DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 524
3 members and 521 guests
2blueyam, Nobrains, superchickencornermonster
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Cellphone does it again..
Unread
  (#1)
It's not you, its ME!!

Cellphone does it again.. - June 1, 2009, 04:25 PM

The title says it all...

Coming back from work today about 4 pm in Alexandria, waiting at the light to turn so I can get on Washington North from Princess st. and BAM, I am on top of the car in front of me. I turn to see what happen and to no surprise of mine, The B!TCH behind me has her mouth coverd in amazement while her F`in right hand is still gripping her cell phone to her ear...

Bike hit the road but not too bad (broken rear signals, broken windscreen, broken tail lights, broken footpeg, and the exhaust is F'd and just minor cosmatic damages here and there), but overall damage is manageable, she wasn't going more thand 20 mph. I have a bruised knee and shoulder, nothing a beer and some generic vicodin can't fix.

I just wanted to let everyone know, be careful of the F`Tard cagers on phone while driving. They seem to think that the universe revolves around them.

Also never been in a bike accident before, so I had few questions.
1. Do I call my insurance or the other person's?
2. Do I have to call them right away?
3. Will I have to pay my deductable? and if Yes, is it worth it to go through the insurance?
4. Will aftermarket parts be covered?

Your feedback is appreicated

Sonny
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#2)
Mr. Glass

June 1, 2009, 04:28 PM

everything like a normal car accident.

nothing is diffrent.

06 Black 10R
http://theazzman.com
http://twitter.com/azzman
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''(@)(@)** **** (@)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
dressing up like a fruity gangster and going to Sterling, that is like wearing a tuxedo just to go to the bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi
Buying a sportbike to go the speed limit (which you do not do in your car) is like buying a condom to look at it.

Do you buy a condom to look at it? No you buy it to fuck.
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via ICQ to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman Send a message via AIM to usman  
Unread
  (#3)
TPG - screw face

June 1, 2009, 04:30 PM

man i was on frying pan road about to make a left onto 28 yesterday, and the car in the other lane stopped literally 2 inches (if that) from the back of the other car. I peaked over my handlebars and looked back at her and gave her the universal sign for "small penis" she looked at me while she was texting..waved her damn phone in the air and said (with the i'ma sexy blonde so it's ok - face) "i know, i know...sorry"

man that coulda been me

glad ur ok and everything is only minimal.
Unread
  (#4)
Track Ho

June 1, 2009, 04:30 PM

call your insurance company

if you got rear ended, it is there fault, and you should not have to pay a deductable

"I am officially retired so please don't ban me"
Unread
  (#5)
I hate Hybrid drivers

June 1, 2009, 04:34 PM

you don't pay the deductible unless the other driver tries to f you. if their insurance company gives you a hard time you can pay the deductible to your insurance company. they will fix your bike and go after the other insurance company for reimbursement.

You should call the persons insurance company. they will send someone out to look at your bike. you should try to be there when they do. point out all damage regardless of how small, point out all aftermarket parts, provide receipts, you won't get back 100% of the cost but you should get something semi close.

If they are a tech savy company like Geico or progressive they might print you out a check on the spot. then you buy parts on ebay, fix up your bike yourself and pocket the rest. Or you take it to a shop and pay way too much to have some pimple faced teanager fix it.

Don't let the company drag their stupid asses. Call them every day if you have to. Insurance companies are in buisness for one reason, to make money. Ride them hard.
Unread
  (#6)
Noob sauce

June 1, 2009, 04:37 PM

yea your insurance will go through their insurance to collect.

glad you are ok, sucks that people dont pay attention on the roads. people are to occupied when driving now days. i have seen people reading the newspaper while driving, doing makeup, and changing clothes while driving.

all though the girl changing clothes... yea that was kinda hot
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to chumchum  
Unread
  (#7)
Tough guy

June 1, 2009, 04:37 PM

i am so over fuckin' cell phones!
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to CamDLux Send a message via MSN to CamDLux Send a message via Skype™ to CamDLux 
Unread
  (#8)
2 wheels for life

June 1, 2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6hokie View Post
call your insurance company

if you got rear ended, it is there fault, and you should not have to pay a deductable
+1 .. see if you can put a scratch on the frame and total the bike .. insurance compnay should pay for a new bike

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#9)
TPG - screw face

June 1, 2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDLux View Post
i am so over fuckin' cell phones!
agreed.

I haven't put money on my prepaid joint in at least 1.5 months :whogivesafuck: i just holla at a bish and be like "twitter me shawty" haha (oneway is not on twitter)
Unread
  (#10)
Say Jur Oh

June 1, 2009, 04:48 PM

If you do not fix it yourself, DO NOT TELL THE SHOP IT'S AN INSURANCE JOB!!!

If you tell a shop it's an insurance job, they won't give you a price until they see the insurance estimate. If the estimate is over the cost, the cost will magically rise to equal the estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
I'm not saying this site has a bunch of gay dudes on it but a few of you definitely lack a bumpstop on the sexuality gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie View Post
Here is my anus! Deliver thy penis unto it!

Greg "BamBam" Walker
September 11th 2009
You are missed
Godspeed
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Seijirou  
Unread
  (#11)
2 wheels for life

June 1, 2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijirou View Post
If you do not fix it yourself, DO NOT TELL THE SHOP IT'S AN INSURANCE JOB!!!

If you tell a shop it's an insurance job, they won't give you a price until they see the insurance estimate. If the estimate is over the cost, the cost will magically equal the estimate.
Fixing will suck!! At this time shops do not wanna work on crap like that!

Adrenaline Addict
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to  
?
Unread
  (#12)
"?"

? - June 1, 2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
agreed.

I haven't put money on my prepaid joint in at least 1.5 months :whogivesafuck: i just holla at a bish and be like "twitter me shawty" haha (oneway is not on twitter)
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#13)
It's not you, its ME!!

June 1, 2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I will call her insurance (progressive) and get it started.

About getting stuff fixed. I was going to try and do it myself and offer beer and pizza to anyone who'd be willing to help me replace busted parts. But that's down the road.
Unread
  (#14)
Officially Addicted to Posting

June 1, 2009, 10:35 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Just as an FYI...its always good stop off to either side of the car in front of you, at an angle, with room to move, and with your bike in gear. Keep an eye on your mirrors and if it appears that the driver in the car behind you is approaching with their head up their ass, you have a better chance of getting out of there. Once they have stopped you should be alright to sit back and relax (unless the another car comes in at 60+ and crushes you all).
Unread
  (#15)
GP Champ

June 2, 2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG40cal View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident.

Just as an FYI...its always good stop off to either side of the car in front of you, at an angle, with room to move, and with your bike in gear. Keep an eye on your mirrors and if it appears that the driver in the car behind you is approaching with their head up their ass, you have a better chance of getting out of there. Once they have stopped you should be alright to sit back and relax (unless the another car comes in at 60+ and crushes you all).
+1 this is good advice.... but you did everything wrong next time you gotta make the biggest scene possible... demand someone call 911 and leave in the ambulance get a full check up and sue the dog shit outta that bitch and her insurance... if some life long injury were to magically spring from this you wont have any documentation of it coming directly from this incident...

.................................................. ..................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
Since MJ was 99% plastic, they're going to melt him down to make some lego blocks so kids can play with him for a
change.
.................................................. .......................