DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 518
3 members and 515 guests
davidcycle, Heist, Scot
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Blue GSXR hits bicycle on Davis Ford Rd
Unread
  (#1)
Kat
Finally got a garage!

Blue GSXR hits bicycle on Davis Ford Rd - July 22, 2008, 10:30 AM

Cruiserhubby (CH) returned home to tell me the story, but I keep checking the crash and rash portion of .net for fear that the rider was someone here.

Sunday night CH went out for some food when he came upon the accident scene. He was the first car on the scene to NOT witness the event, but it appeared that two young teenage boys were riding their bicycle on Davis Ford Rd and the motorcyclist hit them. The bicycling boys seemed scratched up, but okay.

The rider of the blue GSXR was not. Lying face down, he had a hurt leg and he couldn't remember what had happened. A nurse was the next on the scene. CH and nurse tried to get the rider to remain calm, but he insisted upon rolling onto his back (he wore a backpack, I think) claiming he couldn't breathe. They helped remove his helmet.

Cruiserhubby tells me the ambulance drove him out to PW Pkwy to airlift him out of there. I do hope he's okay. I've been thinking about him ever since. If anyone knows him, please report back.

A quick search turned up this:

Published: July 21, 2008

A 14-year-old boy and a 21-year-old man were flown with non-life threatening injuries to Inova Fairfax Hospital Sunday night, following a wreck involving the boyís bicycle and the manís motorcycle in the Buckhall area, said Officer Erika Hernandez, Prince William police spokeswoman.
The wreck occurred around 9 p.m. in the 5100 block of Davis Ford Road, Hernandez said.
The 14-year-old boy was riding his bike within a couple of miles from his house in the center of the northbound lane when a 1992 Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle rear-ended him, police said.
Both were knocked off their vehicles, Hernandez said.
The two were flown to Inova Fairfax Hospital and were still being hospitalized Monday. The 14-year-old sustained a minor head injury and the motorcyclist, a Woodbridge man, sustained a broken collarbone and a minor head injury, Hernandez said.
Police said it appears the motorcycle was speeding at the time and the boy did not have all the proper safety equipment for his bike.
Unless the bicyclist is preparing to make a left turn or pass another vehicle, Virginia Code states the bicyclist is required to ride as far to the right of the road as is safely possible, Hernandez said.
Additionally, bicyclist are required to have a front headlight and a rear reflector if in a speed zone of 35 mph and up, and when riding between sunset and sunrise, Virginia Code states.
The roadway the boy was riding on was 45 mph and he had only reflectors on his bike, police said.
He was also was not wearing a helmet, which is required for youth ages 14 and younger, Hernandez said.
Itís possible that both the man and boy could be charged in the wreck, she said, adding that no charges had been placed as of Monday.

**Sara**
"She wont be so fuckable covered in road rash." -boomchic00

"The whore force is strong in this one."
Kevers

BamBam, I miss you more than words can say.

Last edited by Kat; July 22, 2008 at 10:47 AM..
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
2 wheels for life

July 22, 2008, 01:10 PM

Not me .. Yesterday I saw some people walking on the ramp that leads to US-50 in rosslyn ...
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to