DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 542
2 members and 540 guests
2blueyam, dubplaya
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)
GP Champ

July 25, 2005, 08:52 AM

This weekend. Noticed no one copied it from CF. Just another reminder people, this is senseless and there is no need to speed out on the street where cars and guardrails and moutains can kill you.

Guzzler would like you all to visit his house at least once in your life, more if possible.

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/sh...hreadid=179999

'00 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R
'03 Honda XR100R
Xbox: ThrustinJ
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ThrustinJZX6  
Unread
  (#2)
Super Moderator

July 25, 2005, 09:31 AM

And I want to go back more than once..

People be careful...211 is not a joke...And contrary to popular demand, the rumble strips are not brake markers. If thats what you want, Summit is not that far away!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#3)
Super Moderator

July 25, 2005, 09:32 AM

Does anyone know who crashed? Please do not post names thatyou might think it is...Just stickl to the facts!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#4)
GP Champ

July 25, 2005, 12:41 PM

did it happen uphill or downhill

Buell (American Motorcycles)
"Had enough rice? Try some apple pie."
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#5)
Typical Stripper

July 25, 2005, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell2001b
did it happen uphill or downhill
My guess would be downhill.... many have issues with decreasing radius.

I really wish more people would do track days instead of having this happen... Its sad and disheartening every time.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner & Creator

July 25, 2005, 02:25 PM

First left hander is uphill
Unread
  (#7)
Typical Stripper

July 25, 2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6onE
First left hander is uphill
Good point, I should have read a little harder too

Quote:
On the second run up the mountain, came upon a crash in the first big left-hander.

Nate CCS/ASRA #29 - www.nudebikesracing.com - 2012 MARRC AM Racer of the Year

Ticket2Speed, RnR Cycles, Twin Works Factory, Scorpion Helmets, Pro Speed Racing Apparel, Vortex, DC-Moto.net/Amsoil, Dunlop, Sharkskinz, DCSportbikes.net
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#8)
Slow Poke

July 25, 2005, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion9R
And I want to go back more than once..

People be careful...211 is not a joke...And contrary to popular demand, the rumble strips are not brake markers. If thats what you want, Summit is not that far away!
Yes, please be careful.

I don't wanna be your b*tch. Say no to 2up!

RIDE THIS!
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
GP Racer

July 25, 2005, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist

I really wish more people would do track days instead of having this happen... Its sad and disheartening every time.
Track days wont save you from crashing. We are all human and make mistakes and we error in judgement no matter how long we have been riding and what our skill level is.

Also, we dont know the circumstances surrounding the accident so lets not assume anything. For all we know, a car ran him off the road.
Unread
  (#10)
Super Moderator

July 25, 2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudist

Track days wont save you from crashing. We are all human and make mistakes and we error in judgement no matter how long we have been riding and what our skill level is.

Also, we dont know the circumstances surrounding the accident so lets not assume anything. For all we know, a car ran him off the road.
True...Trackdays are just a better controlled enviorment....People crash on the track too...Just look at me!

I posted this up on .com but I think everyone shoudl read this...

Let me say this. P-Luva - Not YOUR FAULT! You did the best you could do. And no one expects more than that. We are all HUMAN! Accidents are exactly what they are - ACCIDENTS! Unfortunately, this is what happens in what we do. I wish them all a speedy recovery. I have gone to 211 with BIG groups and small groups - but alas, I have stayed away from 211 for a while now. We all preach and preach but the person has to want to hear. I dont wish on anyone to see what you saw or go through what you and your friends did. I am no where near a Safety Geat Nazi or anything close to what I do. I try to watch who I ride with and where I ride. I ride my own ride. I am not a beltway baller by any means. Im sure everyone here has heard me and a TON of other people holloring "Go to the track for that sh*t!" But honestly, the track isnt all about speed, its also about learning what your bike can do. My response times are way up and I am learning what my bike can and CANT do.

211 is a good road. People have been taking that road as the scenic route for a long time and they will for a long time. That road is NO JOKE. P-Luva is a good guy and I will vouch for him and ride with him ANY day of the week. He can lead me and my group anywhere...

Everyone - respect your bike and the road your on. You never know EVERYTHING that is happenning. Sometimes things just happen that are outa your control. Take a minute and check yourself! I dont care how long youve been riding, the size of your chicken strips, how many times you have been to 211 or how fast youve taken 211, how fast you made it from 12th and Pennsylvania Ave S.E. to B-More....IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR DEAD OR HURT! Does it?!

Not a sermon...Just a tidbit of advise

-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588