DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 508
2 members and 506 guests
Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Bike down on Rt7 @ River Creek Pkwy
Unread
  (#1)
Ballaugh Bridge

Bike down on Rt7 @ River Creek Pkwy - November 13, 2006, 09:30 AM

This morning around 5:30 just a few minutes after I went through this intersection I heard about a bike down. It's not the guy I work with because caught up to him a little while later. The only other bikes I ever see are an FZ600 I frequently pass on the way to work and sometimes a FFX Co motor cop. I don't remember if the FZ has WV tags, but the bike involved did. The rider was IDed as Jeff Barclay. I heard that the rider was up and walking.

Later I heard Leesburg PD talking about a wreck and going to Leesburg Hospital because there was a fatality. There were several car wrecks in and around Leesburg this morning so I don't know what all is related. As of now LPD is still on scene at Rt7/River Creek. It sounds like an accident investigation. They mentioned a car, scrape marks and no other debris for the investigation.

'08 MARRC Expert Racer of the Year
2009 #3 Combined Overall Championship

Last edited by CrazyMotorcycleGuy; November 13, 2006 at 09:51 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Nothing here

November 13, 2006, 10:16 AM

That's my intersection going to Potomac Station. Wasn't me though. Hope the rider is okay.
Unread
  (#3)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

November 13, 2006, 01:45 PM

yeah hope the rider is ok!

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#4)
Ballaugh Bridge

November 13, 2006, 06:42 PM

Damn! This could be the guy on the FZ. If so this guy wore a 'Stich with all that reflective stuff on the back too. Watch your six everyone. I haul ass every morning just to make it through that light. Otherwise I'd be stopped first in line with three lanes of brain-dead, sleeping cagers bearing down on me in the dark.

__________________________________________________ ________________
A motorcycle driver was killed this morning after being struck by a car at the intersection of Rt. 7 and River Creek Parkway at approximately 5:30 a.m.

Jeffrey Daniel Barclay, of Charles Town, WV, was stopped at the intersection, heading eastbound, when Alejandro Diego Salguero, of Martinsburg, WV, struck him from behind. Barclay was transported to Cornwall Emergency Room where he succumbed to his injuries, according to Leesburg Police Lt. Jeff Dube. Salguero was charged with reckless driving. The decision to file any additional charges would be made after consultation with the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office, Dube said.

Salguero, 37, was driving a 1998 Mercury Villager. Barclay, 29, was on a 2005 Yamaha Motorcycle.

This is the first fatality on Leesburg's roads this year, according to Dube.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Additional charges? How about vehicular manslaughter for failing to pull his head out of his ass before getting behind the wheel!

Unread
  (#5)
I'm so tired

November 13, 2006, 08:49 PM

So sad.

RIP Jeffrey Daniel Barclay

Myke
- 2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
- 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
- 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
- 1999 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
- 2001 Suzuki DR650 (Sold)

R.I.P. my friends;
Karl Michael "Dragula" Meckenberg
Greg "BamBam" Walker
Jeff Vega
Totnac
Unread
  (#6)
1 of DA PAK FOUNDERS!!

November 26, 2006, 12:05 PM

RIP

R1 , 2001
Gixxer 2005
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Chico Send a message via AIM to Chico  
Unread
  (#7)
whats in your drink?

Location: Mineral VA. If you know where it is you can pass go
November 26, 2006, 02:06 PM

Effing asshole!!!!

R.I.P

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!
X
Take care of new riders, we were them, and they will be us.
Unread
  (#8)
I'm a Rookie, How do I Wheelie?

May 21, 2007, 11:54 PM

Just to let you know-on this accident...that was my husband on his motorcycle. The guy who hit him fell asleep at the wheel and ran my husband over. He had celebrated his 29th birthday that weekend I am only 26 and we have two kids together. I miss him greatly and if anybody saw this accident or know anything about it -PLEASe let me know. The guy who hit him only plead no contest to improper driving and got off. I am begging anyone who went by that morning or saw it happen to please let me know so I can understand
Unread
  (#9)
singin sweet home alabama

May 22, 2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinoz22
Just to let you know-on this accident...that was my husband on his motorcycle. The guy who hit him fell asleep at the wheel and ran my husband over. He had celebrated his 29th birthday that weekend I am only 26 and we have two kids together. I miss him greatly and if anybody saw this accident or know anything about it -PLEASe let me know. The guy who hit him only plead no contest to improper driving and got off. I am begging anyone who went by that morning or saw it happen to please let me know so I can understand
OMG, I am so so sorry for your loss - I wish there was something I could do to help.

