic, she started to change lanes then decided to get back in her orginal lane by that time the yellow zx-10 already moved to her open spot and she jerked her car back in that lane hitting him causing him to be ejected and his bike to clip mine and take me out.
Unread
  (#14)
Inquire photoshoot within

May 18, 2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise View Post
I believe that was true in this case, my buddy said they were moving in and out of cars.

Obviously .

Tell your idiot friends I said thanks for making my folks late for a birthday dinner because of the Bridge traffic. Oh, and making my insurance rates continue to go up.

I <3 my Honda.
Weaksauce.org
WDCR SCCA #45/20
Weapon of choice-Rebel XT

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to MotoBlairF4  
Unread
  (#15)
Licensed Rider

May 18, 2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1King View Post
Yep, So I'm the guy who was on the Sliver and White GSXR 1000....Black BMW got spoked hearing the motorcycle driving safetly and calmly through traffic, she started to change lanes then decided to get back in her orginal lane by that time the yellow zx-10 already moved to her open spot and she jerked her car back in that lane hitting him causing him to be ejected and his bike to clip mine and take me out.
Hey man, let me know what's going to happen with the bike, I'm interested in some parts.

This is Nate BTW