DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 557
5 members and 552 guests
Bunky, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, Scot, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Brother crashed his GPZ1100
Unread
  (#1)
Licensed Rider

Brother crashed his GPZ1100 - May 29, 2009, 04:57 PM

My brother was coming over to workout with me today and almost made it. An older lady (70'ish) pulled out in front of him from a side street. She was written up for failure to yield. He said he didn't think he could swerve, locked the breaks up and T-boned her. He was wearing wearing the jacket and gloves I was letting him use... thankfully. After an inspection, both saved him some rash. Otherwise he had on a helmet, jeans and tennis shoes.

He went to the hospital. No injuries except for a sore back, fingers crossed some ice does the trick. Anyway, in terms of what may have helped him, he probably could have been watching the side streets better. Be careful out there... these sorts of drivers pulling out in front of us are real dangers.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Say Jur Oh

May 29, 2009, 04:59 PM

Glad he's basically alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#3)
done for now...

May 29, 2009, 05:02 PM

He's lucky it wasn't worse. Was this a realitively slow speed crash? Good to hear he's okay.
Unread
  (#4)
Derpentine Dealer

May 29, 2009, 05:22 PM

Every time I see a moron on either left or right or oncoming, I brace for the worst. I cover the front brake, give only maintenance throttle, and cover the clutch lever too. And I watch them. Idiots almost always telegraph their intentions. Believe it or not, they actually telegraph more when they're on the dam cell phone than when not. That's because their egg-sized cerebellum is pretty much running the show while their very thin cerebral cortex focuses on the stupid-ass phone conversation, and that little guy is real deliberate about what he does.

How's my posting? Please direct all concerns and inquiries to DCSBN's chief content manager, Hollywood, via PM.
Unread
  (#5)
someone adopt a newb

May 29, 2009, 05:32 PM

Damn dude. Glad he is ok. Was this out here in town?

Originally Posted by vonstallin
That shit is like wearing a condom your whole life while living in DC, but going to brazil and going bare back with all the chicks because they look better.

derilict:
So next time you feel the need to prove to the world that you should have been euthanized as a child, do it in someone else's thread.

"No such thing as to pretty to ride. The prettier they are the harder you should ride them. This is also true when it comes to woman." Nubbs

Thank you,

Management

2006 SV650: RIP
1982 Yamaha XJ650: Went old school, but moving on
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to flynmnky  
Unread
  (#6)
Riz
Hallmark card?!?

May 30, 2009, 12:43 AM

Same thing almost happened to me the other day where this dumb girl made a left turn when i was going straight. Good thing i normally go slow through intersections and was embracing for it, but it was still close. As i rode past her, the heffa had the biggest smile on her face...
Unread
  (#7)
Licensed Rider

May 30, 2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynmnky View Post
Damn dude. Glad he is ok. Was this out here in town?
Sure was, the intersection between the Texaco and 7-11 across from Cintas. He said he had a crowd of about 30 people, many of those being day workers that congregate there. I think he is pretty lucky given that he was going around 40 and thinks he may have scrubbed off 10 in the short time she pulled in front of him. The danger in T-boning someone IMO is getting launched into or over the car. He said he sort of flopped off to the left when the bike hit the car.

He said the lady got out saying that he had hit her, to which he said nothing and just laid down.
Unread
  (#8)
Licensed Rider

June 2, 2009, 05:16 PM

To update this a bit... the lady (her family or whomever) is now trying to get the police station to "change" the accident report. I realize taking responsibility can be difficult sometimes... but come on! She pulled out into moving traffic.

I got a mailing from a motorcycle specific lawyer group out of the blue yesterday, so I gave him that info. Anyone know anything about motorcyclelawgroup.com?
Unread
  (#9)
Signed up for Track Days!

June 2, 2009, 06:09 PM

How can they "change" an accident report?!@?! She was given a ticket!!!
Unread
  (#10)
Noob sauce

June 2, 2009, 06:16 PM

glad he is ok. that could have been worse.

thats crazy that they are trying to get it reversed. i hope law enforcment isnt dumb enough to let anything like that happen.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to chumchum