DCSportbikes.net  
» Help Support .NET!
DCSportbikes Premier Membership for 25$ per year. Discounts! Click here for full information.

Now available in the .NET Shop:

Get your DCSBN Gear!
» Shoutbox
Sorry, only registered users have the ability to use our real-time shoutbox to chat with other members.

Register now, it's free!
» Online Users: 573
2 members and 571 guests
davidcycle, Heist
Most users ever online was 4,519, September 2, 2015 at 03:26 AM.
Go Back   DCSportbikes.net > Sportbike Operation > Crash and Rash

LinkBack Thread Tools
Unread
  (#1)

June 25, 2004, 07:04 PM

Headed out to springfield last night and i was taking the 495S exit from Rt.7 in Tyson's Corner. I was in the left lane taking the turn when this guy just started to make a lane change right into my lane. I did not want to hit him and risk sliding down the road and getting hit by another car. So i stood it up and headed for the grass. It ended up high siding and i slid for maybe a foot on the pavement and into the grass....I was scared because as i was sliding my foot was under the bike. Got up shook it off, Just a little rash on my hand where it wore through the glove, nothing major and i sprained my ankle and wrist. Im glad nothing else happend.

The bike now.... I got lucky and the damage was minimal...No frame damage...Right fairing and upper fairing, Peanut engine cover, broken brake level and footpeg and a bent handle bar. I was able to ride it home and i already ordered all the replacement parts plus some mods an all so it;s not a total loss. Im going to take the opportunity to do all my winter mods now since it's apart(frame/swing arm polishing, lowering, custom paint and anything else i wanted to do this season) Just sad that i could not catch teh guy who did it. I should;ve hit him i guess....
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to Deespeed99  
Unread
  (#2)
GP Racer

June 25, 2004, 08:00 PM

Sorry this happened to you bro, but you know that things always happen for a reason. So keep your head up and you'll be riding again soon.

Douglas
R.I.P.-1995 F3
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via AIM to FlyinBy  
Unread
  (#3)
Licensed Rider

June 25, 2004, 08:14 PM

sorry to hear that man, i frequent that area a lot (near my work), so that sorta hits close to home. But look at it this way, at least you didn't get majorly hurt, and you bike is not totaled.

incidently, what would you have done if you did catch him? i think a punching in the face repeatly would do.
  Send a message via AIM to  
Unread
  (#4)
What's today? aah fuck it

June 25, 2004, 08:24 PM

Wusup homeboy. Good to know that writst wasn't broke. I told you that all along didn't I? When D told me about your accident, i didn't think you'd be back on the bike and riding 20 - 25 mins to ur crib man. I was expecting to get there and have to tow your shit and the whole deal. But being your first wreck, you handled yourself pretty damn well! It could've been a lot worse.

BTW, that guy i told u about who does the custom air-brush painting has a website(lost the url, but i'll let u know when i find it). You should see what that guy can do...

Your joint will turn out pretty sick
Unread
  (#5)
( * )|( * )

June 25, 2004, 09:30 PM

Damn man, sorry to hear that but it's good to hear you are ok!
Unread
  (#6)
Super Moderator

June 25, 2004, 11:09 PM

Glad your OK!

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”
-George Orwell

CCS Amateur #588
  Send a message via AIM to Send a message via Yahoo to Scorpion9R Send a message via AIM to Scorpion9R Send a message via MSN to Scorpion9R  
Unread
  (#7)
Owner & Creator

June 26, 2004, 02:58 AM

I had some dude aroudn ashburn the other day cut me off the fucked up thing was that his bumper sticker said
watch out for motorcycles lol