DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 560
4 members and 556 guests
davidcycle, GRN96WS6, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Anyone hear about the Loudon guy that died?
Unread
  (#1)
Red Sox Nation

Anyone hear about the Loudon guy that died? - April 4, 2006, 10:04 PM

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44963

Quote:
From the Loudoun County Times

"An Ashburn man died in a motorcycle wreck Thursday, March 23, around 9:15 p.m., according to Loudoun County Sheriff's spokesman Kraig Troxell.

Dustin Marshall Vancamp, 23, of Ashburn, was riding a 2006 Kawasaki northbound on Belmont Ridge Road when he collided with a 2006 Hyundai Sonata driven by Carmelo Martinez Jr., 43, also of Ashburn. Martinez was making a left-hand turn from Gloucester Parkway onto southbound Belmont Ridge Road when the vehicles collided, Troxell said.

Vancamp, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown from the motorcycle. He was transported to Inova Loudoun Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival, Troxell said.

The Sheriff's Office is investigating the crash and would like any witnessses to call Deputy Sgt. S. Allen at 703-777-5798."

http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm...id=576934&rfi=8

Yankees Suck
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to -yz-  
Unread
  (#2)
Red Sox Nation

April 4, 2006, 10:05 PM

You know, on a side note I'm really sick (physically speaking) of hearing about people crashing... I've been on the forums all night reading about crash's and what not. That said, it makes me that much more careful on my bike when I drive it to work and on the weekends.

Ride safe.

Yankees Suck
Unread
  (#3)
Diddle e i

April 4, 2006, 10:48 PM

YZ - Wait till the riding season kicks in properly. Bad news seems to flow in by the day

~ John ~

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, and the lesson afterwards

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/photoplo...14/1_honda.jpg

Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to Mocaba Send a message via Yahoo to Mocaba Send a message via AIM to Mocaba Send a message via MSN to Mocaba Send a message via Skype™ to Mocaba 
Unread
  (#4)
Site Owner

April 4, 2006, 10:51 PM

Yes, this was posted up the day that it happened.

So sad. PLEASE BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!!!

(O|||||||O) and (0OO\(||||)(||||)/OO0)

Help support DCSportbikes.net! Become a Premier Member today!

Katie #135.

Nudist: If Ben isnt still riding me, then I need it
B: that sounds odd
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to ClemsonJeeper  
Unread
  (#5)
Knee Draggin!

April 4, 2006, 11:52 PM

yah sounds like it could be one of those accidents that being careful just aint gonna save u. cruising down a road and having someone make a left turn in front of u... r.i.p.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#6)
Owner & Creator

April 4, 2006, 11:54 PM

Riding season hasn't even started. Just wait till it does. 2 yrs ago in November 2004 I knew or heard of 22 people that crashed!
Unread
  (#7)
Contributes nothing

April 4, 2006, 11:59 PM

Belmont Ridge Road is just bad news period. Consistent construction traffic, always dirty, debris & roadkill on it. add to that the blind corners, overgrown intersections and terrible surface quality, avoid if you can. I live about a 1/2mile from it so it's just something I deal w/, but I've had more close calls on that road than just about any other

-Craig

Confusing the issue, since before you were ugly.

Woody: i'd probably bang her if she didn't look like a man

spud: yeah, i was checking out dicks
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to yzl337  
Unread
  (#8)
Owner & Creator

April 5, 2006, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzl337
Belmont Ridge Road is just bad news period. Consistent construction traffic, always dirty, debris & roadkill on it. add to that the blind corners, overgrown intersections and terrible surface quality, avoid if you can. I live about a 1/2mile from it so it's just something I deal w/, but I've had more close calls on that road than just about any other
I just went on it last week, wasn't too bad in my opinion.
Unread
  (#9)
Site Admin

April 5, 2006, 12:47 AM

RIP man...i read about this a while back.
Unread
  (#10)
> 6'3" need not apply!

April 5, 2006, 08:41 AM

OMG!!! I had heard about this but what is shocking is that I think I know who the driver is!!! He's a good friend of mine (son plays sports with my son) and he is a HUGE fan of bikes (and bikers). This is totally shocking to me on both ends. I don't recall him having this kind of car, but he could have purchased one recently for his son. I want to email him but I don't know if I should right now. This is terrible!

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

Unread
  (#11)
B
It goes to 11.

April 5, 2006, 11:02 AM

yz, you ride long enough and you encounter misfortune. The chances are that in the next 5 years a few of the people on this board will die or be severely injured, and mortality is a scary thing.

We brush off mortality and ignore it so often that when you go to these crash sites it's almost overwhelming. Death is something everyone fears because it's the ultimate sense of loss and we don't know how to reconcile it in our lives and day to day because really, mortality isn't part of it. I've had friends die in car wrecks, plane wrecks, motorcycle wrecks and it's a part of the natural process.

My suggestion, make your peace with God, yourself, or whatever you believe in because there are a billion ways to die. You can own your mortality or let it own you.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B  
Unread
  (#12)
> 6'3" need not apply!

April 5, 2006, 01:07 PM

Turns out, it was my friend that hit the biker. This is messing with my head because it's tragic on both ends. This is right by his house and he will be haunted with this everyday of his life. I can see how this could happen at that spot because you can't always see the traffic coming up the hill on Belmont Ridge. I feel terrible for my friend and I feel even worse for this kids family.

Yes, death is a reality of life, and although it is a reality, causing ones death isn't.

Sending my prayers out to the the kids family and to my friend and his family. My friend is a father of 3, ages 17, 14 and 11. Damn...

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

Unread
  (#13)
Red Sox Nation

April 6, 2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixrben
yz, you ride long enough and you encounter misfortune. The chances are that in the next 5 years a few of the people on this board will die or be severely injured, and mortality is a scary thing.

We brush off mortality and ignore it so often that when you go to these crash sites it's almost overwhelming. Death is something everyone fears because it's the ultimate sense of loss and we don't know how to reconcile it in our lives and day to day because really, mortality isn't part of it. I've had friends die in car wrecks, plane wrecks, motorcycle wrecks and it's a part of the natural process.

My suggestion, make your peace with God, yourself, or whatever you believe in because there are a billion ways to die. You can own your mortality or let it own you.
That basically puts it into perspective. Thanks for the response, ride safe.

Yankees Suck