Everyone, please remember to check your mirrors - every time you stop. I can't count how many times I've nearly been run over in the same manner.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#10)
whats in your drink?

May 22, 2007, 07:23 AM

Oz22 That is the worst thing Ive heard this year. We are a big family here and if thhere is something we can do please ask. If someone here saw this they will pipe up in time. Again sorry for your loss.

X
Unread
  (#11)
Ballaugh Bridge

May 22, 2007, 08:50 AM

I was literally at the scene of the wreck no more than 1 minute before it happened. Every day I pass through that light about 5-10 seconds before it turns red because of the way the light cycles are (3, sometimes 4-minute cycles. Same times every day). The time the light at Rt7/Battlefield turns red to the time the light at Rivercreek turns red is one minute give or take a few seconds. This is just enough time for me to turn on to Rt 7, accelerate full throttle and exceed the speed limit to make it through that intersection with some room to spare.

I REALLY doubt that driver was asleep. Thatís a cop out way to get off easy.

If Jeff was sitting at the light at Rivercreek first in line, he likely would've have been one of the lead vehicles sitting on Rt7 at Battlefield, thus first to the next light.

How could someone fall asleep in the minute or so that passes in the time it take to go from Battlefield to Rivercreek? Accelerating from a complete stop at Battlefield AND negotiating the right and left curves just prior to Rivercreek while asleep? For someone to hit him from behind means that person had to have been a lead vehicle in another lane sitting at the light on Rt 7 eastbound at Battlefield Pkwy or they actively passed the other vehicles ahead of them (I'd like to see that done while sleeping). BS!!!

Tired? Sure. Head up his ass, ABSOLUTELY! Either way it's manslaughter of some form.

I have to deal with these SOB everyday. This is why I haul ass down Rt7 to avoid having to stop.

There's a small chance someone from my neighborhood could've been stopped there in an adjacent lane, though usually they're going through that intersection just as it's turning red from what I can see in my mirrors. Surely there were other commuters who saw what happened. There is plenty of traffic then.

Unread
  (#12)
whats in your drink?

May 22, 2007, 08:58 AM

Travis if you or somebody else puts a poster up around there a neighbor / commuter might respond. Just a thought.

X
Unread
  (#13)
> 6'3" need not apply!

May 22, 2007, 09:02 AM

I am so sorry to hear this and about the loss of your husband! This is so sad. You and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

R.I.P. Jeff

Stacey
Blue 2005 SV650S (totaled)

Unread
  (#14)
Site ADMIN

May 22, 2007, 09:07 AM

The original post was from November 2006...FYI

This post was prepared as a service to the DCSportbikes.net community. Neither the DCSportbikes.net ADMINS nor any of the moderators, makes any warranty, expressed or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, link, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by DCSportbikes.net. The opinions of this author expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the DCSportbikes.net community, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
__________________________________________________ ________

Alex
13 Honda Fury
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to spud Send a message via MSN to spud  
Unread
  (#15)
B
It goes to 11.

May 22, 2007, 11:10 AM

watch your 6, I'm either up beside the bumper of a car in front of me, or I'm burning the light.

You're only as safe as the drivers around you. Had some dumbass barrel up behind me twice on 66 heading to Jamies a couple of weeks ago. A tap on his bumper is a wingless air ride for 30 feet for me... into whatever.

SV650s for SALE!!!
- 2007 SV650 Racebike-Superbike KWS/Thermosman suspension/Swenz bodywork/All GSXR Parts
- 2009 SV650 Streetbike Race blue with white stripe/No wrecks/fully faired with M4 full system

Shoot me a PM or talk to Nate (Nudist) if you're interested in purchase.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to B