DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 547
4 members and 543 guests
Bunky, CCS762ZX6, GRN96WS6, Slider
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Crash on Windblown's 8/23 Noob ride
Unread
  (#1)
One of The Usual Suspects

Crash on Windblown's 8/23 Noob ride - August 25, 2008, 05:17 AM

Jeez, just read on .com that Windblown had someone go down on his noob ride Saturday.

http://dcsportbikes.com/forums/t/102276.aspx

Too many crashes lately...be careful out there people.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to toadmeister00  
Unread
  (#2)
Brainwash Your Face!

August 25, 2008, 07:10 AM

Ouch!

Broken T5 and T6!

Hope dude heals quick!

"Someone should donkey punch that bitch with a waffle iron then upload the video to World Star Hip Hop" ~.Nets Resident Chivalrous Gentlemen Stillie

RIP KATIE RIP BAMBAM RIP VEGA
Gasoline by The Bouncing Souls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxc2cM75NI

Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#3)
singin sweet home alabama

August 25, 2008, 09:12 AM

Dayum... and a ticket to boot.

"No race has ever been won in the first corner, but plenty have been lost there."
  MySpace.com Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via MSN to DvlsAdvc8  
Unread
  (#4)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 25, 2008, 09:34 AM

Yeah my buddy called me about it, he was on that ride...then the next day on a different ride in th same area another crashed happened and dude didnt make it.

sex addict

POWERED BY SUZUKI GSXR1000

Last edited by iceblizzxdc; August 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM..
  Facebook Page Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to iceblizzxdc  
Unread
  (#5)
just some dude

August 25, 2008, 09:50 AM

your sentence makes it sound like someone died on windblown's ride. windblown's ride was on saturday. there was a separate ride on sunday on route 33, it appears someone died on THAT ride and not windblown's ride.
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to novasquid Send a message via AIM to novasquid  
Unread
  (#6)
GP Champ

August 25, 2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadmeister00
Jeez, just read on .com that Windblown had someone go down on his noob ride Saturday.

http://dcsportbikes.com/forums/t/102276.aspx

Too many crashes lately...be careful out there people.
Yeah, it was a day of misfortune. I'm thankful that both riders that went down on the ride are or will be ok.

That brings the years total up to five crashes during rides I've been on for the year. I wasn't leading during the other three incidents though. Combine that with several other group ride single vehicle accidents involving folks I know directly or indirectly and I'm seriously pondering the whole group ride thing these days.

Be careful out there people. Full gear did not prevent serious injury to the rider mentioned in the OP and speeds were under 40 mph. As I'm sure most of you know a broken T-5 & T-6 is one breath away from being someones last ride. ever.
Unread
  (#7)
Four Fingers of Brake

August 25, 2008, 09:56 AM

Curious.. I read the other link.

Says he was going 30 mph when he crashed..

was that 30mph through 15 mph decreasing radius turn with gravel?

So many crashes lately.. curious as to the primary cause
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to RogerS  
Unread
  (#8)
GP Champ

August 25, 2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerS
Curious.. I read the other link.

Says he was going 30 mph when he crashed..

was that 30mph through 15 mph decreasing radius turn with gravel?

So many crashes lately.. curious as to the primary cause
The road was clean. It was not a 15mph turn but was a mild decreasing radius turn. From what I have heard I suspect that some level of distraction and then less than optimal reactions to the situation were the primary factors. He ran wide on the exit and ran out of road.
Unread
  (#9)
TEAM.SUKUZI

August 25, 2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novasquid
your sentence makes it sound like someone died on windblown's ride. windblown's ride was on saturday. there was a separate ride on sunday on route 33, it appears someone died on THAT ride and not windblown's ride.
fixed. Happy now?

sex addict